XIM Community

Use XIM Link software and Cable to send key presses without XIM Apex?  (Read 236 times)

Offline twohit

• View Profile
Good morning, I would like to utilize XIM Link and the belkin easy transfer cable listed to send normal data from my keyboard through my pc, through the belkin easy transfer cable, in to my nintendo switch via the usb port.

Currently the Nintendo switch allows usb keyboards to be used for typing in games. I would like to use one keyboard attached to my pc for that purpose. I would also like to make use of Auto hot key in this process too.

As I am currently using a keyboard to type out the phrase "WTS something something something bacon something" once every 5 minutes or so, this would be used to automate that typing process. (this is an edit to explain my intention)

Is this possible? Or do I need a XIM Apex to even have the switch receive data from the XIM link software via the pc through the easy transfer cable?

Thank you
« Last Edit: 01:45 PM - 02/19/19 by twohit »

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
Right now Link only works with the transfer cable and Apex. So short answer to this is no. It is not possible, at least currently.

But the same reason got me thinking how could I do this. Because I would also need to get rid of my riven mods and other stuff. I have few ideas for the keyboard passthrough, but none of those are not quickly done and also would need the data to be passed through some other device, not the XIM.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Titan Two. It's Nintendo Switch compatible and can pass through keyboards, mice and joysticks from PC to console.

Titan Two comes with its own macro / mod programming language GPC2, which is a subset of C. I guess you could pass through AHK, though I've never tried and don't know for certain.
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline twohit

• View Profile
Right now Link only works with the transfer cable and Apex. So short answer to this is no. It is not possible, at least currently.

But the same reason got me thinking how could I do this. Because I would also need to get rid of my riven mods and other stuff. I have few ideas for the keyboard passthrough, but none of those are not quickly done and also would need the data to be passed through some other device, not the XIM.

LOL you knew the exact game I was thinking of using this on too:D
I see what you are saying here though. It sounds like the software on the computer needs to send the data through the link cable and then the link cable needs something to read it on the other side and translate it before it gets to the console.

I was initially thinking of using a hardware based profile on some macro/gaming keyboard, but spending $100 just for that seemed silly.

Offline twohit

• View Profile
So looking in to this further, I may consider going the route of USB OTG via an android device with an app or using a laptop connected to a Bluetooth receiver. I'll let you know if I dig up anything useful, if you are interested:)