XIM Community

Something like hair triggers for the xim? @obsiv  (Read 893 times)

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LETS UPDATE FIRMWARE RANDOMLY
Something like hair triggers for the xim? @obsiv
« on: 04:19 AM - 03/06/19 »
Is there a way to make the ADS( aim down sight) and shooting more responsive, because when I shoot,or aim in I can feel a minor delay, but it definitely gets me killed half of the time. Something like hair triggers on a controller make the controller more responsive when playing fps games. I mainly play fps games as well and the delay it has after I click the M1, or M2 (mouse1/mouse2) is kind of irritating, because I play competitively. Here's an example :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aPCcMN8U9s ( I'm clicking my mouse loud for you to hear it btw )

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
Re: Something like hair triggers for the xim? @obsiv
« Reply #1 on: 04:21 AM - 03/06/19 »
https://twitter.com/TBGSenpai/status/1103216963160080384 Watch before I die at the end of this video. I tried to shoot at 0:21, but the registration was too late. Plus my internet is garbage.

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:20 PM - 03/06/19 »
BUMP

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #3 on: 09:34 PM - 03/06/19 »
Hair triggers are only for controller triggers, mouse buttons are instant 0-100 there should be no delay at all

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 03:12 AM - 03/07/19 »
ADS delay is part of the game engine and has to do with animation length of that specific weapon, e.g Snipers have  a longer ADS animation time than an SMG.

And as above, mouse buttons are digital, not analog, so they're already hair triggers.

Garbage internet doesn't help.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:35 AM - 03/07/19 »
In the YouTube video you can clearly hear the delay from when I click my mouse and when the gun actually shoots. When I use my controller there is no delay when I press the triggers. I know there's no such thing as hair triggers on a mouse (obviously). The xim has a delay on inputs as well and not just mouse movement I guess.

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:36 AM - 03/07/19 »
Hair triggers are only for controller triggers, mouse buttons are instant 0-100 there should be no delay at all

Go watch the YouTube video and you'll hear the delay.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 04:41 PM - 03/07/19 »
XIM has 1ms input lag, that's 8 x faster than an XB1 controller and 4 x faster than a PS4 controller.

It's not the XIM, it'll either be your mouse or internet lag causing the delay. BO4 has horrendous netcode. Couple that with garbage internet and you may be getting 100ms of input lag. Also, things feel much more sensitive when using a mouse vs controller, so factor that in.

I watched the video and there is definitely lag there, so it's not in your head. If anything, that looks like display lag. Are you using game mode on your screen?

Anything above 16ms display lag (one frame at 60FPS) on a screen is going to be noticeable on console. Please also note, don't misinterpret grey-to-grey numbers from display manufacturers as the display lag value. The fastest screen on planet Earth is 8ms. The fastest TV is around 12ms. Most TVs are closer to 50ms.

If you're concerned that the XIM is causing the lag, reset it to factory default and setup your game config again.
« Last Edit: 04:47 PM - 03/07/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:40 PM - 03/07/19 »
XIM has 1ms input lag, that's 8 x faster than an XB1 controller and 4 x faster than a PS4 controller.

It's not the XIM, it'll either be your mouse or internet lag causing the delay. BO4 has horrendous netcode. Couple that with garbage internet and you may be getting 100ms of input lag. Also, things feel much more sensitive when using a mouse vs controller, so factor that in.

I watched the video and there is definitely lag there, so it's not in your head. If anything, that looks like display lag. Are you using game mode on your screen?

Anything above 16ms display lag (one frame at 60FPS) on a screen is going to be noticeable on console. Please also note, don't misinterpret grey-to-grey numbers from display manufacturers as the display lag value. The fastest screen on planet Earth is 8ms. The fastest TV is around 12ms. Most TVs are closer to 50ms.

If you're concerned that the XIM is causing the lag, reset it to factory default and setup your game config again.

I'm not online in the youtube video. I'm host on a local network. I was talking about garbage internet in the Twitter clip. Also is there a way to find out if you're having 1st display lag, or if it's input lag. I have a BenQ rl2455hm. It doesn't have a game mode, it has an instant mode, which I have on.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 07:09 PM - 03/07/19 »
Thereís definitely lag there, from something. XIM is much more responsive than in your video, so Iíd either do a factory reset, or test a different mouse.

If you open XIM Manager on iOS or Android but donít edit a game, you can see the response of mouse and kb presses registering on XIM and it should be instant.

What mouse & keyboard are you using?

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #10 on: 07:24 PM - 03/07/19 »
What is your ads delay set at?

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:37 PM - 03/07/19 »
Thereís definitely lag there, from something. XIM is much more responsive than in your video, so Iíd either do a factory reset, or test a different mouse.

If you open XIM Manager on iOS or Android but donít edit a game, you can see the response of mouse and kb presses registering on XIM and it should be instant.

What mouse & keyboard are you using?
Logitech G502 and for my keyboard Razer chroma

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:38 PM - 03/07/19 »
What is your ads delay set at?
125 and ADS delay has nothing to do with shooting. It's based off of you aiming down your gun.

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:59 PM - 03/07/19 »
I'm also using the SA4 firmware instead. Could that be the problem?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #14 on: 10:14 PM - 03/07/19 »
Doubtful, SA firmwares are very well received.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were on XIM4. It operates at 8ms, not 1ms. That doesn't explain the amount of lag you're experiencing.

My gut still says it's the game or the network. I've used XIMs for nearly 9 years and have never had input delay like that in any game.