XIM Community

Gamers should watch this...  (Read 818 times)

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Gamers should watch this...
« Reply #15 on: 07:12 PM - 03/20/19 »
There was no way Jordan Peterson's name was being brought up without this descending into hell haha.

Before I even knew who Rogan was I heard him described by the far left as some racist a-hole. Then I found out what he was really like and thought...hyperbole much? I heard the same thing about Peterson so this time I forced myself to watch some of his interviews just to hear some views from "the other side". As much as I hate having to listen to the incoherent ramblings of a right winger, I like to give differing opinions a chance, and was again surprised to hear most of the mud being slung at him was just hyperbole. Keep in mind that at the time I would have described myself as leaning far left, but after seeing just how crazy people are I've moderated some and consider myself just left of centre.

If Rogan can be framed as a racist right winger, then it made me realise that this type of discussion is always certainly not going to end well because everyone feels the need to be backed into a corner for whatever @#$% reason. We're already seeing the corners formed in this thread. As long as someone hasn't found themselves backed into a corner then everything they say should be given the time of day, valid or not. I don't consider Peterson someone who has backed himself into some ideological corner (well, except for his views on religion).

EDIT: and yes morons on the extreme right have made Peterson their poster boy but that's hardly his fault. I disagree with a lot of what he says too (I was watching some stuff of his about religion and couldn't stop rolling my eyes), but you don't pick and choose who your fans are.
« Last Edit: 07:28 PM - 03/20/19 by piiwii »
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:45 AM - 03/21/19 »
I donít care about politics. Any president is gonna have problems, you canít control that. Obviously this one is practically brain dead and my left nut could do a better job. Just goes to show how much stupidity is out there. Iím supposed to reason with these people? No thanks.

Psychology is based on studies. Studies are usually nonsense. Go read up on how studies are made. Itís kinda hilarious. Itís a big part of why you see any possible opinion for any real problem. Like what is a healthy diet for example. No one is giving the best possible advice for anything.

I donít see why you all care so much about what console gamers think (or donít think) about xim. If thatís how you want to spend your time, knock yourself out I guess. In my experience no one cares. Whatís the point?

Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #17 on: 08:08 AM - 03/21/19 »
The only reason to care is if game developers listen to these idiots and work towards blocking the XIM.

None have, so we don't have any genuine reason to worry, but if enough people make enough noise, something might happen.

That, I care about. The opinions of the bleating masses, not at all. There is no cure for stupidity.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:18 AM - 03/21/19 »
I wouldnít lose any sleep over it. The day they ban xim users is the day corporations decide they have enough money. You think one day theyíll say ď letís do what these trolls on reddit tell usĒ? There will never be enough people complaining about such a insignificant thing. People are going to stop buying games because of a adapter? Sure.

This is all related to Jordan Peterson and politics? Sure.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go