XIM Community

HALO REACH coming to MCC/ ST Retrain?  (Read 514 times)

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
HALO REACH coming to MCC/ ST Retrain?
« on: 01:37 PM - 03/12/19 »
Hey Mist if you didnít know Halo is suppose to have a major announcement this afternoon and many are assuming based of leaked info that Halo MCC will be coming out on PC and also including Halo Reach in MCC for Xbox and PC. Just to get the ball rolling do you think Halo reach ST will need to be retrained for MCC and itís 60 FPS and updated look mechanics with acceleration and old vs modern aiming?
Former halo 2/3 competitor just trying to win one game at a time :) main games used to be halo 2/3 but now are red dead redemption 2 and fortnite. Now mostly play on PS4 as well.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: HALO REACH coming to MCC/ ST Retrain?
« Reply #1 on: 02:31 PM - 03/12/19 »
This shouldn't require a retrain as all of the halo mcc games are using the modern aim look mechanic. The difference in each config is the button layout, not the ST. Framerate is also not a factor. Please let me know if there are obvious differences though and I can check for changes.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:49 PM - 03/12/19 »
Sounds good just a question tho wasnít the original reach ST designed back with the Xbox 360 and xim4? With the new sync system and boost SAB and smoothing. Should we assume itís 60 FPS common sync when it launches?
Former halo 2/3 competitor just trying to win one game at a time :) main games used to be halo 2/3 but now are red dead redemption 2 and fortnite. Now mostly play on PS4 as well.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:13 PM - 03/12/19 »
Yes, assuming Reach does come out (fingers crossed) a game config will be added but it will use existing support most likely. Using another MCC config will allow you to play this game with modern aim selected.

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:37 PM - 03/12/19 »
Well looks like Reach is coming back! So as you mentioned it will just be an updated config for Xbox one using the same mechanics as other MCC games just to make sure.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:48 PM - 03/12/19 »
Seeing Reach updated will make me happy. :)

I don't understand why they are putting it on steam though when they have a PC marketplace. Maybe it's not doing so well with PC users so they are testing other stores.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:10 AM - 03/13/19 »
Seeing Reach updated will make me happy. :)

I don't understand why they are putting it on steam though when they have a PC marketplace. Maybe it's not doing so well with PC users so they are testing other stores.

im also super happy, reach is my second most played halo after halo 1 and also my second most favourite! :)
back then the xim360 was the way to go, curious to see how itll play with the latest xim technology

as for the steam move, im kinda happy as my pc still runs windows7 and the windows store is exclusive to windows10! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:09 AM - 03/13/19 »
Reach is my favorite halo as a solo experience, other halo games I typically played with friends back then.

I was wrong about Microsoft earlier, it's clear they are committed to games as a service and just want to be everywhere. There is talk of XBL and gamepass coming to switch which would be great as Nintendo is lacking in their online support now.

Odin, it sounds like it's time to update soon. :) I did read that Microsoft is porting the barebones of DX12 to W7 but you won't be getting the same optimization that DX12 offers on W10.
« Last Edit: 10:14 AM - 03/13/19 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:57 AM - 03/14/19 »
Reach is my favorite halo as a solo experience, other halo games I typically played with friends back then.

I was wrong about Microsoft earlier, it's clear they are committed to games as a service and just want to be everywhere. There is talk of XBL and gamepass coming to switch which would be great as Nintendo is lacking in their online support now.

Odin, it sounds like it's time to update soon. :) I did read that Microsoft is porting the barebones of DX12 to W7 but you won't be getting the same optimization that DX12 offers on W10.

yes you are right haha, i might buy a new laptop next month :)
microsoft even wants to bring the gamepass to the playstation, im not sure if sony will agree to that but i appreciate their intention to bring microsoft games to other consoles!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Admin