XIM Community

Xim has been around since 2010 and back? What in the world O.o  (Read 988 times)

Offline SweatyPapi

• PSN: SweatPapi , XBL: Ceg , Twitter:SweatyPapi
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ceg
  • PSN ID: SweatPapi
Took a brief time looking back at Xim's older post. Didn't know xim has been in the making that long xD. I feel young. Thought it was a recent phenomena with the Xim3, Xim4, and Apex. Great Job and keep up the good work guys! There is so much problems that we don't have to worry about.

No wonder this thing works so dam well lmao
PSN: SweatPapi , XBL: Tey or Ceg , Twitter: SweatyPapi (best way to reach me) , Youtube: SweatPapi

Offline SweatyPapi

• View Profile
Reading a post regarding Xim3's configuration and settings change method using your controller and XIM3 LCD in it's next update. I am here thinking "Bro, just do it on your smart phone 8) ". 2010 Problems  ;D ;D :)
PSN: SweatPapi , XBL: Tey or Ceg , Twitter: SweatyPapi (best way to reach me) , Youtube: SweatPapi

Offline Edawsiwel

• Teacher
    • View Profile
You must give the Edge a try.
No onboard screen. Ya plugged it into your pc or went by feeling using the controller for adjustments
TEACHER

Itís a poor craftsman who blames his tools

A lion will never tell you he is a lion

It takes all sorts to make a world

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I bought XIM3 in either in 2011 or 2012 for the xbox 360. Without it I would probably not be playing games. i hate PC online games due to people wall hacking and aim botting everwhere, everyone is an MLG sweat, its just terrible + the significantly smaller playerbase in the games I actually like.

I still have a steam account with many games on it but I only play campaigns and single player on PC, it is much much better than console if you have a beast pc

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Reading a post regarding Xim3's configuration and settings change method using your controller and XIM3 LCD in it's next update. I am here thinking "Bro, just do it on your smart phone 8) ". 2010 Problems  ;D ;D :)
I've been an m/kb gamer dating back to Commodore Amiga in the 80s before graduating to Windows 3.1 and MS-DOS in the early 90s. I love PC gaming, but like lolpop, I grew tired of the hackers and the constant battle between hardware upgrades and software drivers, so dropped PC gaming altogether for simple console plug-and-play on PS3 in 2007.

Unreal Tournament III launched with native m/kb support and PS3 was near enough graphically to PC to be good enough, so I thought it was a reasonably safe move. Sadly, few games supported native m/kb and the missing piece for me was an m/kb adapter that I could use in any shooter.

I bought XIM 3 in 2010, even though PS3 was an unsupported platform. Plugged it into a 360 to PS3 controller converter and it worked a treat. Some of the translators were off on PS3 and no PS3 configs existed, but XIM was tweakable and much more usable than a controller in my hands, so I made it work.

Up to that point I'd be on the hunt for a decent m/kb adapter for 3 years. I bought everything on the market and they all disappointed. XIM 3 completely changed that and I've been a zealot ever since. I can 100% guarantee that if not for XIM, I wouldn't be a console gamer.
« Last Edit: 10:25 PM - 03/23/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
I got my Xim 2 around April of 2008. Been here for more than 11 years now. Will stay until either OBsIV or I die.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I got my Xim 2 around April of 2008. Been here for more than 11 years now. Will stay until either OBsIV or I die.

:D I hope that's for for a long time!

I go look around at it all too and it's really been an incredible experience -- you can see it just in the product's evolution. How you build from what you know, learn, succeed (and fail), and apply all of that in the next version.

I don't know if I have ever shown this, but, this is one of the first prototypes I built. I keep it around to remember where this all started.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
The thing that makes it especially great is that the community is *intractable* from the product. A lot of what made Xim what it is today came from the engagement of and with the community.

*derp, I meant inseparable.
« Last Edit: 01:12 AM - 03/26/19 by Phil Ashio »
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
when i ordered my first xim pretty much 10 years ago, a xbox 360 controller modification (xim360) , there was a small post-it sized notification in there which said "enjoy your xim :)"
that was the point where i knew this company is different than all the other ones and actually cares about the customers and their product experience ;)
totally different to the adapter i bought prior to that, a xcm xfps 3.0 sniper plus...
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
when i ordered my first xim pretty much 10 years ago, a xbox 360 controller modification (xim360) , there was a small post-it sized notification in there which said "enjoy your xim :) "
that was the point where i knew this company is different than all the other ones and actually cares about the customers and their product experience ;)
totally different to the adapter i bought prior to that, a xcm xfps 3.0 sniper plus...
XFPS was my first m/kb adapter too :) I still have it...I think. I tossed the Splitfish wired and wireless adapters, they were terribad.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline SweatyPapi

• View Profile
when i ordered my first xim pretty much 10 years ago, a xbox 360 controller modification (xim360) , there was a small post-it sized notification in there which said "enjoy your xim :) "
XFPS was my first m/kb adapter too :) I still have it...I think. I tossed the Splitfish wired and wireless adapters, they were terribad.

How much of a advancement have we made compared to the old old adapters? How would you say it is vs the Cronus and Titan adapters for M/KB?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

How much of a advancement have we made compared to the old old adapters? How would you say it is vs the Cronus and Titan adapters for M/KB?

I actually got a headache from using it in Halo 3, it was really bad. The adapter had two physical sliders with which you adjusted its performance and mouse sensitivity, that was pretty much it lol. I think i returned it just a few days later, made some actual research and found out about the xim2 shortly afterwards.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIM2 changed console gaming for me. I was relentless on mw2. Hooking up to a pc to have m/kb capability was worth it. Still have it somewhere.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
I bought an Xbox in 2002 but couldn't get on with the controller. Compared to mouse and keyboard, it felt clunky and awkward, so I sold the Xbox after a couple of months and went back to PC.

I bought an Xbox 360 in 2007 to play Modern Warfare with my mates, but again, I was still awful with a controller. It just felt so uncomfortable using my thumbs to move and aim, but I gave it a really good go. I tried for six months before selling the console again.

If I'd known about the XIM in those early days, I'm sure that I'd still be an Xbox player to this day. But I didn't find out about it until a friend gifted me a XIM 4 so that I could play CoD with him. So I bought a PS4, plugged in the XIM and... the rest is history.  :)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
I thought you were around longer than that. That's cool of your friend to get you a Xim.