XIM Community

Titan 2 or Xim Link for absolute lowest input lag?  (Read 956 times)

Offline xenoroyal

• View Profile
Trying to make a toggled rapidfire macro, that will make left click rapidfire when on.

I own a titan 2.
Which would give me the lowest input lag, accomplishing this with the Titan 2 or the Xim Link app?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Titan 2 or Xim Link for absolute lowest input lag?
« Reply #1 on: 02:47 PM - 03/03/19 »
Titan Two, also the resolution for the delays can be as low as 1ms.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 03:38 PM - 03/03/19 »
Games will not detect button presses of less than roughly 20ms. It can cause firing to stutter or stop completely. Aim for around 25ms for hold and wait times (about 20 rounds / sec) and you'll be fine in any game. Input lag of 1ms for both Titan Two and XIM Link is a non-issue.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline synflood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:59 PM - 03/04/19 »
If I remember correctly, wasn't it proven in the discord that there is noticable need for higher delays when translating through the XIM while those delays can be a lot lower when handled through the titan2? I can get noticably faster macros in titan2 while doing the same macro through link/ahk/logitech, setting anything under the 25-40ms threshold leads to it not reaching the game.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:50 PM - 03/04/19 »
You have to also take into account if you are doing macro for analog (triggers mostly) or digital button. I have not tested this, but I would assume that some games do not allow as fast pressing on triggers as on the digital buttons if they add some sort of smoothing to those.

If you can give me example scripts where you think there is a difference between Link and t2 press times, I can test those with USB analyzer to see if there is difference.

Offline synflood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:37 AM - 03/09/19 »
If I remember correctly, someone in the discord did test with an analyzer and posted the screenshots, I'd have to reinstall discord to look.

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • Please Delete My Account
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Delete
« Reply #6 on: 01:16 PM - 03/10/19 »
If I remember correctly, someone in the discord did test with an analyzer and posted the screenshots, I'd have to reinstall discord to look.
IIRC those tests were not about Xim Link, but actually were on the Xim itself. He was using one titan to send buttons and another titan to register controller outputs, and if the input to the Xim wasn't x ms long, it wouldn't register on the output.
Please Delete My Account

Offline synflood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:49 AM - 03/15/19 »
Yes, that sound correctly. 20 ms delays were the shortest delays that appear to work where 30-40 is a lot more reliable. Titan2 handles 20 ms without a doubt, there are tons of scripts showing that. I've yet to ever made a logitech macro run in the 20 ms range and have it work on the XIM. Lowest I'd say that is reliable is 30 for me.
« Last Edit: 11:55 AM - 03/15/19 by synflood »