XIM Community

Is Apex Legends getting retrained?  (Read 13280 times)

Offline matthewtas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: matthewtas
Re: Is Apex Legends getting retrained?
« Reply #45 on: 05:56 AM - 03/11/19 »
I though the xim team did not take aim assist into account when making sts. Isn't there goal is to get as close to pc feeling as possible? I am very surprised they are even considering this. Also if they do make another st people can make the argument " you made another st for apex why dont you make one for x game".

Offline luxus

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: hiKai0815
« Reply #46 on: 06:31 AM - 03/11/19 »
I use 7/6 at the moment, but a retrain at 7/7 would be fine.
But the st at the moment doesn't feel good, still trying new configs in the hope for a better feeling

I wondering how long and how much work a retrain take? Is there any information about that process?

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #47 on: 06:38 AM - 03/11/19 »
Just gna post this to clear up a few things (hopefully).

Apex is a special case as there appears to be a bug meaning 8 8 gives no aim assist.

Whether this is intentional by the game developers or not i dont know, perhaps its not a bug.

The point is Mist did not know this when the ST was created at max sense as per usual, no way he could have known.

Now as most use 7 7 to gain AA it means we may be using a slightly imperfect ST as there may be acceleration between 7 and 8.

I highlight maybe as Nitro mentioned above that 7 and 8 may even be the same sense just with no AA at 8. That remains to be seen.

The ideal solution here would be for the game developers to fix AA at 8 sense or confirm its intentional.

The deadzone has absolutely no influence as has been explained numerous times by mist etc. The ST accounts for this regardless of its size. There is no deadzone for us on small using an apex. Setting it to none is the equivalent of using some boost.

It seems FOV also has no effect on aiming mechanics as mentioned by AlanMcgregor.

So the bottom line is a retrain is something of a special case due to the AA bug but we may have to prepare ourself for it having either no effect or very little (the dif in acel between 7 and 8 ).

The game is early stage almost beta guys, optimising tick rate / frame rate / lag etc would be the biggest influence. Fortnite was the same before locked 60 fps.

Factor in a slow turn cap and a poor sprint mechanic and it adds to the clunky feel. (Feels a bit like destiny 2 to me)

As ever the more you play the more you learn to deal with these issues.

Appreciate the continued support mist od1n and team.

« Last Edit: 06:43 AM - 03/11/19 by d1sable »

Offline ocelotdelta

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 09:21 AM - 03/11/19 »
sorry to hijack but i love 110 fov on ps4 pro but frame does get choppy at times, whats a good sweet spot you guys like?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09:52 AM - 03/11/19 »
sorry to hijack but i love 110 fov on ps4 pro but frame does get choppy at times, whats a good sweet spot you guys like?

most people mentioned that after a value of 90 the game starts to drop pretty significantly, so unless you have problems with 110 field of view id just stay with it
its probably only a matter of a few performance patches until you can run even very high fovs without any major problem
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline luxus

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: hiKai0815
« Reply #50 on: 12:28 PM - 03/11/19 »
Od1n confirmed on YouTube that we will get a retrained 7/7 config and a config tutorial this week

Offline litezzzout

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05:04 PM - 03/11/19 »
Change of FOV shouldn't affect the game's aiming mechanics.

Previously I've noticed if you increase the fov, vertical sense gets slower and slower. Don't play apex  a lot so don't know if they've changed it.

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #52 on: 06:05 PM - 03/11/19 »
Its just how it appears due to the stretched res.

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 07:03 PM - 03/11/19 »
Any idea how long until the retrain?

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 08:26 PM - 03/11/19 »
I loved what 90 fov was and stood for but the game just runs better on 70.  I'll take that depressing feeling of playing thegame with goggles on over the hitching and image distortion.  Fairwell 90 fov.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #55 on: 04:05 AM - 03/12/19 »
I loved what 90 fov was and stood for but the game just runs better on 70.  I'll take that depressing feeling of playing thegame with goggles on over the hitching and image distortion.  Fairwell 90 fov.
Get a one x and say hello to 90+ fov

Offline iHeaRTShaRK

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xWIxiHeaRTshaRK
« Reply #56 on: 04:20 AM - 03/12/19 »
One X, SSD here, I play on 80. Still gets choppy often. Going down to 70 to see if it makes a difference or if it's just network .

Offline Happy Camper Cavalry

• Only the best
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: 12 Current Members
« Reply #57 on: 09:05 AM - 03/12/19 »
Just popping in to let you all know. PC gamers have figured out there is an issue with the fov and keeping the sens round. Don't know how this effects xim but gamers have figured out that nly an FOV of 104 OR 78 are perfectly round. Any other FOV is oblong. Now since this was trained on 70,im not sure how it effects us. I switched to 104 fov and I love it. Feels great, don't know if this is on console. Just wanted to put that out there.
Practice Responsible Xim ownership, and disable aim assist!

Offline jd394y

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 11:18 AM - 03/12/19 »
Od1n confirmed on YouTube that we will get a retrained 7/7 config and a config tutorial this week

you have a link to the video?

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fst_si
« Reply #59 on: 11:26 AM - 03/12/19 »
Unfortunately not a video as It was a post under the community tab on his YT channel.

Admin