XIM Community

ADS 0.75 in Black Ops 4= Aimbot  (Read 8167 times)

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
Re: ADS 0.75 in Black Ops 4= Aimbot
« Reply #30 on: 01:42 PM - 12/16/20 »
this just referring to lowering the in game sensitivity in games?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02:48 PM - 12/16/20 »

They're talking about with the last 3 COD's you can lower the ADS sensitivity multiplier. This separates Hip and ADS sensitivity in game.

Honestly though, this all looks, smells and feels like placebo though. You can create the same effect by simply lowering you XIM ADS sensitivity.

The best thing for AA maneuverability with the last two COD's is Linear type curve IMO. 

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03:23 PM - 12/16/20 »
This with 0.75 ADS, 12k DPI, sync common, and standard HIP and ADS translators for hip and ads respectively? And have you tried the ADS AA booster that was put on the xim youtube channel a few months back?

Exactly that.

Did try that yeah, ended up getting pushed outside of the hitbox during the transition at times so I didn't rate it.

Offline spin1490

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04:26 PM - 12/16/20 »
This with 0.75 ADS, 12k DPI, sync common, and standard HIP and ADS translators for hip and ads respectively? And have you tried the ADS AA booster that was put on the xim youtube channel a few months back?

Exactly that.

Did try that yeah, ended up getting pushed outside of the hitbox during the transition at times so I didn't rate it.

Curious, did you compensate for the lower in-game ADS sense by raising your XIM sense by 25%, or did you just keep your XIM sense at what it was before and adapt to the lower overall sense?

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07:15 PM - 12/16/20 »
Curious, did you compensate for the lower in-game ADS sense by raising your XIM sense by 25%, or did you just keep your XIM sense at what it was before and adapt to the lower overall sense?

I did initially but then I measured the cm/360 on both and they were a bit different still, so it in theory should be lowered by 25% exactly but I don't think 75% is an entirely accurate number. Can't remember if it was higher or lower now so I'd advise doing what I did and just tweaking until the cm/360 matches your old sensitivity and then go from there once you feel how it interacts with the aim assist.

What I'll say also is I could definitely get away with a lower cm/360 running 250hz+common sync than I could on 1000hz+sync off without the AA being too sticky, people have this theory that sync off and higher polling = less aim assist but I find the AA bubble so much easier to work with on 250hz+common. Also don't need any smoothing whatsoever with 250hz, in fact adding any smoothing makes it feel sluggish.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #35 on: 08:41 PM - 12/16/20 »

They're talking about with the last 3 COD's you can lower the ADS sensitivity multiplier. This separates Hip and ADS sensitivity in game.

Honestly though, this all looks, smells and feels like placebo though. You can create the same effect by simply lowering you XIM ADS sensitivity.

The best thing for AA maneuverability with the last two COD's is Linear type curve IMO.
Adjusting in-game sensitivity has a greater effect on AA than adjusting XIM sensitivity. It makes sense that the lower in-game sens, the higher the AA (the "noob factor"). Try it, you'll see.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05:44 PM - 12/17/20 »

Adjusting in-game sensitivity has a greater effect on AA than adjusting XIM sensitivity. It makes sense that the lower in-game sens, the higher the AA (the "noob factor"). Try it, you'll see.

I did and I couldn’t tell the difference. .75 and Xim Ads sensitivity lowered by 25% felt the same to me... too sticky. Lol

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07:09 PM - 12/17/20 »
I did and I couldn’t tell the difference. .75 and Xim Ads sensitivity lowered by 25% felt the same to me... too sticky. Lol

The idea is to change the in-game to 0.75x and then raise your XIM sensitivity to match the previous ADS cm/360. I've switched back and forth a LOT, trying 1x for a while, 0.5x for a while and 0.75x, there are IMO notably different interactions with the aim assist and improved tracking assistance with the lower numbers. With 0.5x it feels even better but the turn speed cap is too low for my liking.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #38 on: 08:28 PM - 12/17/20 »
^ That's my experience too. That said, more AA isn't necessarily a good thing, especially in CoD games :)

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08:49 AM - 12/18/20 »
^ That's my experience too. That said, more AA isn't necessarily a good thing, especially in CoD games :)

Yeah, if it made the AA bubble feel more sticky or janky with the same cm/360 I'd stay away, but IMO it actually makes the AA bubble more workable while providing more tracking assistance. Win-win 👌
I'd also recommend to anyone reading, as SweatyPapi has suggested, try out 12k DPI, 250hz with common sync. Strong as hell aim assist yet the bubble is very workable. I'd say even more workable than 1000hz sync off. No smoothing required which I think is what helps the AA interaction, your mouse movements just feel so clean and direct.
« Last Edit: 09:16 PM - 12/19/20 by ZOMBIES! »

Offline MaddinFwsc

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maddin2001
« Reply #40 on: 11:21 AM - 12/20/20 »
huhu can you post your configuration codes

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #41 on: 02:35 PM - 12/20/20 »

I can't vouch for Cold War specifically, but I do know that the original Infinity Ward (now Respawn) has always made their AA values decrease with increasing controller sensitivity. I've unpacked the actual files from Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Modern Warfare 2 and 3, and it was always the same basic concept. As sensitivity increases, the base aim assist values are decreased. If they didn't do this, then everyone would run max sensitivity with controllers and it would essentially feel like an aimbot.

I experimented with those values and repacked the files for offline testing (going online would get insta-ban for file checks). And it made a lot more sense why they do it.

TL;DR= it's common practice by COD developers to lower aim assist values as sensitivity goes up, for sake of balance.

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11:52 AM - 12/23/20 »
I can't vouch for Cold War specifically, but I do know that the original Infinity Ward (now Respawn) has always made their AA values decrease with increasing controller sensitivity. I've unpacked the actual files from Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Modern Warfare 2 and 3, and it was always the same basic concept. As sensitivity increases, the base aim assist values are decreased. If they didn't do this, then everyone would run max sensitivity with controllers and it would essentially feel like an aimbot.

I experimented with those values and repacked the files for offline testing (going online would get insta-ban for file checks). And it made a lot more sense why they do it.

TL;DR= it's common practice by COD developers to lower aim assist values as sensitivity goes up, for sake of balance.

Does this apply to the tracking assistance as well as the slow down when you looked into it? Be nice to have a confirmation of that as it's pretty much what we're looking for, a few of us have said in here that we notice it but yeah. It'd make sense for a higher sensitivity to have less slowdown anyway if it works off of some kind of multiplier like slowing your aim down by 50% when in the bubble for example.