XIM Community

APEX Legends- Advanced Look Controls  (Read 13945 times)

Offline JE77

• View Profile
APEX Legends- Advanced Look Controls
« on: 12:35 PM - 03/21/19 »
As the title states...

I am not asking for "the best settings"

what I am asking is will this positively affect my xim or Neg affect my xim settings opposed to using the default (what I have been using for weeks/since the game released)

Are we able to use these advanced settings to tweak it more and what not?

Can someone explain this to me, as of right now I have it turned off but I played a few games with Havoxxxs picture and it felt a little different, I don't know if it was good or not....

Offline chompa

• 3=D~<3
    • View Profile
    • chompa.net
  • Gamertag: chompa
  • PSN ID: chompa
Re: APEX Legends- Advanced Look Controls
« Reply #1 on: 09:32 PM - 03/26/19 »
As the title states...

I am not asking for "the best settings"

what I am asking is will this positively affect my xim or Neg affect my xim settings opposed to using the default (what I have been using for weeks/since the game released)

Are we able to use these advanced settings to tweak it more and what not?

Can someone explain this to me, as of right now I have it turned off but I played a few games with Havoxxxs picture and it felt a little different, I don't know if it was good or not....

bump? anyone know if this is answered someplace else? seems like it'd be a good start to train an ST using the most optimal variables from this new control scheme? ionno!
xoxo,
chompa

3=D~<3

Offline matizex

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: matizex
« Reply #2 on: 04:17 AM - 03/27/19 »
Hi,

I've been playing with the advanced settings, and ended up with using "Outer Threshold"=MAX and a very low Deadzone.
I've been running this with 3.2k DPI and 1000hz, on Default sync without any curve.

Not sure what "Outer Threshold" actually does, but this setup gives a very responsive and accurate aim.

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:57 AM - 03/27/19 »
The st was trained on default settings and would not benefit from being retrained on this build of the game. /thread

Offline Shockwave1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:19 AM - 03/27/19 »
With advanced look controls, you can use the max sensitivity in the game and you dont lost the aim assist
Xbox 360 | Xbox One | PlayStation 4 | XIM4 | Razer DeathAdder Chroma | Razer DeathStalker Chroma | SteelSeries QcK

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:40 PM - 03/27/19 »
With advanced look controls, you can use the max sensitivity in the game and you dont lost the aim assist
Isn't 7/7 the same as 8/8 except 7/7 has AA?
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline goaty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:25 AM - 03/28/19 »
Isn't 7/7 the same as 8/8 except 7/7 has AA?
yes

Offline chompa

• 3=D~<3
    • View Profile
    • chompa.net
« Reply #7 on: 08:02 PM - 03/29/19 »
The st was trained on default settings and would not benefit from being retrained on this build of the game. /thread

u seem preeeetttyyy pretty sure of yourself there partner haha - you must train st's then?

i'm inclined to think that an ST trained with the highest possible sensitivity allowed in game will produce the best results, and with these new options, it looks like it may be possible to have a sensitivity higher than 8/8 (with the added benefit of AA as well [at least apparently])... who knows. i sure don't. i'd love if that mythic character, mist, would weigh in and grace upon his children some knowledge... cuz if mist said "no point /thread" i'd be far more inclined to agree

has the team ever done two STs for a single game (excluding 1st person & 3rd person stuff)? maybe we could have the current "Apex Legends" ST using the Classic Curve for those who have zero interest in "advanced controls," and a second ST, trained with specific settings within the new Advanced Look Controls, uploaded as "Apex Legends Advanced" for those that do? that would kinda sorta be tits. i swear half the fun I have with XIM is configuring it, and having a second, more advanced ST would.. well likesay.. that'd give more tits to tweak.
xoxo,
chompa

3=D~<3

Offline chompa

• 3=D~<3
    • View Profile
    • chompa.net
« Reply #8 on: 08:15 PM - 03/29/19 »
Hi,

I've been playing with the advanced settings, and ended up with using "Outer Threshold"=MAX and a very low Deadzone.
I've been running this with 3.2k DPI and 1000hz, on Default sync without any curve.

Not sure what "Outer Threshold" actually does, but this setup gives a very responsive and accurate aim.

hiiiiiii..... wouldn't you want "turning ramp-up time" set to the lowest possible setting? just curious why you've yours at max... maybe i'm not understanding that variable? 
xoxo,
chompa

3=D~<3

Offline dan_94

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:04 AM - 03/30/19 »
Hi,

hiiiiiii..... wouldn't you want "turning ramp-up time" set to the lowest possible setting? just curious why you've yours at max... maybe i'm not understanding that variable?

he could turn it on 0 cause at his settings there is no turning ramp up cause he has the Turning extra jaw and pitch on 0. Means the has 0 timed acceleration which is applied slowly (dont make sense but it makes no difference)

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:25 AM - 03/30/19 »
You can train st as much as u like it is not gonna become any better because the hit register is all about each person's setting network speed connection to the game server so it don't really matter imo. Find settings u can use and get good at em
Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline chompa

• 3=D~<3
    • View Profile
    • chompa.net
« Reply #11 on: 07:13 AM - 03/30/19 »
Hi,

he could turn it on 0 cause at his settings there is no turning ramp up cause he has the Turning extra jaw and pitch on 0. Means the has 0 timed acceleration which is applied slowly (dont make sense but it makes no difference)

ahhh roger that thank you
xoxo,
chompa

3=D~<3

Offline chompa

• 3=D~<3
    • View Profile
    • chompa.net
« Reply #12 on: 10:07 AM - 03/30/19 »
You can train st as much as u like it is not gonna become any better because the hit register is all about each person's setting network speed connection to the game server so it don't really matter imo. Find settings u can use and get good at em

lol that's kiiiinda like saying there'd be no good reason to zero the scope of your rifle on account of it being super windy outside... No matter how terrible the hit registration is (and it IS terrible i'll agree [20 tick, respawn? seriously?]), the more consistent and accurate your own shots, the more often they'll have the opportunity to register as an actual hit. obviously practice makes perfect, but having the best tools for the job can't hurt

anyway i've always found this topic of ST generation quite intriguuuuuing; i figure if i had a better understanding of the reasoning behind certain choices made during the training any one ST, it might better inform my own decisions when the time comes to build my config and/or curves for it... like for instance: why was the decision made to train the Apex Legends ST with the look deadzone set to small rather than none? and if there's truly of no benefit to be had by training a new ST designed to take advantage of the new "advanced look" variables, i'd like very much to understand why!

Also, why not just have two ST's for Apex Legends? "Apex Legends Classic" and "Apex Legends Advanced." Or more, even: why not build an ST for every Curve in the game and let the brilliant XIM user base sort out what they find most effective? I only have an extremely vague understanding of what actually goes into their development, but it would seem like the more ST's, the better! More customization! more of that lovely "finding what works for you" business! I'm all about it anyway.

k shutting up now :-*
« Last Edit: 03:38 PM - 03/30/19 by chompa »
xoxo,
chompa

3=D~<3

Offline dan_94

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02:04 AM - 03/31/19 »
Dear chompa,
i will explain you this:

1) you ask for multiple ST --> why would the XIM Team make multiple ST if there would always end up the same? The ST is always linear (1 to 1) no matter if they train it on classic or fine aim or steady aim or linear.
So ST for classic --> makes 1 to 1 feel, so asking for another ST for steady aim (for example)
So ST for steady aim comes out --> makes 1 to 1 feel, no difference to the classic ST
so whats the point? The Xim team spend some ours implementing a new ST for literally nothing... there is no difference.. waste of time and money --> Thats the reason why it is not trained on another Curve. They will clearly retrain every ST / or make another one if there is an change in look mechanic or a new feature (advanced settings) which could provide a better ST (like it was in BF V)

2) to your question about the advanced settings --> if the game came out with the advanced settings, the ST would be trained another way with some slightly different parameters (which do not change the result, only make the work easier)

3) if you are reading / understanding the advanced settings you will notice that most of them are useful for controllers but not for the XIM.
- deadzone --> most usefull --> you can lower the deadzone and add a litte BOOST to you mousemovement, helps with aim aissist bubble and weapon sway (or you can add BOOST in you XIM)
- outer threshold --> only for controller --> what it does is simply to boost you sensitivity (like * 1.2) --> the reason for that is that controller joystick sometimes dont hit the 100 % output any more. My PS4 controller can do 100 to left, 100 up, 100 down, but only 92 to the right, causing the problem that i cant turn fast to the right --> if you lower the outer threshold to a circle with a smaller diameter/radius, you will multiple the output 92 with something 1.x and so you would be apple to also turn right with 100. So whats the point for XIM? Do not change this! --> you dont want to mess up the ST, if you change this value, you will negate the 1:1 ST
- the rest is time acceleration which is good for controller 180 but we dont want that for XIM, so no need to implementing this in a new ST.
Hope i could help a little

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #14 on: 03:28 AM - 03/31/19 »
Well said sir

All u do by changing advanced controls is mess with the 1 to 1 / add the equivalent of boost or acceleration etc.

Some may like that feeling which is fair enough, each to their own.

The ST in its current state is absolutely perfect, like always.

People struggle with AA in this game and confuse it with imperfect settings.

As a side note i find the emphasis some people put on settings in general for most games is incredible i find, you can pick any game, set the recommended in game settings, boot up the ST and absolutely fry.

From reading these forums i get the impression more people spend more time tweaking settings than actually playing the game to get good.

This isn't a dig at anyone in particular by the way, just a generic response to many threads i see.

Admin