XIM Community

Note for Xbox1 X 4k players  (Read 170 times)

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
Note for Xbox1 X 4k players
« on: 12:03 AM - 02/14/19 »
Hi,

Got some days ago 4k monitor for Xbox1 X and PC (Acer Nitro XV273K), and noticed something when played BO4 with XIM Apex.

When settings changed to 4k on Xbox, my gaming gone little bit worse, ratio lowered. I think i did feel more floatyness on controlls.
Tried to change back to 1080p , HDMI forced on (not auto) and just in case turned 120Hz mode on too in Xbox setting.

ó-> huublamama aiming / moving feels more sharp! Ratio rises back and still rising.

You can used to have little lag, but if you are playing CoD BO4 with Xbox1 X + XIM Apex at 4K try 1080p (HDMI forced on + 120Hz on if possible) and report do you see any different?

Maybe its game, 2.0 HDMI port or Xbox itself.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
Re: Note for Xbox1 X 4k players
« Reply #1 on: 01:57 AM - 02/14/19 »
Hi,

Got some days ago 4k monitor for Xbox1 X and PC (Acer Nitro XV273K), and noticed something when played BO4 with XIM Apex.

When settings changed to 4k on Xbox, my gaming gone little bit worse, ratio lowered. I think i did feel more floatyness on controlls.
Tried to change back to 1080p , HDMI forced on (not auto) and just in case turned 120Hz mode on too in Xbox setting.

ó-> huublamama aiming / moving feels more sharp! Ratio rises back and still rising.

You can used to have little lag, but if you are playing CoD BO4 with Xbox1 X + XIM Apex at 4K try 1080p (HDMI forced on + 120Hz on if possible) and report do you see any different?

Maybe its game, 2.0 HDMI port or Xbox itself.

Iíll have to try this tonight. Last night I finally got a 4K monitor and played BOPS4 at desk on the One X (itís has lived in lounge on my main tv). So usually I play FPS on my standard Xbox One.

It was definitely off, KDR not even close to usual level - Santigold posted something on this the other month. Iíll have to dig that thread out as I think heís on to something.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:51 AM - 02/14/19 »
Playing BO4 on 1080p monitor and it has @#$% aim in general I don't think it's 4k that's causing you problems unless it's your tv.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #3 on: 03:57 AM - 02/14/19 »
Playing BO4 on 1080p monitor and it has @#$% aim in general I don't think it's 4k that's causing you problems unless it's your tv.

It could just have been I was having a bad night ... it happens!! Iíll see how it goes. It was just uncanny that it dropped off so noticeably swapping to 4K. Previously Iíve noticed a big difference from playing on standard One vs my One X on my main TV but Iíve put that down to playing on the couch on a TV with poor input response versus desk on a monitor.

Offline kathandril

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:08 AM - 02/14/19 »
Your monitor is probably displaying 30HZ, change settings to 60hz or gaming mode. I had the same thing happen on PC. Make sure your xbox settings are correct too.

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:07 AM - 02/14/19 »
I use same monitor with PC at 4k, no input lag at all.

But it might be HDMI port problem, only 2.0 HDMI so i cant get freesync with Xbox (with PC offcourse can).

It might be possible that 4k via HDMI is presented in 30fps but i think i can notice that easily if it is so. Huge difference between 30fps and 60fps.

I got earlier some similar lag issues on xbox360 when tried some different picture output settings. Cant notice with pad but with XIM its just little floaty, specially at hip.