XIM Community

Moving to XBOX ONE X with xim apex  (Read 346 times)

Offline Odedgal67

• View Profile
Moving to XBOX ONE X with xim apex
« on: 06:18 AM - 02/27/19 »
Hey guys, I am now using the xim apex on my XBOX ONE and it works perfectly. I want to upgrade to a new XBOX ONE X, and I would like to know if the xim apex will still work perfectly on the new XBOX ONE X.

Waiting for your answers to decide whether to buy the XBOX ONE X or not because I just dont enjoy playing with controller as much as I enjoy playing with xim apex and I would not like to spend more money on a new console if I would not be able to play on it with the mouse and keyboard as perfectly as I could on the old console :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to XBOX ONE X with xim apex
« Reply #1 on: 10:01 AM - 02/27/19 »
Yes, APEX supports all variants of it's supported console platforms.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:10 PM - 02/27/19 »
yeah, work perfect, but  I wouldn't waste the money. I play on the 1x because I spent the extra money but its no better than my son's reg xbox . Ive got the Samsung Q8 55" tv that allows 120hz at 1440 , but I cant tell a real big difference. lol I would wait for the new one to come out.

Offline Odedgal67

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:40 AM - 02/28/19 »
No difference in FPS and performence???

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:44 AM - 02/28/19 »
No difference in FPS and performence???
                    not that I can tell!

Offline AHPandy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:55 PM - 02/28/19 »

Your res would be a tight 1080p for non 4k tvers, plus a steady frame rate also. Loading from any hard drive is faster and the U.I is more smooth.

I compared the Witcher 3 on the X and the One, and i can see a very noticeable difference in performance.

My conclusion would be the X is what the One should of been in regards to specs.

I have a 55 Samsung 4k HDR10 and the difference is huge!

Ultimately the X is built for 4k rendering and is certainly worth the upgrade if you considered investing in a 4k TV. 8K is looming in our future soon, as 4k TV's and monitors are getting produced everywhere. Qled & Oled's justify the 4k rendering as well.  If you ever seen the x running in a 4k HDR10 TV, i'm sure the jaw will drop!!.

Offline Odedgal67

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:05 AM - 03/01/19 »
And if I only have a 1080p tv and not a 4k tv? Will the performence be noticebly better?

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:31 AM - 03/01/19 »

Your res would be a tight 1080p for non 4k tvers, plus a steady frame rate also. Loading from any hard drive is faster and the U.I is more smooth.

I compared the Witcher 3 on the X and the One, and i can see a very noticeable difference in performance.

My conclusion would be the X is what the One should of been in regards to specs.

I have a 55 Samsung 4k HDR10 and the difference is huge!

Ultimately the X is built for 4k rendering and is certainly worth the upgrade if you considered investing in a 4k TV. 8K is looming in our future soon, as 4k TV's and monitors are getting produced everywhere. Qled & Oled's justify the 4k rendering as well.  If you ever seen the x running in a 4k HDR10 TV, i'm sure the jaw will drop!!.
           and I've got the new Samsung 55 Q series , the best tv Samsung makes, 1080 dpi is still 1080 dpi. it looks like S%^T any way you slice it. lol

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:39 AM - 03/01/19 »
And if I only have a 1080p tv and not a 4k tv? Will the performence be noticebly better?
  I think it would depend on what you want, if you want a little better graphics , the 1x has a little better. I'm a COD player, its one gun fight after another.   do you get any benefit in performance with the x, not from what I can tell.  and I wouldn't play a COD type game in 4k on tv because it increases the input lag , I care more about doing better in the match than if the res is a little better.
« Last Edit: 07:57 AM - 03/01/19 by slickrick »

Offline AHPandy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:47 PM - 03/03/19 »

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x-supersampling