XIM Community

How to add support for a new game?  (Read 92 times)

Offline Ne3M

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Stoffel__1
How to add support for a new game?
« on: 01:06 PM - 03/06/19 »
Hi,

I tried to add a new game profile but it seems you can only get existing game profiles and modify them. The game I would like to add is America's Army: Proving Grounds for the PS4. Can anyone please help me with this or just move this thread in the right forum area?

Thanks for development of the XIM that allows me to play on my PS4 with my friends without the need for a primitive PS4 controller!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: How to add support for a new game?
« Reply #1 on: 04:07 PM - 03/06/19 »
Welcome to the community. Unfortunately this game can't be supported but XIM can still be used with an unsupported game. I recommend loading XIM with various game configs then setting a config cycle key until you've found one with the best fit. Next assign buttons based on the button picture in Manager and what that button actually does in your game. Do not assign buttons based on the action names listed in Manager as they will be incorrect for your game.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Ne3M

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Stoffel__1
« Reply #2 on: 04:55 PM - 03/06/19 »
Thanks for the prompt reply. I've done that (used warframe as an example), but things like key descriptions don't match. How do I change key descriptions on the app or add my own unique profiles?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:14 PM - 03/06/19 »
Relabeling the button action names in Manager isn't supported. Instead, ignore the action names in Manager and assign buttons based on what they do in your game and the button picture shown in Manager.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos