XIM Community

Sensitivity  (Read 290 times)

Online Mb1966

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mbooze1966
Sensitivity
« on: 07:10 PM - 02/22/19 »
Why can’t we use game sensitivity instead of xim manager sensitivity?

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
Re: Sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: 10:13 PM - 02/22/19 »
You can. The ST is trained at max settings so they are recommending for optimal performance. If you want to adjust in game and think it's fine then go ahead.
SteelSeries Rival 650-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox One X-PS4 Pro

Online Mb1966

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mbooze1966
« Reply #2 on: 03:52 PM - 02/23/19 »
Seems that titan 1-2, Cronus max, Crosshair & any other adapters require you to max out in game sensitivity & mouse dpi.
I’m just curious how & why it all works!
I’ve been tweaking xim for years and I always end up back where I started!
“No Tweaks”
Which is actually my favorite setting. Lol
Only the sensitivity doesn’t feel right!
It doesn’t feel quite like console nor PC.
So... I figure if I understood how & why it works.
I could stop “Tweaking” and adjust the sensitivities ( In-Game, Mouse Dpi, Xim ST) needed to achieve the effect I want. Which is either true PC. or true console sensitivity.
Would be great if I could have a chat with one of the development team to get some insight...

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #3 on: 06:23 PM - 02/23/19 »
It’s really more about finding your sens and sticking with it to build muscle memory. It won’t ever truly feel like pc as the controls are emulated plus controller limitations. So finding your sense and sticking with it are the best way to learn to ride your turn speeds. For the most part people use high dpi to counter aim assist. I know most converters will say a minimum dpi to use and I believe most are around the 5000 mark. If you think high dpi is too much use around 4000. High dpi is good but comes with jitters at least in my experience. But with smoothing you can take most of if not all of that away. I do play some games not on in game max settings and they play fine to me. It’s all about what works for you.
SteelSeries Rival 650-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox One X-PS4 Pro