XIM Community

MY best setup for Apex Ledgends *Updated 07/07/19  (Read 49541 times)

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
Re: Best setup for Apex Ledgends
« Reply #285 on: 08:51 AM - 04/04/19 »
Its the same.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 09:07 AM - 04/04/19 »
It could have just been network lagging hitting me really bad. It's all over the place with this game. One night hit detection is really solid, others I have to lead targets that are strafing by a good bit.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 12:52 PM - 04/04/19 »
Why it's best not to rely on AA using a xim
For a number of reasons.

• Turns into a crutch
  • You will never develop muscle memory, and if you change to PC you are going to suffer without a it
  • When you pick a new game you will spent many hours trying different settings to get a Aim Assist performance that you are used to from other games with different AA implementations, just "to feel it right". That's why there is A LOT of threads similar on the forum
  • This is aggravated every time the game developer change something on its game AA, ask to Fortnite players
  • If you game has poor netcode/performance, AA hurts more than helps. You are getting aim lock-on into an enemy when in reality (due lag) he is not in that exact frame, lagging your shots
  • If you are aiming to a clump of enemies, AA doesn't let you snap freely between targets
  • These points leads to a truth: to get the most of your XIM, you should be go AA OFF to get into beast mode or Goku's Ultra Instinct in your young terms ;). But unfortunately not all games has a good aim/look mechanic

In short AA is a quick easy advantage, with many drawbacks in your aim performance.
AA OFF requires hard work and practice, without any drawbacks in your aim performance.
Guess which is more popular? ;)

Not judging, I'm not a AA-OFF police XD hehehe I believe everyone should use they things as they pleased. I do like to mock people abusing AA on PC, there is no compassion for those :P

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 01:05 PM - 04/04/19 »
i don't know about you guys, but eveything for me feels the same. granted i'm using a different settings.

Can I suggest something a bit radical?.

I call this my "Alchemy" setup, works in some games to get a helpful aim assist, is a no-official way to use XIM, you should set your game zoom sensitivity to 50%. At ADS Subconfig = double of your XIM HIP sensivitiy , and change the Smart translator from ADS to HIP.

For AL this translates to:

Sensitivity = 7
Sensitivity (ADS) = 4
Classic, Small.
Now. on XIM Manager, ADS Sensitivity = Double your HIP Sensitivity. Use the HIP Translator instead.
e.g.
If you HIP = 10.0,
On your ADS Subconfig:
Set your ADS sens = 20.0
and change the Smart Translator from ADS to HIP.

If you feel the ADS too fast lower it a bit (on the XIM Manager, let your in-game settings alone)

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
« Reply #289 on: 03:54 PM - 04/04/19 »
24 hip (0 boost) / 19 ads (200 boost) 3200/500hz Default. NO advanced settings. Btw do not play with 6 aa. You will be throwing. I was

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 06:25 AM - 04/05/19 »
 :)

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 06:58 AM - 04/05/19 »
:)
Does this mean you are building a config/curve?!
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline JE77

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 09:36 AM - 04/05/19 »

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #293 on: 11:38 AM - 04/05/19 »

Offline JE77

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 02:07 PM - 04/10/19 »
A lot of people have reached out to me and to be honest I have done a lot of testing. I ALWAYS end up going back to my original settings that I posted on here months ago... I have tried numerous settings and configs and I always think I like them at first, but they never remain consistent.

My old settings that I have been using have won me multiple tournaments and a lot of side money that is very nice ;)

Anyways I am not going to brag about my stats, no need for that, just letting you guys know which settings/config I have been using with plenty of 20+ kill games

any questions just LMK

Here they are again... I just copied and pasted it back on here for reference

DPI 3200      1000Hz/1000hz
IN GAME- 7,7 FOV 90 (what feels comfortable) look dead zone- small (default) CURVE- Classic
SYNC- Default
XIM- HIP-37 ADS-37 ( I have kept these values the same... FEELS AMAZING)
***NEW BOOST- 60 for both HIP + ADS
« Last Edit: 02:18 PM - 04/10/19 by JE77 »

Offline Kuzzad

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 04:50 AM - 04/11/19 »

Offline Orisie

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 05:46 AM - 04/11/19 »
A lot of people have reached out to me and to be honest I have done a lot of testing. I ALWAYS end up going back to my original settings that I posted on here months ago... I have tried numerous settings and configs and I always think I like them at first, but they never remain consistent.

My old settings that I have been using have won me multiple tournaments and a lot of side money that is very nice ;)

Anyways I am not going to brag about my stats, no need for that, just letting you guys know which settings/config I have been using with plenty of 20+ kill games

any questions just LMK

IN GAME- 7,7 FOV 90 (what feels comfortable) look dead zone- small (default) CURVE- Classic
SYNC- Default

Hello, just wondering do you have set up any advanced game setting ? Play with AA or without them.

do you have some auxilery option (health/inventory/looting) for  your settings  ?

I am newbie in using xim apex so looking for the best setting for me and want it to some templeate

Thank you

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #297 on: 08:30 AM - 04/11/19 »
I do like to mock people abusing AA on PC, there is no compassion for those :P
This is where you and I differ fundamentally, Alan.

I love to mock people who abuse AA on PC.  8)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline JE77

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 11:00 AM - 04/11/19 »

any questions just LMK

SYNC- Default

Hello, just wondering do you have set up any advanced game setting ? Play with AA or without them.

do you have some auxilery option (health/inventory/looting) for  your settings  ?

I am newbie in using xim apex so looking for the best setting for me and want it to some templeate

Thank you

Nope, itís about as simple as it gets, I use a Sony nav btw

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 11:02 AM - 04/11/19 »

any questions just LMK

SYNC- Default

This is what I am using now (102 FOV) as well and it's still solid. I haven't changed anything so I can retain that muscle memory.

Using this I was able to get a 21 kill game with 3800+ damage.