XIM Community

Is Apex Legends getting retrained?  (Read 6873 times)

Offline LITHE

• ig: gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
Re: Is Apex Legends getting retrained?
« Reply #90 on: 10:51 PM - 03/13/19 »
And I understand you said it may not be the STís fault but I find it interesting that with the PUBG ST meant for a completely different game on default settings itís tracks well for me and I donít get that stalling AA feeling which leads me to believe it could be the ST as the point of debate. Again obviously Iím not an expert just trying to try all my options to see what works the absolute best.

Totally different games, its an apples to oranges comparison. Pubg has much slower movements and ADAD spamming is not even a fraction as bad. Plus theres no AA at all so the controller players are all potato aimers

I fully admit it, I get owned on Apex without AA, unless I had a few cups of coffee before playing lol. With AA, its honestly still a challenge. I recently just started feeling like I'm getting decent at it. A game like BF1 which has slow character movements and no ADAD spam, I can own people with no AA on a controller. I dont even play on with a mouse because its not challenging and feels like I'm cheating.

EDIT: are you talking about using the PUBG ST on APEX? That felt way worse to me, but what you might be feeling is the curve had a boost in micro aim if I remember correctly. This can give the sensation of an AA cut. Retraining the ST on 7/7 wont fix this...
« Last Edit: 10:57 PM - 03/13/19 by LITHE »

Offline LITHE

• ig: gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #91 on: 11:02 PM - 03/13/19 »
Lol this thread is pretty entertaining...

Ive been switching back and forth between 7/7 and 8/8 in the training mode. If there is a difference is so subtle. Just curious, where are you guys finding the issues? Micro aim, medium movements, fast movements? Im honestly having trouble finding the difference. There might be something in micro aim but barely if any. Overall the ST feels great in my opinion..

What I have noticed is, Training Mode is not reliable as reference because there is not server load and CPU load like on a real match. Another thing that I noticed testing is 7/7 as you said is really hard to find a difference... only pops up when you added some steady aim, as expected. Is not as precise as 8/8 but the acceleration (bad interpolation actually) Henry Libre curve abates this a bit.

Ok, this makes sense now. I don't play with Steady Aim because I dont like the feel, but I can imagine it bringing out issues.

Theres all sorts of server lag and issues that pop up in game that throw off your aim, but thats nothing the ST will fix. Im sure controller players are getting it as well.
« Last Edit: 11:35 PM - 03/13/19 by LITHE »

Offline Tetsurobash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Tetsurobash
« Reply #92 on: 12:41 AM - 03/14/19 »
Iím looking forward to testing out the new ST. I enjoy the tuning aspects very much... I feel like this new ST will suit high dpi configs very well.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 11:48 AM - 03/14/19 »
I recently retrained the game on 7/7 and found that the look mechanic is identical between 7 and 8 sensitivity. Those wanting to use 7 to take advantage of aim assist can do so without worrying about acceleration.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline luxus

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: hiKai0815
« Reply #94 on: 12:02 PM - 03/14/19 »
Did i understand that right. You did the effort to retrain it, and the results are the same?

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
« Reply #95 on: 12:07 PM - 03/14/19 »
I recently retrained the game on 7/7 and found that the look mechanic is identical between 7 and 8 sensitivity. Those wanting to use 7 to take advantage of aim assist can do so without worrying about acceleration.

Nitro was right then, suspected he was

Carry on all

Thanks Mist for taking a look, appreciate the hard work

Offline Rekger

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 04:16 PM - 03/14/19 »
Some of these posts really make me scratch my head and wonder why the Devís even try to accommodate to every whim.

Too much AA.. too  little AA.. not enough like the PC version..

Itís beyond ridiculous how some act and demand.  Odds are that the issue is mostly within the player. Everyone expects to copy a shared config and for it to make them unstoppable. Some of you really need to be thankful we even have keyboard and mouse support. But to think a game is going to handle identically between PC and Console, youíre out of your mind... unless your PC is a toaster and youíre rocking a CRT from 2003.

Appreciate all the hard work Obsiv, Mist, and everyone else put in.

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 06:06 PM - 03/14/19 »
Some of these posts really make me scratch my head and wonder why the Devís even try to accommodate to every whim.

Too much AA.. too  little AA.. not enough like the PC version..

Itís beyond ridiculous how some act and demand.  Odds are that the issue is mostly within the player. Everyone expects to copy a shared config and for it to make them unstoppable. Some of you really need to be thankful we even have keyboard and mouse support. But to think a game is going to handle identically between PC and Console, youíre out of your mind... unless your PC is a toaster and youíre rocking a CRT from 2003.

Appreciate all the hard work Obsiv, Mist, and everyone else put in.

I only care about getting Odinís config and he wonít release it until the new ST is done.

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
« Reply #98 on: 06:21 PM - 03/14/19 »
There wont be a new ST. Look up.

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 06:39 PM - 03/14/19 »
Exactly no need too here yall go little highlight video

https://youtu.be/I2M9sFAGT2U

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 07:51 PM - 03/14/19 »
I humble suggest to do, find a game where you feel you have the best control and aiming, let it be your frame of reference; make it your gold standard. For me is Battlefront 2015, I have more than 2K hours on it.

Then when you pick up a new game, tune it to feel as similar as possible as you feel on your gold standard, turn wise, aim assist etc. without resourcing to curves, steady aim or any of those advanced options.

The purpose is get full control of your aim and stick it with it for a while.

Also keep a positive mindset and acknowledge external factors like: hardware, frame drops, poor netcode,  with "oh OK game is having issues... hope they fix it" and not "I don't have the perfect settings SO THAT'S WHY I WAS LOSING!!!!".
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Offline SleptKing

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 09:53 PM - 03/14/19 »

Wow.... that was bad.

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 12:01 AM - 03/15/19 »

Wow.... that was bad.

Aww thanks dont matter what you think. Lol

Offline marinetroics

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 04:07 AM - 03/15/19 »
I just wanted to bring to everyoneís attention something that I think may or may not help some people. I have two Xim Apexís and I happened to be playing on one that had firmware on it designed for Fortnite during that time in October when Epic was banning xims.
After down loading AL confit on THAT Xim I had serious mouse lag issues. The mouse was so laggy/draggy I couldnít keep my aim on targets fast enough. I tried moving to 1000 polling rate and it didnít help. Iím using a G502 on 12k dpi. I suspected it was the different firmware that could be causing an issue so I connected my other Xim Apex that has older firmware (non specific to Fortnite) and the lagginess was completely fixed! I have read this entire thread from beginning to end and all Iím trying to do now is figure out if the AA on 7,7 is actually helpful or not.
After this fix it feels so much closer to PC to me I am very happy with it. Just need to experiment with different dpi setting maybe and also the in game sensitivity (8,8/7,7).
I donít remember which firmware build is on my non Fortnite Xim but I wanted to put this out there Incase it could help anyone. There was a very serious HUGE difference.

Feels to my about 98% close to PC feel. IMO.... nice @#$% job. I clicked this thread because I had a serious problem I thought here might be info to fix it but all along it was firmware. If a moderator says I am wrong I would be happy to mail you both Xims and you can see for yourself. I have bought 4 Xim Apexes so far lol. Two for me and two for a couple friends of mine. One of whom is not using theirs atm I may ask for it back Incase you think Iím crazy and want to see for yourself. There truly is a difference in each Xim how the firmware acted differently for this game and Iím sure other games may be effected as well.

If anyone has any tweaks for me and my G502 (12k max) mouse to get even better aim or feel with it you can send me a PM I would appreciate it.
Sorry for the long post. Happy aiming.... I mean gaming ;D

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 04:20 AM - 03/15/19 »
I just wanted to bring to everyoneís attention something that I think may or may not help some people. I have two Xim Apexís and I happened to be playing on one that had firmware on it designed for Fortnite during that time in October when Epic was banning xims.
After down loading AL confit on THAT Xim I had serious mouse lag issues. The mouse was so laggy/draggy I couldnít keep my aim on targets fast enough. I tried moving to 1000 polling rate and it didnít help. Iím using a G502 on 12k dpi. I suspected it was the different firmware that could be causing an issue so I connected my other Xim Apex that has older firmware (non specific to Fortnite) and the lagginess was completely fixed! I have read this entire thread from beginning to end and all Iím trying to do now is figure out if the AA on 7,7 is actually helpful or not.
After this fix it feels so much closer to PC to me I am very happy with it. Just need to experiment with different dpi setting maybe and also the in game sensitivity (8,8/7,7).
I donít remember which firmware build is on my non Fortnite Xim but I wanted to put this out there Incase it could help anyone. There was a very serious HUGE difference.

Feels to my about 98% close to PC feel. IMO.... nice @#$% job. I clicked this thread because I had a serious problem I thought here might be info to fix it but all along it was firmware. If a moderator says I am wrong I would be happy to mail you both Xims and you can see for yourself. I have bought 4 Xim Apexes so far lol. Two for me and two for a couple friends of mine. One of whom is not using theirs atm I may ask for it back Incase you think Iím crazy and want to see for yourself. There truly is a difference in each Xim how the firmware acted differently for this game and Iím sure other games may be effected as well.

If anyone has any tweaks for me and my G502 (12k max) mouse to get even better aim or feel with it you can send me a PM I would appreciate it.
Sorry for the long post. Happy aiming.... I mean gaming ;D

App manager should tell you what firmware is on the device if that may help