XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20190217] [Manager 20190217]  (Read 38503 times)

Offline AspecRatio

• View Profile
i can no longer use this on my ipad now as it requires ios 11
can i just use a older app ?  not sure if i can
any advice would be great

Offline YogurtcuBayram

• View Profile
I play fortnite. There is a problem , the auto sprint does not work after jumping from the bus. Now I have to press W and if i press W can't go in the linear direction with auto sprint. SAB:0
Ps4 Pro
Logitech G502
Corsair K68
Steelseries qck+

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
i can no longer use this on my ipad now as it requires ios 11
can i just use a older app ?  not sure if i can
any advice would be great

Unfortunately this is a requirement to submit new apps to the store. We do have the IPAs of the older available if you'd like to use them.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Knaledge

• View Profile
I’m sorry if this feels like pestering: any thoughts on the K63 keyboard issue? (wireless no longer works on XIM Apex with the K63’s latest firmware update). It’s been said that this may be XIM’s purview / that you might be the one to fix it. Any truth to that?

I wasn't aware of this. When did this firmware update come out and what did they say they changed?
Sorry I missed this reply!

The long/short of it is; Corsair updated the K63 Wireless' firmware to 3.07 sometime in mid-2018. They did not post a changelog, though users report better battery life and better responsiveness to keystrokes. Also the new iCUE is pretty good, compared to the old CUE (2.2x), which is pretty terrible (and can't be used with firmware 1.02 - you have to upgrade).

That said, I have purchased two K63 keyboards - one was running firmware 1.02, the other 3.07. Both were purchased within 1 week of one another. The K63 running 3.07 absolutely does not work *wirelessly* with the XIM Apex, while the K63 running 1.02 does work *wirelessly* with the XIM Apex.

The XIM Apex itself is running the Jan 2019 beta, as is the iOS app.

The one difference I am able to spot: the 3.07 wireless receiver appears multiple times in the XIM Manager's hud for the current profile (when on the app's main view, showing which profile is loaded). The XIM Manager seems to list a new entry for the K63's wireless receiver every time the keyboard is turned off/on (perhaps when the wireless connection between keyboard and receiver is established).

The K63 running 1.02 does not do this (and simply reports a single instance of the wireless receiver, as expected, in the XIM Manager's hud).

I updated the K63 running 1.02 to 3.07 and confirmed the behavior. I then downgraded that K63 back to 1.02 (and this is sort of a pain in the @#$%).

I'll add a few links below.

If this *is* something that can be addressed by XIM, I'm sure many (many) people would be very grateful - myself included.

xim k63 wireless

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60666.0

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=72204.0
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=988563
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=72808.0
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=63240.45
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=72733.0
« Last Edit: 03:54 PM - 02/23/19 by Knaledge »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Can you please verify your keyboard works in all modes on your PC for configuring it's BIOS?

Offline Knaledge

• View Profile
Can you please verify your keyboard works in all modes on your PC for configuring it's BIOS?

Both keyboard work in all modes, in all firmware versions (1.02, 3.07) , when configuring BIOS (or EFI on Mac).

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok they must have changed it in a way that isn't common or potentially unsupported in the USB standard (especially since it's showing up multiple times now in XIM). These manufacturers only check if it works on Windows when making changes.

We can look at it, but, it's going to take some time unfortunately. Plus we are going to have to buy the keyboard.

Offline Knaledge

• View Profile
Ok they must have changed it in a way that isn't common or potentially unsupported in the USB standard (especially since it's showing up multiple times now in XIM). These manufacturers only check if it works on Windows when making changes.

We can look at it, but, it's going to take some time unfortunately. Plus we are going to have to buy the keyboard.

Your help and attention is sincerely appreciated! Is there anything I may do to help? One of these two K63s is intended to be sent to my friend as a care package of sorts, as mouse and keyboard makes gaming a bit more accessible to him. That's still about a month~ out, as I'm still putting choices together (though the XIM Apex will be one of them, eventually).

I would be happy to send one of the two along to you in the meantime, or donate one to your team. 

Either way, thanks again for your time.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Like others before me, after updating to this new build, from 20190119, Manager now crashes on exit (with back button) on my Android S8.  Previous build did not do this.
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Like others before me, after updating to this new build, from 20190119, Manager now crashes on exit (with back button) on my Android S8.  Previous build did not do this.

Thanks. I've tracked down the issue and fixed it -- an update will go out hopefully soon.

For anyone interested, it was a JNI (Java Native Interface) threading interop with C++ race condition -- as you can imagine from that description, it was hard to debug. :)

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
Can you please add a direct download to the APK file to the Manager 20180528 downloads thread after this newer manager gets pushed to Play Store?
Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2 TKL | Glorious Model O Wireless | Corsair MM350

Xbox Series X | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S | PS3 | Xbox 360

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Top 500 Overwatch | Apex Predator | SBMM ruins games

Offline Mike69

• View Profile
Is there going to be a tutorial video of this new bta?

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
Can you please add a direct download to the APK file to the Manager 20180528 downloads thread after this newer manager gets pushed to Play Store?

Me too please.

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
I Update both and i cant connect because my fire tablet dont have GPS locator. Any ideas how i can use the New beta? GPS fake locator do not work because the apps say i have to activate GPS but i dont have GPS...

Same issue. I do not get the prompt after installing that I used to get with previous versions asking me to enable location services. When I go to settings location services it is enabled on my device and also enabled specifically for the xim manager too. The manager doesnt even try to connect to the xim. I instantly get a red screen. I can see the xim from my bluetooth settings but it will not let me connect. Can I use the previous beta xim manager with the newer firmware? Using fire hd10. This was not an issue on previous versions and this new version works with my note 9. I just like to leave my tablet on while playing to display the xim manager.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Unfortunately this is the new requirement of the Play store. I'll try to figure out how to make this work when you don't have a GPS locator. It's so ridiculous that Google now requires this stuff.

Admin