XIM Community

For those struggling with Apex Legends, lower ADS sens and use these setting  (Read 13743 times)

Offline ChrisCohen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CrucibleChris
To give you some context, I was, pretty much, a Destiny no-lifer. 4 KAD, Legend every season, Unbroken title etc. So I have solid aim, map awareness etc.

I switched to Apex Legends and my God was it frustrating. I couldn't land shots that I was sure were hitting, I felt like there was some weird AA glitch going on and I just watched as my friends got 15+ kill games and I was lucky to get 3.

I spent AGES playing, tweaking, reading posts here and trying to work out where I was going wrong. It's only in the last few days I've stumbled across settings I love as well as making a huge revelation in terms of the way this game plays.

First up my settings.

Hardware: Logitech G502 Hero at 3200 dpi (1000hz), cloth pad, Xim Apex using latest Beta Firmware, 125hz polling.

In game: 7/6, High Velocity Curve, FOV 87. Look Deadzone 'None', Small for movement.

Xim Apex settings:

Sync: Common

Hip: 37.50
Y/X - 0.95
Boost: 30

ADS: 15
Y/X: 1.3
Boost: 100
Steady Aim: 6

The biggest, BIGGEST revelation I made personally, was hugely scaling down the ADS sensitivity. I was so used to an almost 1:1 hip to ADS on Destiny but just found when using that in Apex Legends I would have shots perfectly lined up, even in close range gunfights with Wingman, and they just wouldn't land. It was infuriating. However, as soon as I really reduced that ADS sense, my shots just land. I thought the gun was broken but couldn't work out why all my friends were wrecking with it.

I firmly believe this game plays much better with a thicker, sludgier ADS speed.

I really hope this helps some of you who have been feeling as frustrated as I have.

Shout if you have any questions!
« Last Edit: 01:53 AM - 02/21/19 by ChrisCohen »
XIM Apex | Aorus AD27QD | Pad: Steelseries QCK Heavy | Sony Dualshock (left hand side!) | A: SteelSeries Arctis Pro with GameDAC | M: G502 Hero | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 |

Offline Jaxstevens

• View Profile
What dpi are you running?

Thanks for the settings I plan on trying them out in the morning :D

Offline Latvian Janis

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Latvian Janis
Yea seems like really nice settings, what DPI are you using, and you using 500hz or 1000hz?

Offline ChrisCohen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CrucibleChris
What dpi are you running?

Thanks for the settings I plan on trying them out in the morning :D

I've updated the main post for you!
XIM Apex | Aorus AD27QD | Pad: Steelseries QCK Heavy | Sony Dualshock (left hand side!) | A: SteelSeries Arctis Pro with GameDAC | M: G502 Hero | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 |

Offline Grarrg

• View Profile
Going to give it a try, thanks.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
Your probably not hitting shots bc your using high velocity curve, and deadZone set to none, along with steady aim set to 5