XIM Community

Suggestion: Keyboard Chat Profile  (Read 116 times)

Offline Replayz

• Gaming Fanatic
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Outpl4yz
  • PSN ID: KevIoI
Suggestion: Keyboard Chat Profile
« on: 04:18 AM - 04/01/19 »
Hey Guys, i got a suggestion specially for the Xim Apex Coders here. I was thinking about a Profile you can bind on a hotkey like a normal game profile for XIM APEX. With that Profile you can use your Keyboard as writing tool for chats or search inquiry's.

Here's an example like i thought it could work:

1. Open a Chat/Search on Xbox or PlayStation and wait for the Key Panel where you can press the letters with the controller.

2. Now press the binded button (for example F2) and now you can write with the connected keyboard on the Xim Apex.

3.If you are done, send the message and then switch back to your game profile that you are binding on a hotkey (for example F3).

I would be happy if i got an answer if its possible to code a chat profile like that or in that way. Please let me know. :)

In this case, happy fragging and have a nice Day !

Greetings from Austria !

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Suggestion: Keyboard Chat Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04:31 AM - 04/01/19 »
Welcome to the forum.

XIM does not pass keystrokes through to the console, all it outputs are button presses and stick positions as it behaves as a controller, not a keyboard. I'm sure this has been suggested previously and it wasn't possible.

The simplest alternative is to use the chat app for your console on your mobile phone or tablet.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:22 AM - 04/01/19 »
I always type with my keyboard. I don't understand why we would need a hot key to type. Now maybe I'm misunderstanding and you want to type full letters one key at a time (which isn't possible with the xim), but I usually do the same thing I would do with my controller by moving the cursor with WASD and clicking the space bar.

Offline Replayz

• Gaming Fanatic
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Outpl4yz
  • PSN ID: KevIoI
« Reply #3 on: 05:13 PM - 04/01/19 »
Okay, thanks for you answers and your time guys ! :)