XIM Community

@OBs1v Osu pens, again..  (Read 185 times)

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
@OBs1v Osu pens, again..
« on: 07:29 PM - 02/13/19 »
I made a little post about these a while ago, asking if they worked and you said you got one to work but it was super hard.

Do you know if a regular Xim user would be able to do this??

Edit :

So I went back and found your reply to that post and you said the lack of buttons made in unplayable, with something like the Azeron and getting a pen that has buttons on it, do you think it would work?

Your reply - “Yes, in fact, I prototyped this in the past -- with a WACOM tablet on XIM4 talking directly to the tablet to get full resolution without going through it's higher level mouse interface -- and the precision is amazing. But, the lack of buttons was a deal-breaker. It was unplayable because of that.”
« Last Edit: 07:39 PM - 02/13/19 by JDM »
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: @OBs1v Osu pens, again..
« Reply #1 on: 11:35 AM - 02/14/19 »
I made a little post about these a while ago, asking if they worked and you said you got one to work but it was super hard.

Do you know if a regular Xim user would be able to do this??

Edit :

So I went back and found your reply to that post and you said the lack of buttons made in unplayable, with something like the Azeron and getting a pen that has buttons on it, do you think it would work?

Your reply - “Yes, in fact, I prototyped this in the past -- with a WACOM tablet on XIM4 talking directly to the tablet to get full resolution without going through it's higher level mouse interface -- and the precision is amazing. But, the lack of buttons was a deal-breaker. It was unplayable because of that.”

If you know how to program, I can provide the driver I wrote for WACOM tablets to get at it's full resolution.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:42 AM - 02/14/19 »
Not going to lie. 8 have no clue how to code but I pick up on things pretty quick and would be happy to learn something new :)

Would this only work for the Wacom tablets or any others?
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 03:11 PM - 02/14/19 »
I only prototyped this using a WACOM Bamboo tablet. I'm not sure if would work on other WACOM tablets.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.