XIM Community

Metro Exodus now has M&K support on XBone  (Read 1091 times)

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Metro Exodus now has M&K support on XBone
« on: 11:07 AM - 03/26/19 »
For those of you that play the game with a XIM, and have downloaded the patch, how does it feel with native mouse and keyboard?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: cousinnicholas
  • PSN ID: dntwrryimlucky
Re: Metro Exodus now has M&K support on XBone
« Reply #1 on: 06:09 AM - 03/27/19 »
I had a chance to try this yesterday night.  Very nice to have native input, but the experience falls short due to Metro's low frame rates on the Xbox one x.  I think if this was a title that had a 1080p 60fps mode, it would work great.  Don't get me wrong, it definitely feels more snappy than using the xim because you can do full 360 degree rotations without issue, it just doesn't feel as smooth as it could due to low fps.

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:12 AM - 03/27/19 »
I do hope they release native support for other games.  Halo MCC comes to mind as a favorite for this, especially if they allow for crossplay with pc.  Also, the higher frame rates on a game like MCC would make native MK feel right at home.  Was watching some Halo Online gameplay last night to get an idea of what native MK would feel like in Halo 3, and it looks glorious.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:25 AM - 03/27/19 »
I had a chance to try this yesterday night.  Very nice to have native input, but the experience falls short due to Metro's low frame rates on the Xbox one x.  I think if this was a title that had a 1080p 60fps mode, it would work great.  Don't get me wrong, it definitely feels more snappy than using the xim because you can do full 360 degree rotations without issue, it just doesn't feel as smooth as it could due to low fps.
Thanks for your response.
I'm keen to learn how well native M&K support is implemented on the newer console games. Is Exodus capped at 30 fps on the One X?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:55 PM - 03/27/19 »
It is unfortunately.  I don't think this was lazy MK implementation either.  You can even customize key bindings.  I think it's just the frame rates that throw it off.  It is still better than xim translation regardless since you can do multiple turns in one swift mouse movement.  I only tried this yesterday because I didn't realize native MK was released and figured since nobody else answered that I would try it out and get back to you.   Give it a try and see what you think.  I'd be interested to hear your opinion.

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:58 PM - 03/27/19 »
I noticed metro is a sluggish title anyway with xim due to the constraints they put on controller input.  Even max sensitivity still feels very slow with a controller.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:36 PM - 03/27/19 »
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to wait for the inevitable next gen re-release of this game to play it at 60 fps but this has me interested enough that if it drops to $30 soon I'll probably get it.

I wonder if playing at 120 hz would help. Another topic mentioned that playing games especially with vsync at 120hz makes the input lag much better.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:06 AM - 03/28/19 »
Give it a try and see what you think.  I'd be interested to hear your opinion.
I don't have an XBox, or even Exodus, so I can't try it for myself, but I'm interested enough in playing with a K&M connected directly to the console that I may buy one if enough games play better with native support rather than via the Apex.

Where's HL3?

Admin