XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20190320] [Manager 20190315] (**LATEST**)  (Read 14873 times)

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile
W and S both work in the pubg menu with SAB at 1, but SAB at 0, no it will keep pressing by itself once another key is pressed.

I used my controller to sign in and go over to settings and then try using W or S key, it doesnít work until another key is pressed. Itís also happened in games if I get up and leave for a few minutes and come back the W and S key does not work.

Are you on Xbox? Can you please do me a favor and plug your XIM with everything into your PC (you may need to reduce response rate to 125Hz if your controller doesn't initialize) and load up the USB Game Controllers control panel applet which visualizes the current stick and buttons? Then try pressing W and see if the stick is actually showing as stuck in the visualization?

I think this is what you mean? Turn the volume up.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwSdMe_BCYK/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=nddujsv7m7j7

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwSdMe_BCYK/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=nddujsv7m7j7

Yes! Thank you for trying this! So, I think I'm hearing the proper stick response to the keys clicking on your keyboard? Or am I misinterpreting it?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile

Yes! Thank you for trying this! So, I think I'm hearing the proper stick response to the keys clicking on your keyboard? Or am I misinterpreting it?

That is me just hitting W and S, Iím not holding them or anything and it doesnít show it being held down on the XIM manager

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
So this is only W and S, not A or D ever?

Also, do you have any advanced settings set (like SAB or anything else)?

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile
So this is only W and S, not A or D ever?

Also, do you have any advanced settings set (like SAB or anything else)?

I hit a and d too.
No I made a completely new config when I did this. No SAB

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok, thanks. What I'm seeing is if you press W and S, you are getting the stick to move up and down. And, when you press A and D, it goes left and right. If so, this would mean that your XIM is outputting the correct values for the left stick. Is this what you are seeing?

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile
Ok, thanks. What I'm seeing is if you press W and S, you are getting the stick to move up and down. And, when you press A and D, it goes left and right. If so, this would mean that your XIM is outputting the correct values for the left stick. Is this what you are seeing?

Yes, to me everything looks normal. I even tried the controller dpad and left stick and everything was normal. I also have a keyboard with a joystick, I also tried that as the movement and it didnít stick.

Whenever I open pubg. I pick my controller up and I sign in and I go to settings with the controller and then I go to my keyboard and the W and S key will not work, if I press any other key it will press W and S by it self.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
If this doesn't happen in other games like CoD, BF, Ovewatch, etc, then, I can't see how this isn't a bug in their game.

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile
If this doesn't happen in other games like CoD, BF, Ovewatch, etc, then, I can't see how this isn't a bug in their game.

Tbh, I only play pubg on xbox. Iíve actually been on PC for a while now. But I did reset my xim to the 501 firmware and it didnít have this issue.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
That's because SAB is on in 20180501. With latest Beta it's off but you can now adjust it's strength. It being off is exposing a bug in PUBG

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile
That's because SAB is on in 20180501. With latest Beta it's off but you can now adjust it's strength. It being off is exposing a bug in PUBG

Oh, okay. Iíve heard from other XIMers it happens in fortnite as well. Maybe they possibly have the same bug?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes, I know it doesn't sound probable, but, with your help we've verified you can't reproduce the problem outside of PUBG. You mentioned navigating menus in PUBG reproduces the problem. I'm curious if you could try one more thing -- when it happens, can you quickly jump to the Xbox guide menu and see if it happens in there while you still have PUBG loaded?

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile
Yes, I know it doesn't sound probable, but, with your help we've verified you can't reproduce the problem outside of PUBG. You mentioned navigating menus in PUBG reproduces the problem. I'm curious if you could try one more thing -- when it happens, can you quickly jump to the Xbox guide menu and see if it happens in there while you still have PUBG loaded?

It works on the xbox but I can still go back to pubg and w or s still doesnít work, Iíve done it multiple times

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok so when you are in PUBG and you press Guide to get the quick menu everything is fine in that?

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile
Ok so when you are in PUBG and you press Guide to get the quick menu everything is fine in that?

Yes, but when I go back then w and s do not work