XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Xim Apex doesn't read my keyboard  (Read 50 times)

Offline WorldYd

• View Profile
[RESOLVED] Xim Apex doesn't read my keyboard
« on: 04:21 AM - 02/14/19 »
I bought the xim apex about a week ago and it work great at first,  but now won't read my keyboard . I have a corsair k95 platinum, I changed the onboard memory to not have lighting effects although my first couple times using it it worked fine with lighting effects.  I even bought a 5v power supply in case the was the issue.  The xim manager shows all 3 logos but doesn't register key strokes. I was thinking the hub failed but I can plug it into my computer with kb and mouse hooked up and it works fine.  Any help would be appreciated
« Last Edit: 09:51 AM - 02/14/19 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex doesn't read my keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 04:44 AM - 02/14/19 »
hey,

did you set your k95 into bios mode?
most corsair keyboards require that to work with the xim, theres either a switch at the back of the keyboard or its part of the driver options
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline WorldYd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:34 AM - 02/14/19 »
Hey thanks for the quick response.  That actually worked but was difficult to find out how to do so with no switch on kb. F1+the lock key switches it into bios mode for anyone else having trouble with this issue.  Thanks again

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:26 AM - 02/14/19 »
thanks for the feedback, so far that step was only necessary with the corsair strafe keyboard
good to know that more corsair keyboards require this now!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum