XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20190320] [Manager 20190315]  (Read 40144 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
This Beta build is no longer valid, please upgrade to latest.

Changes since the last Beta: Hardware compatibility improvements have been made designed to fix issues with both non-functional and partially working mice and keyboards. Joycon stick deadzone issues have also been fixed. Firmware has been updated to fix reported mouse sensitivity issues. Please let us know if you have any issues with your devices.

IMPORTANT: This Beta requires you use both the firmware and Manager versions here in order to access all features. Please use the links below.

This is a BETA firmware build that, based on community request, brings in the Boost setting and Steady Aim experimental test feature from XIM4. It also includes a new feature for keyboard users: Simulate Analog Behavior. These are advanced features that should be used with caution as they can negatively affect aiming performance if not used correctly. This build also includes a new subconfig Deactivation Delay feature for games that require it and Customizable Walk Speed for keyboard movement.

● Steady Aim: Unlike Smoothing which produces uniform mouse stabilization, Steady Aim forcibly restricts mouse movement into discrete values. Higher values produce a stronger effect. Located under Aim expert settings.

● Boost: Boost artificially inflates the game's aiming stick dead zone. Be advised that values too large will significantly degrade micro-aiming performance. Located under Mouse expert settings.

● Simulate Analog Behavior: For keyboard users, outputs controller values similar to that of the gamer using a thumbstick. Higher values produce a stronger effect. Located under Movement expert settings.

● Deactivation Delay: Similar to a subconfig's (such as ADS) Activation delay, a Deactivation delay waits for the specified time before it's longer active. Located under each subconfig's Activation settings.

● Deactivation Priority: Prior to this change, when a subconfig is no longer active, return to Hip settings occurs. Now, if there is a subconfig between the active and Hip that is currently activated, it is selected (rather than Hip).

● Customizable Walk Speed: When using a keyboard for movement a walk modifier can be applied to slow movement. This change allows the walk speed to be customized. Located under Movement expert settings.

XIM APEX Firmware

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20190320 for PC
Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x86/x64

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20190320 for Mac
macOS 10.11 or higher

Flash Upgrade Instructions (instructional video):
1. Hold down the button on your XIM APEX
2. Plug your XIM APEX into your computer while continuing to hold the button
3. Wait for your XIM APEX's light to display blue and then release the button
4. Download and run the XIMAPEXFlash tool
5. Select Update Firmware
6. Disconnect your XIM APEX from your computer after the tool completes

XIM APEX Manager

Download XIM APEX Manager 20190315 for iOS (← Join our TestFlight by clicking the link from your iOS device)
iOS 11 or higher

Download XIM APEX Manager 20190315 for Android (Direct APK download, instructions)
Android 4.4 or higher

Download XIM APEX Manager 20190315 for PC
Windows 10/8.1/8 x86/x64
« Last Edit: 10:32 PM - 04/30/19 by OBsIV »
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline fourboatz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: fourboatz
Hi OBsIV,

Will this new firmware solve the issues that i had been having with the mouse cursor?

In my last post from the other thread, i had mentioned that another user playlogitech had experienced the exact issue that i had when using 20190217.

Would appreciate your reply.

Offline fourboatz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: fourboatz
Hi OBsIV,

I've tried to catch the problem again, but this time i ran the log function.

I'm not sure if these are helpful to understand the issue that i am facing:

Video:
https://app.box.com/s/qx5sen0gc4g0tc1dx89jv78kljcbwow5

Log:
https://app.box.com/s/f29b2vahaebz7e348z8y9hxae1ieae51

From the video above, towards the end, you can see that my aim cursor moved erratically in a circular fashion again.

I stopped the log capture at the point when i had experienced this issue.

Offline dddrumzzz

• View Profile
This worked great!  thanks for the top-notch support man!

Offline shthappensbro

• View Profile
Hi OBsIV,

Will this new firmware solve the issues that i had been having with the mouse cursor?

In my last post from the other thread, i had mentioned that another user playlogitech had experienced the exact issue that i had when using 20190217.

Yes it says in the box it fixes the cursor problems. Try to update and see if it still exists. If it does report back.

Offline Algimantas87

• If you can't beat them,†join them.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NO_F3AR_MnK_HERE
Not sure if I had sensitivity problems with last update, but this update feels really good.
Xim Apex
Platform:PS4
Mouse:Logitech G305 + G Pro Wireless
Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2
Mouse pad: Cooler Master  MP510 Gaming Surface - XL
Headphone: Steelseries arctis pro + gamedac
Monitor:Acer GF276Abmipx 27 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Hi OBsIV,

No, this is about the issue with the last Beta where sensitivity was cut in half. It fixes that. Concerning this problem you are having, are you having it with multiple mice? Also, I looked at your log and it was perfect. No timing issues. Also can you change the polling rate of your mouse and XIM to 125Hz and see if it changes any behavior?

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
So I have a strange issue in my config on pubg. I setup a loot config where I have right stick movement set to none for up down left and right and then I set the sensitivity to zero.  By doing this I was under the impression that right stick movement cannot move at all.  I did this because moving the mouse would move you through your menus and I prefer to bind buttons to the dpad to move through the menus. The problem is sometimes when entering the loot config its like the right stick is pegged down and it would just shoot downward through my items list.  Only way to fix this is to hit the physical right stick on controller or bind a button to the up and down movement on the right stick.  When having a button bound to the up and down movement it hasnít happen but ill let you know if it does and try to capture it.  Is there another way to completely disable the right stick in a particular config so it will not do this?  Ive tested from 0 delay to 150 delay as well making sure that wasnít the issue.

I think there needs to be an option to reset the analog stick to center upon loading config. But the strange thing is when I try to reproduce the issue ill hold the right stick down and enter the loot config but it doesnít do it, It seems to be completely random and a glitch.   

Havent tested with this new beta but will be testing now. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
BlessUp, are you using SAB? Does changing SAB affect this behavior at all?

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
still doing it in this beta as well.  I can record a clip of it on my phone if you want.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
I tried both ways with it set to zero, 1, and 5.     Right now I have sab off on this beta do you want me to try  setting a value. 

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
Here's a copy of my config but with loot config up and down bound to mouse wheel scroll up and down so I can scroll my wheel to fix the cycling down issue and move up and down through menus with scroll wheel.

>>> XIM APEX [PUBG 12k Off Test] START COPY >>>
X5C:AAAAGgA1AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEAOQAwADMAMQA1AAAAIgBQAFUAQgBHACAAMQAyAGsAIABPAGYAZgAgAFQAZQBzAHQAAAEBAQAAAAAAAAAGAEgAaQBwAQAAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAG1gAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIAZACWAMgA+gEsAV4BkAHCAfQCJgJYAooCvALuAyADUgOEA7YD6AQaBEwEfgSwBOIFFAVGBXgFqgXcBg4GQAZyBqQG1gcIBzoHbAeeB9AIAgg0CGYImAjKCPwJLglgCZIJxBjBGAQYIBiQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAgQFAAAdTB1MFBRAAUACYQF8AkAQQAhlEHwBYiBjgKAEoAhABGECZQRlCGUCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGoEagJpgGoBZQEAAAAAAAAAAAAcAEEAaQBtACAARABvAHcAbgAgAFMAaQBnAGgAdAEAQAIAADIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAu4AGQAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAyAGQAlgDIAPoBLAFeAZABwgH0AiYCWAKKArwC7gMgA1IDhAO2A+gEGgRMBH4EsATiBRQFRgV4BaoF3AYOBkAGcgakBtYHCAc6B2wHngfQCAIINAhmCJgIygj8CS4JYAmSCcQYwRgEGCAYkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAQIEBQAAHUwdTBQUQAFAAmEBYhBAEEAIZRB8AWIgY4CgBKAIQARhAmUEZQhlAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHwCAAAAAAAAAAAAAGNAAAAAAGUBAAAAAAAAAAAAIgBPAHYAZQByACAAcwBoAG8AdQBsAGQAZQByACAAQQBpAG0BAEAIAAAyAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOEABkAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAMgBkAJYAyAD6ASwBXgGQAcIB9AImAlgCigK8Au4DIANSA4QDtgPoBBoETAR+BLAE4gUUBUYFeAWqBdwGDgZABnIGpAbWBwgHOgdsB54H0AgCCDQIZgiYCMoI/AkuCWAJkgnEGMEYBBggGJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMgAAAAECBAUAAB1MHUwUFEABQAJhAWIQQBBACGUQfAFiIGOAoASgCEAEYQJlBGUIZQIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAagRjQAAAAABlAQAAAAAAAAAAABIASQBuAHYAZQBuAHQAbwByAHkBAGUEAQAyAHwBZQgAAAAAAAAAAABkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMgBkAJYAyAD6ASwBXgGQAcIB9AImAlgCigK8Au4DIANSA4QDtgPoBBoETAR+BLAE4gUUBUYFeAWqBdwGDgZABnIGpAbWBwgHOgdsB54H0AgCCDQIZgiYCMoI/AkuCWAJkgnEGMEYBBggGJAoAQAAAAAoAgAAAAAGQAAAAECBAUAAB1MHUwUFAAAAABhAXwCQAhAEGUQfAFiIGOAagRqAkACQAEAAGUIZQIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAwAIABUAGEAdQBuAHQAAGcEAQAAAEABQAIAAAAAAAAu4ABkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACgAAAMgBkAJYAyAD6ASwBXgGQAcIB9AImAlgCigK8Au4DIANSA4QDtgPoBBoETAR+BLAE4gUUBUYFeAWqBdwGDgZABnIGpAbWBwgHOgdsB54H0AgCCDQIZgiYCMoI/AkuCWAJkgnEGMEYBBggGJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGQAAAAECBAUAAB1MHUwUFEABQAJhAXwCQBBACGUQfAFiIGOAoASgCEAEYQJACGUIZQIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAagRqAgAAAABlAQAAAAAAAAAAABYAQQB1AHgAaQBsAGkAYQByAHkAIAA0AAEAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAABdwAZAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIAZACWAMgA+gEsAV4BkAHCAfQCJgJYAooCvALuAyADUgOEA7YD6AQaBEwEfgSwBOIFFAVGBXgFqgXcBg4GQAZyBqQG1gcIBzoHbAeeB9AIAgg0CGYImAjKCPwJLglgCZIJxBjBGAQYIBiQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAgQFAAAdTB1MFBRAAUACYQF8AmEEYhBlEGBAYiBjQGoEagJpgGoBaQFlCGUCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
I also have the issue when you first jump out of the plan pressing forward doesnít move your character I have to press it several times to activate.  Setting sob to 5 fixes this though. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I also have the issue when you first jump out of the plan pressing forward doesnít move your character I have to press it several times to activate.  Setting sob to 5 fixes this though. 

I'm pretty sure this is a bug in the game since there is no way for XIM to know what the state of the game you are playing is. What I'm saying is that if this was a bug with XIM, the issue would be widespread.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
I also have another strange issue.  on my ads config I have Q and E set to lean left lean right.  I can hold Q and then press right mouse to go to ads config and it will lean left immediately.   But if I hold E and then press right to go to ads config it doesnít lean right I have to release E and then re press.  Any Idea why this is?