XIM Community

Different mouse pad causes spin out?  (Read 198 times)

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
Different mouse pad causes spin out?
« on: 05:01 PM - 03/05/19 »
Yesterday when I was playing I tested multiple different hard mouse pads, Corsair mm400, mm600, and G440. When I used the both the Corsair mm400 and mm600 my crosshair spun out and my character was aiming at the ceiling or ground. But when I used the G440 I had no issues. I was using a G pro wireless with the receiver extremely close on all 3 mouse pads. I used a duster on the surface of all 3 mouse pads and the bottom of the G pro wireless so it wasnít dust or debris that caused the issue.

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
Re: Different mouse pad causes spin out?
« Reply #1 on: 08:08 PM - 03/05/19 »
looking up or down is from not moving mouse straight across I think.  If you push your mouse out and up your gun goes down and vise versa. how I check to test spin out is do a 360 with mouse marking the start point and end point, it should be super close every time unless you mouse is spinning out. lol

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:20 PM - 03/05/19 »
Maybe it wasnít spin out then but the cursor definitively had a spasm on both Corsair pads. On the Logitech pad it seemed fine but I may need to play more and see if it happens on the Logitech pad too because then I know that itís a problem with the mouse/XIM and not the mouse pad
« Last Edit: 12:27 AM - 03/06/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 08:12 AM - 03/06/19 »
Console look mechanics don't allow for a mouse to spin out due to turn speed limits, acceleration, positional coordinates (range of -100.00 to +100.00) etc. Totally different from PC, so it'll be something else.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:11 PM - 03/06/19 »
so it'll be something else.
Yeah Iím not sure what to call it, but i was just walking forward in overwatch and suddenly my crosshair freaked out and started going all over the place without input from me. This only happened when I used Corsair hard pads. The Logitech hard pad was fine and so is the Roccat one that Iíve used frequently. Maybe my mouse just doesnít track well on the Corsair hard pads? At least I still have 2 pads that it works on. It is a little concerning tho because i wanted to buy XTRFY gp3 hard pad but thereís a chance my mouse wonít work on it
« Last Edit: 04:18 PM - 03/06/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 04:16 PM - 03/06/19 »
You're right, my guess is the sensor simply doesn't like the information that's bouncing back from the Corsair pads and it's causing tracking issues.

Obvious question, but did you tune the mouse to the surface?

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:27 PM - 03/06/19 »
did you tune the mouse to the surface?
Nah Iíve always just left it on factory default in Logitech software. I actually donít even think G pro wireless has surface tuning as an option in the Logitech software.

Edit:
According to LogitechG reddit, G pro wireless has auto surface tuning built in so that is why it isnít an option in Logitech software.
« Last Edit: 04:36 PM - 03/06/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »