XIM Community

XIM4 Stuttering - is this normal or am I just being to picky?  (Read 597 times)

Offline ZombieKillaDave

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ZombieKillaDave
Hey XIMers,

PS4 / XIM4 (3 years old) / Frag Chuck / G502 / currently only playing Cod BO4 set to 14/Insane

I have just purchased a Logitech G502 and i like it for sure but i feel like im missing something with the setup..

I was using a Razor Naga Chrome before (8200DPI) my ADS and Hip were both 25 with that mouse and i remember it being ok, maybe a small amount of stuttering..

My new G502 is 16000DPI and i still need ADS and Hip set to 20 at least to keep the turn speed i had before, surely thats not right? also i have definate stuttering..

Mouse is set up with only one profile and only one DPI setting (16000) the polling it 1000 at this stage but find same result with both 1k and 500.

Has anyone got a similar set up managed to completely remove all stuttering?

Chuurrs,

Zombie.
« Last Edit: 09:50 PM - 02/27/19 by ZombieKillaDave »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
With that DPI and sensitivity combination I would expect some jitter. Keep an eye on XIM while moving your mouse, if you're reaching the turn speed limit too soon into your swipe this is a good indicator to reduce XIM sensitivity or slow your swipe speed. Another step that can help is to test using another surface with your mouse such as a blank sheet of print paper.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Jitter is typically environmental. Max DPI detects minor imperfections, such as fibres, dirt or dust particles in a cloth pad.

If you're going max DPI consider using a hard pad. Alternately, drop DPI down to 3-4K on cloth and dial up your XIM sensitivity.

Also, be sure to tune your mouse to your pad.

There's a lot more you can do to combat jitter on a XIM Apex, but that's enough to get started on XIM 4.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ZombieKillaDave

• View Profile

Thanks for the replies, I have lowered my sesitivity in xim4 to around 13 at the moment, seems slightly better but still a little Jittery.

I will try a different surface for my mouse tonight, i have been using my table as the mouse pad, although the table is nice and smooth and freshly sanded.

Im contemplating lowering my sensitivity on the xim4 a bit more and then adding a curve for fast turning, maybe this will help, the only time i notice the jittering is a slow speed movement. 

I have read that the apex is not that much better in overall performance, are you suggesting it is alot better? ie smother movement?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
XIM sensitivity isn't as important as DPI for jitter. Adjust DPI, then XIM sensitivity.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline ZombieKillaDave

• View Profile
I feel like the general consensus is DPI to the max... would you say otherwise?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
I feel like the general consensus is DPI to the max... would you say otherwise?
It's not the consensus for XIM veterans and highly-ranked competitive players. You'll find the full gamette of DPI values used from 800 DPI to 16K. It honestly boils down to personal preference and what feels right for you.

There are diminishing returns for sensor tracking after 3-4K DPI, so it's recommended as the sweet spot for most games. This allows us to take advantage of aim assist and removes jitter, for those that experience it at max DPI.

In some games like Black Ops 4 with a prominent aim assist bubble, it can act as a repellent rather than attractant, and max DPI is recommended to help cut-through into the hitbox.

In your case given you're getting noticeable jitter, max DPI is a bad idea. Either try a hardpad, or drop DPI down to 3-4K and see if the jitter resolves. Tracking performance is highly unlikely to be worse, but you may feel AA more (which can be good or bad).

I personally setup a number of DPI stages on my mice for testing at 800, 1600, 3200, 6400 and 12K, and change between them depending on the game (mostly based on AA behaviour).

Admin