XIM Community

Stadia - looks like the real s*  (Read 708 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Stadia - looks like the real s*
« on: 11:38 PM - 03/23/19 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeFnQrgtZ9k

They do solve a couple of big things here. 60fps 1080p on any hardware, no multiplayer lag, instaplay. Sounds great but what about that wifi controller connected directly to the game on some server? That will lag like hell or to be exact 20 to 400ms depending on how far you are from the game. I can imagine this working if you only play regionally only within you country or state, but I can not imagine it working perfectly. Screen display will also lag behind the same amount + the screen inputlag.

Obsiv any chance you can make this M+K? Sounds like a new device like XIM-S
« Last Edit: 12:53 AM - 03/24/19 by roads »
Crusade atm: none

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Stadia - looks like the real s*
« Reply #1 on: 01:06 PM - 03/24/19 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqG3qdi8NXo

Looks pretty terrible in comparison shots and Google set it up to be the best case scenario. There's a reason why every time some streaming service is introduced it's met with complete indifference.

The only group of people this can possibly target is those who are absolutely unaware of what a Playstation or Xbox are never mind input latency. This is the kind of thing that a mom gets their kid when he asks for an Xbox One X but she looks at the price and thinks, "it's a gaming console what's the difference." and then gets her kid the Stadia only to be resented for the rest of her life.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:24 PM - 03/24/19 »
Ya dont think it will work either but at least another try. Ill make some popcorn and watch this passing by.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:27 PM - 03/24/19 »
I heard 5G will have latencies of just a few milliseconds, with that i could see this being viable
right now i dont think the majority of gamers has the required connection to enjoy the experience, especially if the 20 per month (240 per year) rumours are true
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central