XIM Community

APEX LEGENDS - AIM ASSIST  (Read 17890 times)

Offline PsYcOx89x

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PsYcO89x
APEX LEGENDS - AIM ASSIST
« on: 05:57 AM - 03/08/19 »
Hi all,

i'll be short and simple...

I tried many configs, some felt good some bad (as usual), but i always try to figure out how ppl kill me every time with an unexpected precision (let's say that i play M/K for 20 years now, and i'm pretty good).

Finally the question: Is it possible that the aim assist in APEX is so high that, compared to a 0 aim (almost) using the xim, results in a disadvantage fighting vs a decent joystick player?

P.s. playing apex for me is extremely frustrating, never happened in my entire life losing so many gunfights!

Offline dynAdZ

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: dynAdZ
Re: APEX LEGENDS - AIM ASSIST
« Reply #1 on: 07:51 AM - 03/08/19 »
Apex Legends feels different than most other games for me, one reason is definitely AA. Usually I'd be playing with 8k DPI (my mouse' maximum), 1000hz PR, ingame movements maxed out, common sync and I'd be good. For this game I'm using 3200 DPI, 250hz, Smoothing 3, ingame sensitivity 7/6. This will give a boost using AA and aiming still feels accurate.
« Last Edit: 08:09 AM - 03/08/19 by dynAdZ »

Offline PsYcOx89x

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PsYcO89x
« Reply #2 on: 09:01 AM - 03/08/19 »
Thanks for the reply!

the rest of the Ingame and xim settings default?

Offline Crushtaculer

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Crushtaculer
« Reply #3 on: 05:00 PM - 03/08/19 »
There are players that are insane with a controller on every shooter.  I dont use xim because it gives me an advantage, I use it because it allows me to use my preferred input method.  That being said I have never felt at a disadvantage in apex and win nearly every 1v1 engagement. Also dont play large heros as they have over double the hitbox size of the female heros.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #4 on: 05:42 PM - 03/08/19 »
I actually like the almost non existent aa bc it helps in 2v1 situations and I very rarely die in a 1v1

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:57 PM - 03/08/19 »
on ingame sensitivity 8/8 you will not have any aim assist, so definitely use 7/7 or other settings if you actually want aim assist
on top of that you can use the following methods to increase or reduce the aim assist:

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66110.0
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:42 AM - 05/12/19 »
I've played on console about 20 years, and i've always wanted to use M & K, just cos that's the next level according to everyone..
So I got a xim apex a couple weeks ago, a logitech G402 and some new shoes (shoes unrelated)..
And i watched every one of the awesome config videos the apex guys put out, those + the nothing but 5 star feedback from the community is what convinced me.
My opinion is thus:- Mouse is definitely better in almost every situ.. I'm still so new/awkward hat I have to think which button does what occasionally and already I can feel it's potential (or rather mine when I've clocked some hours..)

Keyboard, imo, is a disadvantage in a lot of ways, maybe it'll take time but I got a sony nav control & it feels a little better. I've also tried a tonne of settings, but I think something I kinda picked up from the xim setup videos is basically that the AA algorithms are tuned well, and are tuned for controllers. About a third of the videos is how th setup your xim curves etc to resemble console input as much as you can to break into the "A bubble".
I'm still getting fruustrated tho, and I'm starting to think it's this:-

I don't think it's 'cheating' at all to use a M & K on console, but it is taking advantage of the fact a controller is inferior to a mouse in an FPS. But I'm thinking that this 'gap' has gotten alot smaller with apex legends, and I think maybe the dav's were always thinking about those "crossover" rumors that are around, and put in the work so if/when this happens it won't just be PC owners crushing it.

I think that maybe the advantages of mouse have been made less significant, and also that maybe the A 'bablu' can worj against mouse users in some situs

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline jennierubyjane

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: jennierubyjane
  • PSN ID: jennierubyjane
« Reply #7 on: 06:45 AM - 05/12/19 »
Dpi 4000, 500Hz
Common Sync, Hip 18/ADS 18
boost 200 to both (boost is essential bc the initial speed of mouse is slow to get in/out of the AA bubble)
no smoothing no SAB no steady fire(bc none of these do benefit your aiming)
In game sensitivity 7/7

I am a CS player and I have no problems dominating in this game.
I had several 4000+ damage games with this config.

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:12 AM - 05/13/19 »
Awesome, i'll give it a try, thank you
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline MaddinFwsc

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maddin2001
« Reply #9 on: 02:41 AM - 05/16/19 »
Gibt es vllt eine. Curve für starke ziehlhilfe und kann vllt jemand settings posten

Offline synflood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:00 AM - 05/16/19 »
Dpi 4000, 500Hz
boost 200 to both (boost is essential bc the initial speed of mouse is slow to get in/out of the AA bubble)
In game sensitivity 7/7

Everything this guy said was fine until he started using boost and saying SAB doesn't help AA. His general settings will help your general aim but your AA will be as basic as any other setting. Switch SAB to 90 or 100 during ADS and you'll see how absolutely ridiculous AA can get in this game. Want it even worse? Drop in game ADS to 6 or 5 and you can basically let the game play itself. I don't suggest going that extreme, but SAB absolutely helps AA in Apex a ton.

Do not turn on SAB in HIP, only in ADS, or you'll hate your life. If you don't know how to do this, set up everything the way you want it, including all keybinds, then go to ADS and uncheck "inherit" then you will be able to find Simulate Analog Behavior in there.

You want to make sure you do your keybinds before you uncheck inherit because otherwise you'll have to rebind everything for ADS that you did in HIP and that isn't fun.

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:05 AM - 05/21/19 »
I've tried hard to use the st with out aim assist, it's just so heavy and if you don't use it, it can feel nice in the training area. But it won't land shots like the sticky icky aim assist will for anyone else using it. Much to my dismay I use aim assist in this game. 

Offline jennierubyjane

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: jennierubyjane
  • PSN ID: jennierubyjane
« Reply #12 on: 03:19 PM - 05/21/19 »
Dpi 4000, 500Hz
In game sensitivity 7/7

Everything this guy said was fine until he started using boost and saying SAB doesn't help AA. His general settings will help your general aim but your AA will be as basic as any other setting. Switch SAB to 90 or 100 during ADS and you'll see how absolutely ridiculous AA can get in this game. Want it even worse? Drop in game ADS to 6 or 5 and you can basically let the game play itself. I don't suggest going that extreme, but SAB absolutely helps AA in Apex a ton.

Do not turn on SAB in HIP, only in ADS, or you'll hate your life. If you don't know how to do this, set up everything the way you want it, including all keybinds, then go to ADS and uncheck "inherit" then you will be able to find Simulate Analog Behavior in there.

You want to make sure you do your keybinds before you uncheck inherit because otherwise you'll have to rebind everything for ADS that you did in HIP and that isn't fun.

Oops, I didn't know it was a topic all about maximizing AA, because any decent players would try hard to eliminate it (without entirely losing it). I thought OP was just frustrated to get a good configuration so I tried to give mine. No offense but, AA is for the handicapped and why do you even bother to maximize it (and act like a douchebag) ?

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:25 PM - 05/21/19 »
Dpi 4000, 500Hz
In game sensitivity 7/7

isnt common sync only efficient with games that run constant 60fps?

Offline 2trikky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:20 PM - 05/22/19 »

Switch SAB to 90 or 100 during ADS and you'll see how absolutely ridiculous AA can get in this game. Want it even worse? Drop in game ADS to 6 or 5 and you can basically let the game play itself. I don't suggest going that extreme, but SAB absolutely helps AA in Apex a ton.

It’s not even fair with SAB and common sync.

Admin