XIM Community

Is Apex Legends getting retrained?  (Read 12839 times)

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
Re: Is Apex Legends getting retrained?
« Reply #15 on: 12:41 AM - 03/09/19 »
PLEASE Mist PLEASE at the very least like Odin said please consider retraining the st to 7,7 I think itís fair to say that most people on the forums run 7,7 even tho it goes against the settings the ST was trained on and maybe itís not FOV maybe itís just that. We are all trying to perfect settings that just werenít meant to be used in the first place. Odin is speaking truth When he says most of us use 7,7. At the very least allow us the opportunity to use and st with settings that are optimal for xim users. The training mode and actual matchmaking are two different feels sure I can aim on target every time in training mode almost perfectly but in the actual game the AA just feels so off with the ST and everyone has been altering or get close to perfect settings yet most people feel ďsomething is offĒ Iíve come close many times to perfect settings and I strongly feel a 7,7 retrain would help us all attain more ideal settings.you guys do a phenomenal job with the product and updates you provide. Being this is one of the most popular games in the world right now a more ideal base ST would be amazing. Thanks again and you guys maybe right about the FOV and personally I feel like it feels different based on FOV but again at the very least 7,7 retrain would help us solve that.
Former halo 2/3 competitor just trying to win one game at a time :) main games used to be halo 2/3 but now are red dead redemption 2 and fortnite. Now mostly play on PS4 as well.

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12:43 AM - 03/09/19 »
mist if a retraining is required i would recommend to do it on 7/7 ingame sensitivity instead of 8/8
the reason is that 8/8 doesnt have any aim assist and therefore like 80% of apex legend ximmers play on 7/7
it wouldnt make much sense to force the 80% of the playerbase to play with minor mouse acceleration due to the config not being optimized for 7/7

That less than ideal mouse acceleration maybe be that ďsomethingĒ thatís keeping most of us from hitting our potential with the Xim.
Former halo 2/3 competitor just trying to win one game at a time :) main games used to be halo 2/3 but now are red dead redemption 2 and fortnite. Now mostly play on PS4 as well.

Offline SmellyBeanHairs

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SmellyBeanHairs
« Reply #17 on: 01:00 AM - 03/09/19 »
I was one of the people that made a thread about this a week or two ago. I've come to accept that a couple of the things making this game feel so off is definitely the mouse acceleration and the turn speed cap. I'm not sure what if anything can be done about this on the xim side of things. That being said I definitively think it does make sense to at least look into retraining this game on 7/7 sens if that would even make a difference. It also seems like a couple of the other response curves make the turn cap a bit higher,  but none feel smooth enough to play on. Maybe that could be looked into also?

Offline WarCat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05:44 AM - 03/09/19 »
Hi everyone, Iíve been using XIM for about a year now but I just now made an account to reply to this topic. Iíve watched all of the tutorials on YT from XIM and today I went back to ďfinding your perfect XIM sensitivityĒ the method in that video is very solid, I did this process today, and realized that my original ďcomfortableĒ sensitivity was WAY too high. I dialed it in like the video explained (simple math) and continued until my aim was steady and I could strafe the target without issue. With that being said, I recommend everyone who is having issues tracking enemies to do this.. I have seen many posts saying the aim feels off, but perhaps you need to be using a lower sensitivity. Watch the video, it has changed how I think about MnK fundamentally.

TL;DR lower your sens and use turn assist...

Couple more things... I agree that if 80% or so of the users are using 7/7 then it should be retrained on 7/7 (unless retraining it on 7/7 wouldnít make any difference as some have mentioned that 7/7 is equal to 8/8 with no acceleration) if mist has time to do this, it may be what the community needs to finally accept that apex legends netcode is bad, or their sens is too high, or any other factor related to Apex Legends or user error, but not Xim.

Last but not least, just out of curiousity... In the ballistic curves tutorial, it is explained that the default curve for XIM  is linear to provide true 1:1. So why would the Apex Legends  be trained on classic rather than linear? Wouldnít that cause undesired acceleration or deceleration depending on what the ďclassicĒ curve is (not 1:1?)

Anyways, thanks for reading if you made it this far..!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06:07 AM - 03/09/19 »
Last but not least, just out of curiousity... In the ballistic curves tutorial, it is explained that the default curve for XIM  is linear to provide true 1:1. So why would the Apex Legends  be trained on classic rather than linear? Wouldnít that cause undesired acceleration or deceleration depending on what the ďclassicĒ curve is (not 1:1?)

Anyways, thanks for reading if you made it this far..!

welcome to the forum!

the outcome of the training will always provide a linear aiming mechanic, no matter what ingame curve is used
the smart trainer will fully negate the acceleration, so the only thing that matters is to pick the ingame curve which allows the best mouse movements
this is one of the things that mist takes care of when training a game, to find and choose the ingame settings which offer the best mouse output
now to get back to your question, the ingame curve will only affect controller players while xim players have a linear aiming mechanic (unless you make use out of the ballistic curve)

also nice to hear that the tutorial videos are helpful! :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:14 AM - 03/09/19 »
I swear to god people who keep complaining about 110 FOV changing the look mechanics are experiencing some next level confirmation bias. Iíve played on 110 FOV since the day the official ST came out, Iíve also played at 90, thereís no difference, itís literally in your head.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 09:43 AM - 03/09/19 »
We will look into training at 7/7. However, the reason we train at maximum is because any negative aiming behavior a developer may put into their game's aiming system (such as timed acceleration) is minimized at maximum sensitivity.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline synflood

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09:52 AM - 03/09/19 »
Anyone could write a script to mimic the exact same movement on screen and compare in the two views to see if the fov affects anything when all things are equal.

Lower numbers on sensitivity INCREASE in game aim assist. The lower the numbers, the higher the aim assist. You wanna see sticky aim you can't break? Grab a 301 on setting 5 and you'll nuke people from any non-close range distance.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10:33 AM - 03/09/19 »
Blows my mind, the ST is so clean at 8/8

Quote from: Darkest Inferno
Odin is speaking truth When he says most of us use 7,7. At the very least allow us the opportunity to use and st with settings that are optimal for xim users who depends on aim assist.
Let me correct that one.

Most of active forum players are not the majority. And nothing guarantees that 7.7 is going to give you the aim assist performance you are asking for, because that's what you guys are asking for; ST track is on point.

We will look into training at 7/7. However, the reason we train at maximum is because any negative aiming behavior a developer may put into their game's aiming system (such as timed acceleration) is minimized at maximum sensitivity.
This.

You guys want to know how badly is it?; OK go to the training set your Y/X to 0 to make a straight 360 turn like on all games, do the turn.... and you will see it, and how well the ST is fixing this. Spoiler: you start with your aim straight at eye level...  after a full 360į turn you end-up  roughly on the same spot but looking 2" higher.

You didn't know about this one right?, because you guys doesn't even test things... facts, not "feelings".

If the a new ST trained at 7.7 is going to aggravate this issue or be less effective to abate it, this is going to ruin it for all of us.

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:02 AM - 03/09/19 »
PLEASE Mist PLEASE at the very least like Odin said please consider retraining the st to 7,7 I think itís fair to say that most people on the forums run 7,7 even tho it goes against the settings the ST was trained on and maybe itís not FOV maybe itís just that. We are all trying to perfect settings that just werenít meant to be used in the first place. Odin is speaking truth When he says most of us use 7,7. At the very least allow us the opportunity to use and st with settings that are optimal for xim users. The training mode and actual matchmaking are two different feels sure I can aim on target every time in training mode almost perfectly but in the actual game the AA just feels so off with the ST and everyone has been altering or get close to perfect settings yet most people feel ďsomething is offĒ Iíve come close many times to perfect settings and I strongly feel a 7,7 retrain would help us all attain more ideal settings.you guys do a phenomenal job with the product and updates you provide. Being this is one of the most popular games in the world right now a more ideal base ST would be amazing. Thanks again and you guys maybe right about the FOV and personally I feel like it feels different based on FOV but again at the very least 7,7 retrain would help us solve that.

LOL Alanmcgregror over here quoted me then ďadded who use aim assistĒ. To my quote like I wrote that hahahahaha love the Fox News touch up thatís not what I said. I reposted the original quote just in case. Iím talking about how since itís console and their IS aim assist regardless of whether you use it or not. The st was trained using settings that donít utilize any aim assist which doesnít help when 80% of forum users are saying they use 7,7 or 7,6. My point is we are all not using 8,8 because most of us tried it and felt it wasnít good in game. Thatís why most of the xim users donít use 8,8. I donít want the heavy AA I enjoy aiming but in a console game with AA as a forced mechanic the st should be trained to incorporate What ODIN said about mouse acceleration.

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11:08 AM - 03/09/19 »
next retrain it would be nice for 7/7

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11:14 AM - 03/09/19 »
You may be 1 out of a million forum members that likes 8,8 thatís awesome but everyone on YouTube and xim forums are mostly using 7,7 and if you would like to check that take a vote and see what most people use on here and look up the 30 plus videos of youtubers that use 7,7. Very rarely do you see 8,8 if ever. So when a majority of the people willing to take the time and test settings and post settings all are using 7,7 there seems to be a disconnect when it comes to connecting the dots that we would want to TEST a 7,7 ST at the very least. Because like I said in my original post we are all coming up with settings that are 90% ideal and perfect for our individual  play styles whether you like more AA to almost no AA but something is definitely off with each and every single on one of the settings people are posting. They say a variation of ďyea itís not perfect but heck Iím getting 10-15 kills a game 3k damage so hey test it out cuz itís working for meĒ imagine how many more kills and damage and effectiveness a xim user could have if we test an st trained on settings that most of anybody who gives a @#$% to test settings and post their findings on here which is 7,7. Glad 8,8 works for a few but the many want to test 7,7. If it works great maybe if not weíll gosh atleast we can change it back and learn from the testing. It doesnít hurt anyone to try something new and see if it helps the majority overcome whatever the issues are in perfecting thier settings.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:26 AM - 03/09/19 »
Blows my mind, the ST is so clean at 8/8

Quote from: Darkest Inferno
Odin is speaking truth When he says most of us use 7,7. At the very least allow us the opportunity to use and st with settings that are optimal for xim users who depends on aim assist.
Let me correct that one.

That's why I wrote: "Let me correct that one". Hey everybody who doesn't even get it...  Darkest Inferno is not saying that... the bold letters are an a correction I did. OK?

Iím talking about how since itís console and their IS aim assist regardless of whether you use it or not. The st was trained using settings that donít utilize any aim assist which doesnít help when 80% of forum users are saying they use 7,7 or 7,6.
Clearly you ignore the fact that: All the ST are trained without Aim Assist intended., more focus on having a better tracking, for this game in particular 8/8 DZ Small.

My point is we are all not using 8,8 because most of us tried it and felt it wasnít good in game. Thatís why most of the xim users donít use 8,8. I donít want the heavy AA I enjoy aiming but in a console game with AA as a forced mechanic the st should be trained to incorporate What ODIN said about mouse acceleration.
Again you guys are not the majority just loud.

You get that mouse acceleration due using the incorrect settings. Yes 7.7 might correct that but what if is unable to abate the skew horizontal aim and time acceleration that the game developer put in the game. That is even worse than having acceleration... btw is quite amusing that on top of that some of you are using curves (adding more acceleration)  ::)

Don't get me wrong, I open to try a 7.7 ST trained, but Iif AA "feel" reduce if trained at this 7.7 and people will still dial down to 6 or 5 for more aim assist, hence more mouse acceleration.

« Last Edit: 11:32 AM - 03/09/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11:31 AM - 03/09/19 »
Appreciate the correction, you may be right about the 7,7. People who heavily rely on aim assist may do that. But we arenít gonna know until we try. Thatís all atleast that Iím asking is to atleast try a retrain and if people still complain or it gets worse then we know for certain itís not the xim or the settings trained for on the xim. Iíll try 8,8 again and see if I can dial some settings in again. What do you recommend as settings for 8,8.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #29 on: 11:43 AM - 03/09/19 »
If we do a 7,7 we won't replace the current ST. We will supply both (different names) and let the user choose.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.