XIM Community

Controllers for XFPS  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Petricore

• View Profile
Controllers for XFPS
« on: 07:33 PM - 01/24/08 »
I am trying to find out if the Joytech or any other brand X controller will work with the xfps ? I cant find a used wired controller that is the old model, what am I to do ?

Offline badbeat

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CANES52
  • PSN ID: KILLMODE954
Re: Controllers for XFPS
« Reply #1 on: 10:02 PM - 01/24/08 »
I bought the $25 joytech controller (wired) from Walmart yesterday and it works with the Xfps... i have a generic keyboard and a G5 mouse (bought today).

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:51 AM - 01/25/08 »
I have a ms controller ending in 007 (cuz im james bond bitches haha) and that worked, even though I was told it would not work.

However, when I ordered everying to build my xim, I went by EB games/gamestop and bought a 24$ controller it was I believe gamestop brand  but that worked fine. I *heard* that Guitar hero controller works too, but since I don't mess with fake guitar playing (I have 4 real guitars 1 acoustic and 3 electric thank you) I cannot validate that claim.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:26 PM - 01/25/08 »
I have a ms controller ending in 007 (cuz im james bond bitches haha) and that worked, even though I was told it would not work.

However, when I ordered everying to build my xim, I went by EB games/gamestop and bought a 24$ controller it was I believe gamestop brand  but that worked fine. I *heard* that Guitar hero controller works too, but since I don't mess with fake guitar playing (I have 4 real guitars 1 acoustic and 3 electric thank you) I cannot validate that claim.

Hey no bashing the GH series, it was a good series still III came out and Hermonix got booted out of the scene, but now RocK BanD is the champion!
I have 2 acoustics too and 1 electric but I still enjoy the game(s); And most of my friends that play "real" instruments like it too. I'm sure if you tried it out you would play it too! The sounds are great and Rock Bands Drum feature gives me something to try out, that's closest to playing a real instrument as you can get on a game (I believe).
żDo You iPwn??
Ohh? Cause I Do!!!

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:03 PM - 01/25/08 »

Hey no bashing the GH series, it was a good series still III came out and Hermonix got booted out of the scene, but now RocK BanD is the champion!
I have 2 acoustics too and 1 electric but I still enjoy the game(s); And most of my friends that play "real" instruments like it too. I'm sure if you tried it out you would play it too! The sounds are great and Rock Bands Drum feature gives me something to try out, that's closest to playing a real instrument as you can get on a game (I believe).

I have played GH 2 and 3 and Rock band, I can do most songs on medium, and some on hard.

Rock band I can do all drum parts on Hard, but expert I have issues with. The guitar parts I can do on medium.

weeeeeeeee

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:38 PM - 01/25/08 »
Having problems on Run to the Hills on hard with the drums. . . . =/
żDo You iPwn??
Ohh? Cause I Do!!!

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #6 on: 11:36 AM - 01/26/08 »
I use the Madcats arcade controller.

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: 12:06 PM - 01/26/08 »
I use MadCatz =]

Offline Petricore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:17 PM - 01/26/08 »
Thanks for all the replies. I'm stoked to get this working, and if the XIM2 comes out with less lag, I will ebay it all up and make a new one :D

Administrator

« Reply #9 on: 01:25 PM - 01/26/08 »
The XIM2 will probably be to complex for anyone to make, you will have to buy it from derektm :)

Administrator

« Reply #10 on: 01:26 PM - 01/26/08 »
Also, i wouldnt wait untill the XIM2 is release.. then no one will want to buy an XFPS anymore, we will try to let everyone know when were going to release the XIM2 so you can get the XFPS peice of junk sold :)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:42 AM - 01/28/08 »
yep ebay is the place to be.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:09 AM - 01/30/08 »
Also, i wouldnt wait untill the XIM2 is release.. then no one will want to buy an XFPS anymore, we will try to let everyone know when were going to release the XIM2 so you can get the XFPS peice of junk sold :)

Please do, I want to try to sell it before word is out. . . Great idea KARMA!
żDo You iPwn??
Ohh? Cause I Do!!!