XIM Community

steady aim problem on RDR2  (Read 188 times)

Offline ORI0749

• View Profile
steady aim problem on RDR2
« on: 10:13 PM - 03/21/19 »
From what i checked when i set the Hip's Steady Aim values, it affected the ADS's Steady Aim too! (even though the ADS's Steady Aim value is set to 0)
in RDR2 it's fine on the gameplay, but on other games i think it can be a problem.
Or maybe that's how it suppose to be... i don't know

Edit:
I just notice that the effect on the ADS's Steady Aim I mentioned, is slowing down the movement of the Aim in dead eye state a bit.

But all of that can be in my imagination. So check yourself and decide
« Last Edit: 10:33 PM - 03/21/19 by ORI0749 »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: steady aim problem on RDR2
« Reply #1 on: 12:02 AM - 03/22/19 »
You don't need steady aim for RDR2.

Lower the Aim Assist Strength option in-game Settings, you will have the auto-aim lock on and it will be easier to move inside. No need of SA.

Also remember to use a ADS Deactivation delay to avoid slowdown, when getting back to HIP.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - Tt Esports Ventus Z - Zowie G-SR

Offline ORI0749

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:02 AM - 03/22/19 »
You don't need steady aim for RDR2.

Lower the Aim Assist Strength option in-game Settings, you will have the auto-aim lock on and it will be easier to move inside. No need of SA.

Also remember to use a ADS Deactivation delay to avoid slowdown, when getting back to HIP.

I disabled Aim Assist. and my setup on both in game and XIm is fine. but the Steady Aim is giving less lightly movment even though the change is small. And in Aim down site, when you are aiming at a distance, it gives you more ability to move accurately and horizontally with less displacement speed. (that's what i feel)

It mean's, in general, I feel that it is stabilizing the player movements more and brings the whole experience closer to a PC control experience

sorry for my bad english
« Last Edit: 01:09 AM - 03/22/19 by ORI0749 »

Offline Scrappy6262

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ximplicities
« Reply #3 on: 07:40 PM - 04/17/19 »
I highly reccomend watching Od1n's tutorial on steady aim if you have not already, it quantises (quantizes?) Your mouse movements and speed, it will make more senae after watching the tutorial. Alanmcgregor is correct in saying you don't need steady aim, it will if anything make your movements less precise depending on the level of steady aim you use. For a good example of what it does on a small scale without watching Od1n's tutorial is to put the steady aim to 10-15 and try aiming... then go back to whatever is good for you... or 0, it is worth trying atleast.