XIM Community

Corsair K63 not compatible?  (Read 290 times)

Offline Aizenshlon

• View Profile
Corsair K63 not compatible?
« on: 12:33 AM - 03/29/19 »
Hello everyone,

Iíve recently bought a tenkeyless keyboard (Corsair k63) because I didnít have enough mouse space on my rather small desk. Now I love the keyboard but my Xim flashes all different colors and doesnít work with the keyboard. My last keyboard was RGB and it worked fine with it so Iím not sure what exactly the problem is here. Any suggestions on what I can do? Iíve tried to cancel the lighting effect but that only seems to work when I go onto my PC.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Corsair K63 not compatible?
« Reply #1 on: 09:43 AM - 03/29/19 »
Welcome to the community. Is this the wireless version?

Corsair keyboards usually need to enter bios mode before they can be used, some require additional power. To enter bios mode hold the Windows Lock button + F1 for a few seconds after startup.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Aizenshlon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:45 PM - 03/29/19 »
Thank you and it is the wireless version. Is there anything I should know about bios mode? Like something I have to change should I switch back to PC from xim?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:00 PM - 03/29/19 »
There was a specific firmware that you may have had to update to or downgrade to to use this with APEX but I don't recall which version that is.

I recommend updating to our latest beta build which improves APEX hardware compatibility. If you would like to test our latest beta visit the link below. Please read the instructions on the download page. Feedback in the beta section of our forum is appreciated.

https://xim.tech/beta
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos