XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20190315] [Manager 20190315]  (Read 22177 times)

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
minor issue but: every match in fortnite i cant move forward unless i press a s or d first. adding SAB fixes it but i dont use that setting
idk if its just me

Does this happen in any other game for you other than Fortnite?

Yes, this happens in PubG!!!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
To be clear, if are at a complete stop and you press W, you don't move forward?

Do you have a Windows PC and are you using a XIM with your Xbox? If so, can you plug your XIM setup into your PC and load up the "USB Controller" control panel? It will show you a visualization of the sticks and buttons of the controller plugged in (which is your XIM). When you press W, do you see things light up correctly in the visualization?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
To be clear, if are at a complete stop and you press W, you don't move forward?

Do you have a Windows PC and are you using a XIM with your Xbox? If so, can you plug your XIM setup into your PC and load up the "USB Controller" control panel? It will show you a visualization of the sticks and buttons of the controller plugged in (which is your XIM). When you press W, do you see things light up correctly in the visualization?

Unfortunately I only have a Mac. Here is a link with a complete description of the issue.https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=74786.msg741774#msg741774

Just wanted to add that this only happens in the beginning of every match. After you actually get the character to move forward it will not happen again in that match.

« Last Edit: 01:52 PM - 03/18/19 by Gamer4life »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
This is very strange since your XIM APEX has no context about the state of the game. I'm not sure how we'd go about fixing this as the same code is always run every time you press the key. It would seem that XIM4 would also have this issue as well.

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
This is very strange since your XIM APEX has no context about the state of the game. I'm not sure how we'd go about fixing this as the same code is always run every time you press the key. It would seem that XIM4 would also have this issue as well.

Strange indeed, but true nonetheless. The stable firmware from 20180501 I believe runs the game without issue.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
The difference between 20180501 and today's Beta builds is that 20180501 had SAB on, you just couldn't turn it off like you can now.

Offline Boof Packss

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Boof Packss
Hello!

I am new here to the forums as a member but have been using the xim for about 6 months. After this update I needed to change my sensitivity on my manager almost double for it to be comparable to before this update. This was for playing apex legends, I have checked dpi and Iím game settings and they are correct. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I had to do the same.

Although I did not double the mouse sensitivities, I did have to increase them +20 on the Hip Setting and went up +5 on the ADS Sensitivity.

I am using a G502 Hero, PS Nav Controller on XB1X for PUBG.

Thank you for the reply! Good to know it happened to not just me. I am using a g900 and a g413 on xbox one with reg controller. Not a huge deal just an odd occurrence

Offline WarCat

• View Profile
The difference between 20180501 and today's Beta builds is that 20180501 had SAB on, you just couldn't turn it off like you can now.

I recently rolled back from the last beta to the 20180501 because it felt better for me, did not know that SAB was a factor there. In the beta build I was not using SAB. I just updated to the 20190315, if I find that I feel off with it, what SAB value would I set to mirror the 20180501?

Will let you know if I run in to any issues! Thanks

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile

Whoa, I didnít see that one coming! No complaints from me then, I had no idea the issue was because you gave us the option to turn it off! Good stuff, keep up the good work!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I'd still like to understand why this is happening. The fact that it happens in more than one game for you is concerning. I'm wondering if there is a game where it doesn't happen to you?

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
If I use a value 100+ at Analog Stick Behavior, the character stops sprinting after ~3 sec.

Normally you can sprint unlimited in BO4. If I choose a value ~60, than sprinting is ok and the character doesnt interrupt.

Just to know for you, dont know if it is a bug or just a value too high.

EDIT2: Sorry, i just watched the videos. There is already mentioned, that sprinting can be aborted with high values.

EDIT: I didn't need to change ADS or HIP sens, like other player mentioned before. The sensitivity is almost the same, with the new tweaks from the Beta.
« Last Edit: 02:28 AM - 03/19/19 by Sorothos »

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
I'd still like to understand why this is happening. The fact that it happens in more than one game for you is concerning. I'm wondering if there is a game where it doesn't happen to you?

I only noticed this in PubG. In fact itís the only game I really play at the moment. The other individual posted about fortnight. I updated the beta firmware last night and didnít notice the issue. I will report back later if itís still there after I get out of work.

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile

This was happening on PUBG and Fortnite for me last few beta updates.  I had to set the SAB to 1 vs 0 or it would not let me move when the game started. 

Offline faceless person

• View Profile
This update is terrible for me. When I was playing apex legends and overwatch the controls felt way too sluggish. I could barely make a full turn. The last update was perfectly fine for me and now it feels like this beta does a complete turnaround. Just a quick example on Apex Legends I set my Logitech fps pro mouse hero sensor to full DPI and max polling with the aim sensitivity at 30 and everything was fine with the original update which was in Feb. This update turned it into a nightmare.
« Last Edit: 05:12 PM - 03/19/19 by faceless person »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Which firmware were you using before?