XIM Community

Keyboard mouse noise  (Read 392 times)

Offline NatalieX

• View Profile
Keyboard mouse noise
« on: 10:01 AM - 02/15/19 »
Has anyone got any tips to stop my Xbox party from hearing my keyboard and mouse. When Iím playing they can hear me clicking through my mic. Iím using a turtle beach headset, I donít know if the mic is too sensitive or my keyboard/mouse is too loud. Iím looking for tips so they canít hear me clicking or a different headset that doesnít pick up as much background noise.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard mouse noise
« Reply #1 on: 11:50 AM - 02/15/19 »
The Astro A40 TRís never pick up my mouse clicks unless I slap them down which was only happening due to bad muscle memory when changing to using mouse right as ADS.

I donít really suggest anyone to buy the A40, they work but I donít feel theyíre as good as advertised.

| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:42 PM - 02/15/19 »
I have the same problem. We are blaming keyboard chatter for deaths and itís gotta stop.

Does push to talk work on xim apex?? I like my mic and headset the way they are. USB mic directly into PS4 and headphones into monitor.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:06 PM - 02/15/19 »
I have the same problem. We are blaming keyboard chatter for deaths and itís gotta stop.

Does push to talk work on xim apex?? I like my mic and headset the way they are. USB mic directly into PS4 and headphones into monitor.

Push to talk does work but you need the new versions of the DualShock 4 controllers, the one with the light on the touchpad.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:46 PM - 02/15/19 »
Well I've been covering up my keyboard with a few layers of a light blanket. My hands get a little hot but I can take that over them finding out I have mnk. I don't cover up the mouse though because it seems to be quiet but occasionally people in my party can hear the clicks. I'm hoping that once I have the azeron it'll be quiet as well so I can lose the blanket.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:26 AM - 03/05/19 »
I would not worry about it. if they hear it and ask, tell them about it. if they think it's cheating and don't wanna play with you, then don't play with them. otherwise they are just gonna have to learn that using a controller isn't the ideal perifial for a shooter. if they are too dumb to understand that it's too bad, soon enough it's gonna take over on consoles. it already has begun. both major console manufacturers offer their own branded MnK and after 2019 you will start seeing more games that use mouse and keyboard on console. not. just shooters.

Offline rayman1221

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:40 AM - 03/06/19 »
The issue of the keyboard mouse noise is happening while connecting it to the Xbox and I am also having an issue on the server as well. The thing is that if the server is not getting connected then how will I be able to get access to that.

Epson error code 031008

Offline Ripkon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:39 PM - 03/06/19 »
I have played with several keyboards with XIM and several Headsets and i have never had anyone ask. Never had a problem with my Mics picking up any keyboard sound. What switches are you using? Blue's or Red maybe? Maybe consider purchasing a keyboard with MX Browns / Gateron Browns.
XBOX ONE X  | Playstation 4 Pro | Switch | PC i5-4690k GTX 970

Mouse: FinalMouse Air 58 | DPI: 3200 | Hz: 500 | Mousepad: Reflex Lab | KB: GK61 60% RGB w/ Zeal 62g | Monitor: ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K 1ms | Headphones: Logitech Pro

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:53 PM - 03/06/19 »
The Astro A40 TRís never pick up my mouse clicks unless I slap them down which was only happening due to bad muscle memory when changing to using mouse right as ADS.

I donít really suggest anyone to buy the A40, they work but I donít feel theyíre as good as advertised.

Yep. I have the same headset and no one can hear my keys. I do also use an orbweaver with orange keys (razer variation of mx browns I think).

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 04:22 PM - 03/06/19 »
A few options -

1. Push to talk. It's in the XIM firmware.
2. Use a noise gate. This requires a complex audio chain that's out of the reach of most people's budgets and it's more suitable for a streaming setup through OBS with chat via Discord.
3. Use a dynamic mic. Again, not reasonable for most people, more tailored for streaming.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:03 PM - 03/06/19 »
Scissor switches (see my sig for a comprehensive guide).

I use a scissor keyboard when playing with a squad, and a mechanical when solo or in a noisy game like COD.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts