XIM Community

Metro Exodus Sprinting  (Read 2657 times)

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Metro Exodus Sprinting
« on: 01:19 AM - 02/16/19 »
I know it just came out so this isn't about ST support.  I'm using a Metro Last Light ST and just loaded it up and got it all configured but there's something really bizarre about the sprint.

After initiating a sprint (left shift) and then stop moving to do something then start moving again, the game thinks I'm still holding sprint.  It'll randomly release it at some point (not always) as I try to move around with my WASD keys but most times it thinks I'm still sprinting.

This doesn't happen with the controller at all.

I've noticed if I enable the Simulate Analog Behavior and set it to like 100, the issue seems to go away.

Wondering when you start training this, if you can test the walk/sprint mechanics to see if you can replicate this yourself.

***Note, I see no option regarding holding or toggling sprint in the game so I don't think it has anything to do with that.  Nor is the XIM registering the Left Shift button as being engaged once I initiate it and let go.
« Last Edit: 03:23 PM - 02/18/19 by mist4fun »

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Metro Exodus
« Reply #1 on: 05:42 PM - 02/16/19 »
Playing Metro Exodus with the Last Light ST and sprint is working as it should with the Azeron using it's analog stick ... strange how it does that with a keyboard.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:28 AM - 02/17/19 »
Can you reproduce this using a keyboard au1d?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline GunzBlazed

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GunzBlazed
« Reply #3 on: 12:04 PM - 02/17/19 »
@mcdonamw im using the same config and had the same issue. also it feels like there is a lag to the mouse movement.
Xbox One X | XIM Apex | Qisan Magicforce 68 (Gateron Red) | Logitech G502 Hero | Logitech G640 Mouse Pad | SoundBlaster X7 | AT AD700X (Shooters) | ModMic 5

Steam: GunzBlazed

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:30 PM - 02/17/19 »
I'm wondering if this could be related to SAB. I believe there was an issue with this feature when not used on all pages. Could anyone backup and check if this occurs with the latest non-beta build?

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest
« Last Edit: 10:35 AM - 02/18/19 by mist4fun »

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:00 PM - 02/17/19 »
I'm wondering if this could be related to SAB. I believe there was an issue with this feature when not used on all pages. Could anyone backup and check if this occurs with the latest non-beta build?

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

I'm not sure I understand Mist.  I am on the latest beta and I was NOT using SAB.  I had to enable it just to get the issue to go away.

Also, the issue with the mouse lag, that's a game issue.  There's a couple threads on it.  Apparently there's a huge deadzone in the game on console.  Try using your controller.  It's @#$% near impossible!

In this thread there's a link to a response from the Dev acknowledging they'd look into it. https://www.reddit.com/r/metro/comments/aqy2vu/i_can_not_play_exodus_until_the_controls_are_fixed/

Edit:  The direct twitter response is here:  https://twitter.com/MetroVideoGame/status/1096436334082867200?s=20 

« Last Edit: 10:36 AM - 02/18/19 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:39 AM - 02/18/19 »
There was previously another bug that involved not enabling SAB so I was curious if the issue is occurring in a build where SAB doesn't exist. I shared the wrong link earlier but I've changed it for anyone that has the game and doesn't mind testing.

Nor is the XIM registering the Left Shift button as being engaged once I initiate it and let go.

This may actually be game related if Manager isn't showing a press for the key assigned to sprint. It's odd that the game needs horizontal movement to cancel a sprint, I wonder how that works on the PC version.

Offline Gediminas

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: gedunex
« Reply #7 on: 02:33 PM - 02/18/19 »
i have the same problem. very odd, you run, stop, than release button and he still run. i basically started to use crouch because of that. plus, i don't like Y axis too. if you can turn fast, so Y axis way slower and don't want to listen. and you have to use Y very often because you check the ground for resources.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:21 PM - 02/18/19 »
i have the same problem. very odd, you run, stop, than release button and he still run. i basically started to use crouch because of that. plus, i don't like Y axis too. if you can turn fast, so Y axis way slower and don't want to listen. and you have to use Y very often because you check the ground for resources.

The x to y ratio is another widely reported issue with the game I believe. Something along the line of the sensitivity slider in game only affects horizontal movement. They suggest trying preset number 2 and adjust the sensitivity to your liking. Apparently the presets just aren't different starting values of the sliders. The actual look mechanic changes if I'm mot mistaken.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:27 PM - 02/18/19 »
There was previously another bug that involved not enabling SAB so I was curious if the issue is occurring in a build where SAB doesn't exist. I shared the wrong link earlier but I've changed it for anyone that has the game and doesn't mind testing.

Nor is the XIM registering the Left Shift button as being engaged once I initiate it and let go.

This may actually be game related if Manager isn't showing a press for the key assigned to sprint. It's odd that the game needs horizontal movement to cancel a sprint, I wonder how that works on the PC version.

What I meant when I said that was the XIM doesn't think I'm holding shift or any other button as if one were stuck, that is to ay the issue is not caused by me pressing something.

I believe it does register when I actually press/hold the button when I intend to sprint.

Also I cannot test this. I am not risking losing my configs. There are issues with copy/pasting configs across versions which is something I still don't understand. At any rate I imagine this is something XIM staff can do as I imagine there are multiple units on hand to test with?
« Last Edit: 04:43 PM - 02/18/19 by mcdonamw »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Metro Exodus Sprinting
« Reply #10 on: 06:48 PM - 02/18/19 »
Yes, I can test this next week when I receive the game.

Admin