XIM Community

Any one play apex with no aa?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
Any one play apex with no aa?
« on: 12:56 AM - 04/01/19 »
Interested in finding out about it but only if your a god thanks for your time.
Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline Stan123

• View Profile
Re: Any one play apex with no aa?
« Reply #1 on: 01:07 AM - 04/01/19 »
I might be dumb AF but what is AA?

Offline Malinkadink

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:13 AM - 04/01/19 »
I might be dumb AF but what is AA?

aim assist

Offline qt00tp

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: qt00tp
  • PSN ID: toddy66qt00tp
« Reply #3 on: 09:21 PM - 04/01/19 »
I didn't use AA in any games which can turn it off.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 02:36 AM - 04/02/19 »
Interested in finding out about it but only if your a god thanks for your time.
I'd happily answer your question, but I'm afraid I'm not a God. Sry.  :(
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Happy Camper Cavalry

• Only the best
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Currently 13 members
« Reply #5 on: 02:15 PM - 04/02/19 »
I do, Thank God they added the option to turn it off under the advanced tab. Not sure why they didn't call it aim assist but whatever.
The Happy Camper Cavalry are a collection of master Xim gamers who have banded together to become the premier Xim gaming team on Xbox.
*must be +4000 (OW) || +5 K/D (COD) || <500 FPP (PUBG)

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:04 AM - 04/03/19 »
I too wish to see this 'god' of no aim assist.  Show yourself!

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:00 PM - 04/03/19 »
I'm a "god" who prefers no AA on games, but I don't play Apex Legends anymore.

Battle Royale is not my cup of tea. I prefer intensive frenetic shooters, be in the mayhem constantly, leave trail of dead bodies and throw mine to the fire over and over. Instead of wasting my time looting, searching for enemies, dealing with camping and vulturing kills... so if felts boring for me, each their own, but I might be addicted to constant engaging and big killstreaks.
XIM Apex + Titan Two
PS4 Pro ♦ ASUS VG245H 24" ♦ Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X + Astro MixAmp ♦ Razer Orbweaver ♦ Logitech G305 ♦ Zowie G-SR

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:25 PM - 04/03/19 »
I know Hcc is a bit of a god any how I just wanted to know when u play no aa is it more PC like in regards to your mouse movements or do you still need to cater to the xim boundaries?  More for your quick micro adjustments and does the Xbox still register your shots properly?  Then how do you find close quarters battles.  Thanks

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:51 PM - 04/03/19 »
I know Hcc is a bit of a god any how I just wanted to know when u play no aa is it more PC like in regards to your mouse movements or do you still need to cater to the xim boundaries?  More for your quick micro adjustments and does the Xbox still register your shots properly?  Then how do you find close quarters battles.  Thanks

I just had a game with 165 kills, only infantry during my lunch brake. Anyways eg. on Battlefront 2015, that game has very low TTK and very obnoxious aim assist, but the aim look mechanic is one of the best and closes to PC on XIM, and as you can see on this gameplay I'm not using AA at all, I can flick, shoot to a clump of enemies and switch between targets, even do the jitter aim technique (fast microadjustments) -like when I'm flying over a guy -from PC, and many of those engagements were CQC.

However as I said it before, if the game has very precise aim/look mechanic translation I can go no AA at all. These is commonly true for Battlefield series and in some extend Battlefront.

I'm a PC player, so anything that interfere with my aim feels subpar, however the biggest thing that I had to learn when playing on XIM is teaching myself to turn, swiping slower, very counter-intuitive to what I'm used to do on PC.

« Last Edit: 07:57 PM - 04/03/19 by alanmcgregor »
XIM Apex + Titan Two
PS4 Pro ♦ ASUS VG245H 24" ♦ Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X + Astro MixAmp ♦ Razer Orbweaver ♦ Logitech G305 ♦ Zowie G-SR

Offline qt00tp

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: qt00tp
  • PSN ID: toddy66qt00tp
« Reply #10 on: 02:13 AM - 04/04/19 »
If there is a PVP FPS game which can not turn AA off, then I will just pass it.
If there is a PVP FPS game which with very poor look mechanic, then I will pass it too.
I hate the feel to be assisted, I want to trigger every shot by my own.

For apex legends, I have to say the look mechanic is not that bad. It's not perfect, but the delay can be fixed by boost, and the turn cap can be figured out with my Arm, it just someone is used to playing with AA.

I didn't play too much, just about 1000 kills, but I can say that I'm definitely above-average.

Offline Stan123

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:53 AM - 04/04/19 »
I'm playing Call of Duty Remastered and I don't use AA. My aim feels odd when it's turned on for some reason. I prefer the PC feeling when playing FPS games.

Offline JeIlis

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: JeIis
« Reply #12 on: 09:22 AM - 04/04/19 »
For those of you who play without AA how do you set up your configs? Most (if not all) of the shared settings on this forum are  to make AA in your game more manageable, so if thats not a factor is there a better set up the xim?

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:21 PM - 04/04/19 »
It's all muscle memory unfortunatly PC it'd pretty easy to get a sens of 1:1 feel between games here on xim every game reacts differently to the xim so u gotta retrain every time

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:58 PM - 04/04/19 »
I play with out AA on all games. that give the option. in the last update if you turn on the advance control options it let's you turn it off completely. it warns you  may not like it. it's harder to land shots with out it that's for sure but that's what I'm personally looking for. I want to be in complete control over where my shots land. I absolutely love that feeling Xim can give when playing and the control is spot on. BF1 had that. I'm close to that in BFV and further from it in Apex.  when it's off you realize how heavy handed that AA really is. I'm working on tuning the controls for no AA.