XIM Community

Fortnite Added Deadzone Adjustment. Thoughts?  (Read 9279 times)

Offline Mongoose87

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite Added Deadzone Adjustment. Thoughts?
« Reply #45 on: 07:44 PM - 02/23/19 »
so basically all the deadzone does is change the sensitivity lower deadzone = faster movement = less accurate. if yall like .10 dead zone up ur sensitivity but leave default deadzone lol

Deadzone doesn’t affect sensitivity. With a controller thumbstick it does this... It is the amount you have to move the thumbstick before it registers that you have moved the thumbstick. Basically it is literally a deadzone (the first bit of movement of thumbstick inside the “deadzone” will not do anything). It is there to avoid very minor unintended movements causing your aim to move, and also to counter stick drift.

Google it for some better explanations than what I’ve just given. It’s a pretty basic concept but can be awkward to explain.

Offline Xchronicx

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08:40 AM - 02/24/19 »
The movements are definitely more responsive with it lower,.. :)

Offline Muramasa

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Excalibur-EX
« Reply #47 on: 07:46 PM - 02/26/19 »
i m looking forward to relese new st.

Offline Xchronicx

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06:46 PM - 02/27/19 »
Also looking forward especially since the new season of the game releases tomorrow.

Offline jdubz93

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09:31 PM - 02/27/19 »
so basically all the deadzone does is change the sensitivity lower deadzone = faster movement = less accurate. if yall like .10 dead zone up ur sensitivity but leave default deadzone lol

Deadzone doesn’t affect sensitivity. With a controller thumbstick it does this... It is the amount you have to move the thumbstick before it registers that you have moved the thumbstick. Basically it is literally a deadzone (the first bit of movement of thumbstick inside the “deadzone” will not do anything). It is there to avoid very minor unintended movements causing your aim to move, and also to counter stick drift.

Google it for some better explanations than what I’ve just given. It’s a pretty basic concept but can be awkward to explain.

yeah but we use a mouse and keyboard. sooo it doesnt matter how far the dead zone is considering we have none. its like half pulling the trigger. you can do that with controller but for us its just a left mouse click. so dead zone doesnt do anything for us except increase the turn speed thus why I said people saying the new dead zone is better. if they were to increase the sensitivity they would get the same results but more accurate because its on the correct st.

Offline Mongoose87

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11:40 PM - 02/27/19 »

yeah but we use a mouse and keyboard. sooo it doesnt matter how far the dead zone is considering we have none. its like half pulling the trigger. you can do that with controller but for us its just a left mouse click. so dead zone doesnt do anything for us except increase the turn speed thus why I said people saying the new dead zone is better. if they were to increase the sensitivity they would get the same results but more accurate because its on the correct st.

It is important to have the deadzone at the correct setting. The reason we have no deadzone is because the ST is trained based around the games built in deadzone settings. If the deadzone is different from what the ST was trained at then it can result in poor aim mechanics (especially micro movements). If the setting is too far off then you may find you have to move the mouse too much before it registers, or you may be unable to do very fine movements since it will start moving at a faster speed.

At this stage there is still a chance that the deadzone default setting post patch is different from what it used to be behind the scenes before the patch.

Offline Xchronicx

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01:24 AM - 03/01/19 »
Agreed with mongoose

“Increase your sensitivity to counteract the different deadzone”. ,.. how much would you “increase” it? Use smoothing or multiply by a 1.0x - 2.0x?

« Last Edit: 08:15 AM - 03/01/19 by Xchronicx »

Offline jdubz93

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05:12 PM - 03/01/19 »
someone already asked epic if the default zones are the same zones they have been using all year. and epic confirmed default is the original values. Thats why ps4 has 12, xbox has 20, and pc has 24 or whatever. if epic decided to make users figure out the best deadzone then all the defaults would have been the same. And there would be alot of upset people because you would instantly notice a difference when they logged on.

Needless to say dont mess with something thats not broken. And as already stated if he was to create a new st for a new dead zone value you would get the same outcome you get now. If a lower dead zone seems more "responsive" as I said before if you up'd your sensitivity or activated "turn assist" you would get the same outcome. Its all a placebo

Offline Naruto777

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 10:52 PM - 03/01/19 »
Any news on this? ever since they added this the game has felt really off aim wise its made me quit playing all together lmao

Offline Xchronicx

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04:06 PM - 03/02/19 »
Using the in game ADS only and not using the Xim’s ADS definitely feels weird when it comes to micro movements.

Offline joeljmnz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LORDBEAM
« Reply #55 on: 10:07 PM - 03/12/19 »
Would love to know what the best setting is for these new dead zone values.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04:33 AM - 03/13/19 »
Would love to know what the best setting is for these new dead zone values.

the standard ones, theres no need to change those as the xim game profile is only optimized for one setting
using something else will affect your mouse movements in a negative way
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay