XIM Community

Black ops 4 jitter  (Read 508 times)

Offline Mathdebeast

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: NormiesQC
Black ops 4 jitter
« on: 04:08 PM - 03/30/19 »
I dont know why but when I play Bo4 , my mouse mouvements are really jittery.
I use 12k dpi , sync off and 1 smothing . Firmware :20180501

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Black ops 4 jitter
« Reply #1 on: 04:50 PM - 03/30/19 »
Use more Smoothing to remove the jitter. Alternately, drop polling and response rate to 500Hz, or Sync to Default, or reduce DPI.

Black Ops 4 benefits from features in the beta firmware, like Steady Aim and Boost, so it's highly recommended to update.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
Re: Black ops 4 jitter
« Reply #2 on: 10:09 PM - 03/30/19 »
I dont know why but when I play Bo4 , my mouse mouvements are really jittery.
I use 12k dpi , sync off and 1 smothing . Firmware :20180501

Iíve been playing around with Off sync and it seems to me that if I donít want to use smoothing it depends on two factors:
1. Mouse
2. CPI (DPI)

I believe that the 3360 sensor and trumove 3(rival 600) both have high amounts of internal smoothing when set to a CPI of 12000. This is why you would not need to use smoothing in your xim manager with those sensor implementations. I have 2 hero sensor mice and both experience jitter even at 16000 CPI which leads me to believe that they do not use smoothing at any CPI, or at least not as much as the other sensors, as Logitech promised. I have not tested my 3366 sensor mice at 12000cpi yet so I cannot comment on them yet.

So, as antithesis said, you can use smoothing in higher amounts, lower your polling rate in the xim manager,choose another sync, and/or look into other mice with higher levels of internal smoothing. There is no magic in Off sync and default and common are both great feeling syncs.

Admin