XIM Community

MY best setup for Apex Ledgends *Updated 07/07/19  (Read 60218 times)

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
Re: Best setup for Apex Ledgends
« Reply #285 on: 08:51 AM - 04/04/19 »
Its the same.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 09:07 AM - 04/04/19 »
It could have just been network lagging hitting me really bad. It's all over the place with this game. One night hit detection is really solid, others I have to lead targets that are strafing by a good bit.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 12:52 PM - 04/04/19 »
Why it's best not to rely on AA using a xim
For a number of reasons.

• Turns into a crutch
  • You will never develop muscle memory, and if you change to PC you are going to suffer without a it
  • When you pick a new game you will spent many hours trying different settings to get a Aim Assist performance that you are used to from other games with different AA implementations, just "to feel it right". That's why there is A LOT of threads similar on the forum
  • This is aggravated every time the game developer change something on its game AA, ask to Fortnite players
  • If you game has poor netcode/performance, AA hurts more than helps. You are getting aim lock-on into an enemy when in reality (due lag) he is not in that exact frame, lagging your shots
  • If you are aiming to a clump of enemies, AA doesn't let you snap freely between targets
  • These points leads to a truth: to get the most of your XIM, you should be go AA OFF to get into beast mode or Goku's Ultra Instinct in your young terms ;). But unfortunately not all games has a good aim/look mechanic

In short AA is a quick easy advantage, with many drawbacks in your aim performance.
AA OFF requires hard work and practice, without any drawbacks in your aim performance.
Guess which is more popular? ;)

Not judging, I'm not a AA-OFF police XD hehehe I believe everyone should use they things as they pleased. I do like to mock people abusing AA on PC, there is no compassion for those :P

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 01:05 PM - 04/04/19 »
i don't know about you guys, but eveything for me feels the same. granted i'm using a different settings.

Can I suggest something a bit radical?.

I call this my "Alchemy" setup, works in some games to get a helpful aim assist, is a no-official way to use XIM, you should set your game zoom sensitivity to 50%. At ADS Subconfig = double of your XIM HIP sensivitiy , and change the Smart translator from ADS to HIP.

For AL this translates to:

Sensitivity = 7
Sensitivity (ADS) = 4
Classic, Small.
Now. on XIM Manager, ADS Sensitivity = Double your HIP Sensitivity. Use the HIP Translator instead.
e.g.
If you HIP = 10.0,
On your ADS Subconfig:
Set your ADS sens = 20.0
and change the Smart Translator from ADS to HIP.

If you feel the ADS too fast lower it a bit (on the XIM Manager, let your in-game settings alone)

Offline Maria

• MVP
  • He / Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 03:54 PM - 04/04/19 »
24 hip (0 boost) / 19 ads (200 boost) 3200/500hz Default. NO advanced settings. Btw do not play with 6 aa. You will be throwing. I was

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 06:25 AM - 04/05/19 »
 :)

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 06:58 AM - 04/05/19 »
:)
Does this mean you are building a config/curve?!
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline JE77

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 09:36 AM - 04/05/19 »

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #293 on: 11:38 AM - 04/05/19 »

Offline JE77

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 02:07 PM - 04/10/19 »
A lot of people have reached out to me and to be honest I have done a lot of testing. I ALWAYS end up going back to my original settings that I posted on here months ago... I have tried numerous settings and configs and I always think I like them at first, but they never remain consistent.

My old settings that I have been using have won me multiple tournaments and a lot of side money that is very nice ;)

Anyways I am not going to brag about my stats, no need for that, just letting you guys know which settings/config I have been using with plenty of 20+ kill games

any questions just LMK

Here they are again... I just copied and pasted it back on here for reference

DPI 3200      1000Hz/1000hz
IN GAME- 7,7 FOV 90 (what feels comfortable) look dead zone- small (default) CURVE- Classic
SYNC- Default
XIM- HIP-37 ADS-37 ( I have kept these values the same... FEELS AMAZING)
***NEW BOOST- 60 for both HIP + ADS
« Last Edit: 02:18 PM - 04/10/19 by JE77 »

Offline Kuzzad

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 04:50 AM - 04/11/19 »

Offline Orisie

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 05:46 AM - 04/11/19 »
A lot of people have reached out to me and to be honest I have done a lot of testing. I ALWAYS end up going back to my original settings that I posted on here months ago... I have tried numerous settings and configs and I always think I like them at first, but they never remain consistent.

My old settings that I have been using have won me multiple tournaments and a lot of side money that is very nice ;)

Anyways I am not going to brag about my stats, no need for that, just letting you guys know which settings/config I have been using with plenty of 20+ kill games

any questions just LMK

IN GAME- 7,7 FOV 90 (what feels comfortable) look dead zone- small (default) CURVE- Classic
SYNC- Default

Hello, just wondering do you have set up any advanced game setting ? Play with AA or without them.

do you have some auxilery option (health/inventory/looting) for  your settings  ?

I am newbie in using xim apex so looking for the best setting for me and want it to some templeate

Thank you

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #297 on: 08:30 AM - 04/11/19 »
I do like to mock people abusing AA on PC, there is no compassion for those :P
This is where you and I differ fundamentally, Alan.

I love to mock people who abuse AA on PC.  8)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline JE77

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 11:00 AM - 04/11/19 »

any questions just LMK

SYNC- Default

Hello, just wondering do you have set up any advanced game setting ? Play with AA or without them.

do you have some auxilery option (health/inventory/looting) for  your settings  ?

I am newbie in using xim apex so looking for the best setting for me and want it to some templeate

Thank you

Nope, itís about as simple as it gets, I use a Sony nav btw

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 11:02 AM - 04/11/19 »

any questions just LMK

SYNC- Default

This is what I am using now (102 FOV) as well and it's still solid. I haven't changed anything so I can retain that muscle memory.

Using this I was able to get a 21 kill game with 3800+ damage.

Admin