XIM Community

Logitech G Saitek X56 for Elite Dangerous for Xbone  (Read 486 times)

Offline Calcifur

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jock200
  • PSN ID: Calcifur83
Hi All,

I have been directed here from the General Discussion Board.  As the title suggest I am looking to use something like the Saitek (Logitech) X56 or X52 Pro on my Xbox One with Elite Dangerous.

I was just wondering of the XIM Apex + XIM Link would be what I am looking for.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Logitech G Saitek X56 for Elite Dangerous for Xbone
« Reply #1 on: 04:10 PM - 03/11/19 »
Theoretically yes, but binding all of the axes might be difficult. There is not complete remapping on Link for joystick axes.

Offline Calcifur

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jock200
  • PSN ID: Calcifur83
Re: Logitech G Saitek X56 for Elite Dangerous for Xbone
« Reply #2 on: 05:15 AM - 03/12/19 »
Hi thanks for the reply.  I was wondering how the Axis would work out. My thought process fro this is as follows.

Xbox Controller has 4x Axis - 2x thumbsticks and 2x Trigger Buttons

The X56 has ??  I don't know how many Axis

So I was thinking I can assign all the 'analogue' functions in the game to the thumbsticks and triggers (probably using a number of modifier buttons aswell) to create a number of macros i guess and then use Link to assign one of the (available) X56 axis to as specific axis.

Although It depends how many axis the the X56 has and how many of them are identifiable to LINK.

Not owning either the XIM of the X56 (maybe X52) yet means this is all theoretical at the moment.  But I wont to get a good, sound working theory before a splash out on the hardware, to find out its not doable.