XIM Community

CoolerMaster MM830  (Read 210 times)

Offline Someone1981m

• View Profile
CoolerMaster MM830
« on: 02:02 PM - 02/23/19 »
CoolerMaster recently launched an inventive new gaming mouse with a D-pad on it. As you all could guess that sounds amazing for use with a console and the XIM4.

So here is my question: Is there any chance the CoolerMaster MM830 mouse is going to be supported by the XIM4?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: CoolerMaster MM830
« Reply #1 on: 04:51 PM - 02/23/19 »
Welcome to the community. If it reports as a standard mouse that doesn't require software or drivers it may be compatible now. The side buttons will most likely need to have the ability to be reassigned as keyboard keys and retain these assignments when not used on a PC. Logitech and most Corsair products are known to have this capability but we can't be certain without testing.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Someone1981m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:08 AM - 02/24/19 »
It does have  software to program the buttons, so it is not standard. As far as I can tell the profiles are not stored on the mouse itself, like Logitech does.

I tried to map the keys, but if I press the D-pad in any direction it just registers as one key, and displays some kind of error.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:40 AM - 02/25/19 »
Thanks for the extra information. It sounds like this mouse is not going to be compatible. I'm not aware of plans to bring compatibility to new devices but I can add a note for this in the hardware list.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:02 PM - 06/11/19 »
Did anyone confirm this mouse doesnt have onboard memory?