XIM Community

Looking settings for bo4 sniping  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Looking settings for bo4 sniping
« Reply #15 on: 03:53 PM - 04/16/19 »
how large is your mousepad?
you could achieve the same by using a large mousepad with a slow mouse sensitivity, that is what all the pro players do with the high accuracy

sure you can use a curve but you will not achieve the same accuracy as when reducing your mouse sensitivity
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline jjoao

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04:12 AM - 04/17/19 »
how large is your mousepad?
you could achieve the same by using a large mousepad with a slow mouse sensitivity, that is what all the pro players do with the high accuracy

sure you can use a curve but you will not achieve the same accuracy as when reducing your mouse sensitivity
I have a big one mousepad. I put a curve but I think it's is worse. I found some settings that are good but still are not the best for what I pretend to obtain. I'm about to test the various synchronized and sensitivities of the game to see if I can get the best settings. In principle I will post a video showing the problem that is really affecting.

Offline Scrappy6262

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06:18 PM - 04/17/19 »
Not the knowledgable Od1n, but I have perfected my bo4 settings (in my opinion)

I replied at the start of your thread with my basic settings, atleast I believe it was this one. What issues are you still having in-game? Jitter/skipping? Trouble tracking targets? Trouble getting on target? Hitting the turn-speed limit? If we get a video or good explanation of what is wrong, and what you want to achieve (this is important) we can help you :)

I do see earloer you struggle to stay on target, if this is still happening? Is it trouble staying on target because you are falling behind the enemy? Or is it you are overshooting and aiming ahead of the target? With snipers in Bo4 there's no aim assist... it is completely relaint on your aim and hand movements.

Offline jjoao

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05:33 PM - 04/21/19 »
Not the knowledgable Od1n, but I have perfected my bo4 settings (in my opinion)

I replied at the start of your thread with my basic settings, atleast I believe it was this one. What issues are you still having in-game? Jitter/skipping? Trouble tracking targets? Trouble getting on target? Hitting the turn-speed limit? If we get a video or good explanation of what is wrong, and what you want to achieve (this is important) we can help you :)

I do see earloer you struggle to stay on target, if this is still happening? Is it trouble staying on target because you are falling behind the enemy? Or is it you are overshooting and aiming ahead of the target? With snipers in Bo4 there's no aim assist... it is completely relaint on your aim and hand movements.
My problems are:

1-Hitting the turn-speed limit?

2- I stay majority of sometimes overshooting and aiming ahead of the target but almost always I'm ahead of the target.

I already tried to decrease and increase sensitivity but so far not helped me in nothing. I tested also decrease and increase the dpi but did not see difference.Your settings did not help in nothing.
« Last Edit: 05:46 PM - 04/21/19 by jjoao »

Offline Scrappy6262

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06:30 PM - 04/21/19 »
Based on what you've said, it sounds like you just need to practice with the Xim. If you have tried everything and still are not doing what you expect to do your expectations are too high, or you need practice.

Though I will say It isn't like PC where you can use really fast turn speeds in many games, as for overshooting your targets I think either muscle memory needs to be built with the sensitivity you use currently. Or, you could try to see if a different sensitivity lets you stay on target even slightly better, then quit changing stuff and practice. Bottom line is, practice or muscle memory will beat all other reccomendations once your settings are decent. Tracking with a sniper in Bo4 is something that settings won't help after your sensitivity is comfortable, as there is no aim assist. If messing with anything that can change the 1:1 ratio it will greatly reduce sniper accuracy as no aim assist is helping you.

The other thing I can think of is hardware issues, is everything working properly? Is your mouse sufficient for Xim usage?
« Last Edit: 06:34 PM - 04/21/19 by Scrappy6262 »

Offline Dasmianor

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:45 AM - 04/22/19 »
Has a lot of knowledge has come to your site to tell all to understand more.

Offline jjoao

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05:01 PM - 04/22/19 »
Based on what you've said, it sounds like you just need to practice with the Xim. If you have tried everything and still are not doing what you expect to do your expectations are too high, or you need practice.

Though I will say It isn't like PC where you can use really fast turn speeds in many games, as for overshooting your targets I think either muscle memory needs to be built with the sensitivity you use currently. Or, you could try to see if a different sensitivity lets you stay on target even slightly better, then quit changing stuff and practice. Bottom line is, practice or muscle memory will beat all other reccomendations once your settings are decent. Tracking with a sniper in Bo4 is something that settings won't help after your sensitivity is comfortable, as there is no aim assist. If messing with anything that can change the 1:1 ratio it will greatly reduce sniper accuracy as no aim assist is helping you.

The other thing I can think of is hardware issues, is everything working properly? Is your mouse sufficient for Xim usage?
I do not have any hardware problems. I'm almost getting the desired settings but I still have to work a bit more to see if I can get the exact settings.

Has a lot of knowledge has come to your site to tell all to understand more.

What do you want to know that I do not understand?