XIM Community

Does xim have a disadvantage over controller?  (Read 432 times)

Offline Mathdebeast

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: NormiesQC
Does xim have a disadvantage over controller?
« on: 10:05 PM - 03/23/19 »
Does xim users have a disandvantage over controller player ?

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Does xim have a disadvantage over controller?
« Reply #1 on: 11:57 PM - 03/23/19 »
XIM users have an advantage over controller users. Ever since I started using XIM my accuracy has gone up by 10% and sometimes 20%. XIM doesnt turn an average player into a Pro but it certainly gives you a significant aim advantage over the padders

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy (Smurf Account)
« Reply #2 on: 08:00 AM - 03/24/19 »
Id say they have very minor advantages like being able to do multiple 360s, but not really anything.

I will say that I can do button combos on my controller much more comfortably than a keyboard so theres that.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:42 AM - 03/24/19 »
Id say it really depends on the game and the players playstyle.
| Apex ~ Glorious Model O- ~ Azeron Compact ~ X-Raypad THOR ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:51 AM - 03/24/19 »
Yes, turning.

Doing it with a controller is a lot easier and the aim assist catches you when snap on targets.

On XIM for turning faster, you need to teach yourself to swipe the mouse slow to medium consistent speed.

And that's bigger difference with true PC native mouse input, on there you can throw the mouse as fast as you can to turn faster, and be able to snap on targets and doing flick shoots without turning limitations or aim assist in your way.

People (crybabies) who ignore how XIM mouse on console works, they assume we have that performance described above a true PC mouse input, but is not like that.

However, when it comes to aiming/tracking anything in your Field of View... you have an advantage over stick users because you can aim and track faster and more precisely. Turning is something that you learn to ride it, and can be mastered.

I used to play vs other XIM players (friendly competition) on a very fast phase game, my go to technique to beat them was jumping over and behind them, I could see how some of them really struggle to keep up, when they tried on me, I can turn because I now how to turn fast with XIM and had my emergency turn assist button just in case XD.