XIM Community

Gamers should watch this...  (Read 827 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Gamers should watch this...
« on: 10:01 AM - 03/16/19 »
I'm gonna get deep and meaningful for a minute -

Watch from approx 10.00 to 14.00. It's all about losing with grace rather than blaming the loss on someone else.

A lack of accountability is why XIM cops so much hate from those who know nothing about it and this video nails the reason behind this phenomenon.

Reflecting blame is how many gamers react when they should be owning the loss, analysing their gameplay and improving their own skills to prevent a similar outcome.

Good players lose with grace, are humble in victory and play well with others. Be that guy.
« Last Edit: 10:10 AM - 03/16/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• Australian Youtuber 1.5k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
Re: Gamers should watch this...
« Reply #1 on: 01:29 PM - 03/16/19 »
yup 100% agree in every way motivational speech tbh more people need to be like what this guys explaining so many excuses people make and they need to sometimes take defeat to relize with a grain of salt that there not a god or unstoppable no one is

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:03 AM - 03/17/19 »
Totally, we need to stop the coddling. It's time to wipe out the poor and the weak. Anyone with a disability and making less than 120k a month needs to go. Jesus did his part to get society this far and now those values are nothing but an albatross. It's time to unburden the quality members of society with a great cleansing like a forest fire cleanses all the rot. And fat people are the worst of all. If you can't run a mile in under 9 minutes you need to be turned into paste for our pets. I'm glad somebody brought this up. I always thought the Xim forums could use a little more MAGA.

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:03 PM - 03/18/19 »
Totally, we need to stop the coddling. It's time to wipe out the poor and the weak. Anyone with a disability and making less than 120k a month needs to go. Jesus did his part to get society this far and now those values are nothing but an albatross. It's time to unburden the quality members of society with a great cleansing like a forest fire cleanses all the rot. And fat people are the worst of all. If you can't run a mile in under 9 minutes you need to be turned into paste for our pets. I'm glad somebody brought this up. I always thought the Xim forums could use a little more MAGA.

I guarantee this dude sucks at games and probably canít even run a mile
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:33 AM - 03/20/19 »

I'm the best there was, is, and will be and if I met you on the track and field I'd eat your @#$% out.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 04:42 AM - 03/20/19 »
I guarantee this dude sucks at games and probably can’t even run a mile
Give Phil his dues, it may be a commentary on Jordan Peterson.

I don't know enough about Jordan to hold an opinion, but I plan to listen to the 6 or so podcasts Joe has done with the guy...or at least until I get bored.

Or maybe Phil's just trolling me when I post crap like this :)
« Last Edit: 07:17 AM - 03/20/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Online piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:32 AM - 03/20/19 »
Wouldnít be surprised if it was a troll. For some reason Peterson is seen as far right by many people when heís clearly not.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 07:22 AM - 03/20/19 »
Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a troll. For some reason Peterson is seen as far right by many people when he’s clearly not.
I try to be apolitical, so I'm making no judgment on left or right.

I just listened to the 3 hour uncut version and the what I heard was a clever man cutting through the BS of life. They also touched on the misrepresentation of him in the media. Taken out of context, I can see a lot of what he's saying is controversial, but it's also largely based on science and psychology, not some crazy fool's opinion.

Anyway, best we not crack that chestnut. The point of the post was to be accountable...simples.
« Last Edit: 07:45 AM - 03/20/19 by antithesis »

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sir Fox McCloud
« Reply #8 on: 07:28 AM - 03/20/19 »
Wouldnít be surprised if it was a troll. For some reason Peterson is seen as far right by many people when heís clearly not.

Unfortunately, anyone that opposes the core values and/or constructs of any particular group of people is often labeled as "the enemy" these days. And that goes for just about every political, social, and even religious group today. You can be 90% aligned with another person or group but if you deviate 10% you will often be seen as the opposition. We need to learn how to have conversations and generate positive production rather than settle for more of the same name calling, labeling, and demonizing.

XIM APEX | XIM LINK | XBOX One S | Razer OrbWeaver (Razer Orange/Cherry Brown equivalent) | Logitech G502 (3.5K DPI & 1K Hz) | Asus 24" (VG245H) | Destiny 2 & Division 2

Online piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:34 AM - 03/20/19 »
Agreed. I think the far left is equally as crazy as the far right. What happened to just good old common sense. Itís like everyone needs to find themselves in some polarized extreme end of the spectrum to feel comfortable.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:11 AM - 03/20/19 »

I'm the best there was, is, and will be and if I met you on the track and field I'd eat your @#$% out.

You wish

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:47 PM - 03/20/19 »
Okay, I have to apologize for some of the earlier remarks I made. In my previous post I said, "And fat people are the worst of all." This was completely wrong of me and way out of line. I in no way intended to imply that fatties are people. They are the embodiment of weakness and lack of self discipline and should be turned into a fuel source.

Alright, alright, alright... now that I've gotten that out of my system.

I try to be apolitical, so I'm making no judgment on left or right.

I just listened to the 3 hour uncut version and the what I heard was a clever man cutting through the BS of life. They also touched on the misrepresentation of him in the media. Taken out of context, I can see a lot of what he's saying is controversial, but it's also largely based on science and psychology, not some crazy fool's opinion.

Anyway, best we not crack that chestnut. The point of the post was to be accountable...simples.

Here's the thing: I've been keenly aware for a while now how the Xim forums have avoided the BS politics that seems inescapable everywhere else on the internet and in daily life. I like these forums because we can agree or argue passionately about things that don't really matter but matter to us. It felt like there was an unspoken rule of don't track your nonsense into this house.

I feel that Jordan Peterson is that nonsense. Right of the bat he goes into blaming @#$% parenting on the left. I have multiple people close in my life who are vehement Trump supporters who are guilty of exactly the thing he talks about. Personally, I agree with more things with Jordan Peterson than I disagree with but he's known for playing into divisive politics and there's a reason why he's been adopted by the right as their guy.

This isn't a left or right thing. If someone posted a Bill Maher video blaming something that has no political boundaries on the right I would have found it just as equally distasteful.

And in all honesty, I think Jordan Peterson is a pretentious douche. He's the kind of guy who thinks presenting something obvious and common sense using words with as many syllables as possible makes him sound profound. It's a similar thing that I can't stand Bill Maher for.

Bottom line. I wish forum members would be more aware of what has a political stink on it and try and keep it out of here. I get sometimes politics cross with videogames and then it's unavoidable but in this case you could have used someone more apolitical like David Goggins to make the same points about accountability, responsibility, and self discipline.

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:24 PM - 03/20/19 »
On JRE they talk about the same 10 things on repeat. Itís entertaining on select episodes but it isnít going to make you a better gamer. I agree with Phil, Jordan is a twat and thereís nothing wrong with fat shaming. If youíre going to eat fast food you might as well shoot some heroin while youíre at it. But I still guarantee you suck at games. That much is a given.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #13 on: 05:08 PM - 03/20/19 »
Bottom line. I wish forum members would be more aware of what has a political stink on it and try and keep it out of here. I get sometimes politics cross with videogames and then it's unavoidable but in this case you could have used someone more apolitical like David Goggins to make the same points about accountability, responsibility, and self discipline.
All good points Phil. However, Jordan Peterson is not well-known in Australia, I don't watch TV (news is depressing) and this is my first exposure to him. There was nothing political about the post.

I was puzzled by your response, so I had to dig around to find out why and the penny dropped on your comment. Also, to be fair, being the poster child for a political group does not necessarily reflect on that person's own values, which is plain as day if you consume the full Rogan podcast. Taylor Swift is a right-wing sweetheart and had to "come out" as being a lefty.

Forget the man (I didn't know who he was) and focus on the message - be accountable and stop blaming others. The context is gamers who don't use a XIM but blame their losses on it to the detriment of our community when it's really a lack of skill to blame. Teaspoon deep stuff, let's leave the politics at the door.

I still suck while using a XIM, but at least I know it's me and not the guy on the other end of the bullet at fault ;) I didn't need Jordan Peterson or David Goggins (again, my only exposure to him is via a Joe Rogan podcast) to tell me that, but it seems a lot of people have skipped the life lesson on accountability and could benefit from some plain truths. It's the message not the mouthpiece that matters.
« Last Edit: 07:24 PM - 03/20/19 by antithesis »

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #14 on: 06:12 PM - 03/20/19 »
Iím going to add this in also, after playing with a good amount of xim players a lot of them havenít ever used a kb and mouse, they were controller users and wanted to get a xim for a advantage except they are sub par with a kb and mouse and end up complaining about st/game.