XIM Community

Is my new TV bugged ?  (Read 426 times)

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Is my new TV bugged ?
« on: 10:17 PM - 03/18/19 »
Last week I bought a new TV I am planning to use it for both my PS4 and PC.

A few days ago, I connected it to my PC to test how editing in photoshop would be. I loaded up some pictures. First there were pictures of nature. I noticed that the sky was brighter than it was on my monitor while the land was darker than it was on my monitor. I then loaded some pictures, this time it was people and their faces were brighter than their bodies and arms.

I tried messing with all the settings and nothing. Then I realized that my TV is slightly brighter on the top then it is on the bottom. I took a photo of the screen with notepad window while is fully white. I then lowered the gamma and I'm pretty sure I got my answer. Here are the photos:

This darkened area that the arrow is pointing towards is exactly where the brightness is lower and exactly why I was saying that people's faces were brighter than their body and the sky is brighter than it should be compared to the horizon.

Should i return / replace this TV ?
It is a 75 inch NU7100

I haven't owned a new TV in like 7 years. All I used to have is some old piece of trash that I never used but I figured why not buy a giant TV and use as an extra monitor. Anyway is this how TVs are supposed to be now ? I kind of want to return it to be honest.

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Is my new TV bugged ?
« Reply #1 on: 10:23 PM - 03/18/19 »
The TV is not wall mounted or anything yet. I just have it on the side to test it so I can still easily return it. Or can I ? How the F am I gonna get this to the store LOL. I don't have a truck.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #2 on: 03:34 AM - 03/19/19 »
IMO you've got a shoddy panel.

All the reviews I read before I bought my TV were positive about image uniformity. I have the Sony Bravia  KD43X8309C, which has a Samsung panel in it. Apart from darker edges and 200 nits brightness (common with budget 4K panels) it's a great TV.

I'd exchange your Sammy if I were you, hoping that lightning doesn't strike twice.
« Last Edit: 03:40 AM - 03/19/19 by ceebs »

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:43 AM - 03/19/19 »
So you're saying exchange it for a different brand tv ?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 03:55 AM - 03/19/19 »
Exchange it for another TV with a Samsung panel. They're great. You were just unlucky and got a poor one that slipped through QC.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:00 AM - 03/19/19 »
ok thx