XIM Community

Xim apex drops out after a certain time  (Read 442 times)

Offline willemk

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: willemk
Xim apex drops out after a certain time
« on: 08:25 AM - 07/23/19 »
Hi,

With the last two firmwares I suffer from a strange problem that the xim apex no longer works, at least its no longer recognizes my keyboard and mouse.

I need to replug my xim apex to get everything working again

Tried to reset not helping

setup gpro wirless, crosair 70

Offline willemk

• View Profile
Re: Xim apex drops out after a certain time
« Reply #1 on: 03:19 PM - 07/23/19 »
nobody?

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #2 on: 03:21 PM - 07/23/19 »
Is you controller charged when you play or is the cord failing? Your hub may be failing too ??? Iím no developer though. Mist? Obsiv?

Offline willemk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:52 PM - 07/23/19 »
Yeah i am waiting for a reactions from the devs, i tried everything

But thanks bro.

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #4 on: 04:08 PM - 07/23/19 »
I think I saw others having issues as well. They did a full factory reset then reloaded the newest beta and fixed it. But may have had different troubles. Certainly wait for someones more qualified thoughts haha. Good luck

Offline Algimantas87

• If you can't beat them,†join them.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NO_F3AR_MnK_HERE
« Reply #5 on: 07:04 PM - 07/23/19 »
Hi,

With the last two firmwares I suffer from a strange problem that the xim apex no longer works, at least its no longer recognizes my keyboard and mouse.

I need to replug my xim apex to get everything working again

Tried to reset not helping

setup gpro wirless, crosair 70
Do you use external power adapter for xim, playstation usb doesnt have enough power if your keyboard has lighting and all that stuff
Xim Apex
Platform:PS4
Mouse:Logitech G305 + G Pro Wireless
Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2
Mouse pad: Cooler Master  MP510 Gaming Surface - XL
Headphone: Steelseries arctis pro + gamedac
Monitor:Acer GF276Abmipx 27 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:49 PM - 07/23/19 »
I've had this issue with my keyboard on Apex Legends. But I don't have the same issue when I use the Sony nav. Something has to be wrong here. It's not the controller. I think it has something to do with the firmware. My controller is a brand new scuf and my cables are brand new as well. They came with my brand new headset. So i know for a fact that's not the issue.

It usually occurs pretty late in the match. When I'm in the top 4. I could be strafing and then suddenly I can't move anything other than my mouse. Then I have to unplug the xim and plug it back in. I have too much time invested into my build to go through a factory reset. It doesn't happen when I use my keyboard on Overwatch. Only on Apex Legends for some reason.

Ps: Wait, I just contradicted myself. Maybe it's something that the developers of Apex Legends have put in the game. It doesn't happen when I play overwatch. Some I'm wondering if this is just an apex legends issue......
« Last Edit: 11:55 PM - 07/23/19 by GamingNerd »
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline agaquit

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: agaquit
« Reply #7 on: 02:18 AM - 07/24/19 »
Happens to me aswell  a few times everyday I play & I need to reastart the xim for it to work again & by that time it works again Iím isually dead...

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 02:29 AM - 07/24/19 »
This is almost always one of two things -

1. A faulty USB cable
2. Insufficient power

Replace the cable from the controller to XIM Apex and add a power adapter or replace the Apex USB hub with a powered USB 2.0 hub.

You don't need to see the yellow & red LED flashes for power to be a problem, a slightly undercharged controller can be enough to tip the balance.

I used to get a tonne of disconnects when I first used XIMs (symptoms were unresponsive kbs, getting stuck in a strafe or circling on the spot), adding a powered hub solved it permanently.

Every 12 months or so, I'll get a spate of disconnects that are solved by replacing the USB cable.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:35 AM - 07/24/19 »
Thanks, I'll add a power source to the xim when I use it. I'm sure that will fix my issue as my cables are new.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 02:38 AM - 07/24/19 »
Thanks, I'll add a power source to the xim when I use it. I'm sure that will fix my issue as my cables are new.
You've got a few options, but I'd recommend adding power to your Titan Two as it requires more than a XIM. I personally have power on the T2 and Apex, otherwise I have issues with the Azeron and Fragpedals.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline agaquit

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: agaquit
« Reply #11 on: 02:40 AM - 07/24/19 »
At first it was faulty cable & I bought a new one & it worked perfectly. But now recently I got the same problem again, so I think it must be the second one this time. Actually with the cable i got that the controller disconnected on screen. Now it doesnt response at all & there is no controller disconnected on screen.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:16 AM - 07/24/19 »
You've got a few options, but I'd recommend adding power to your Titan Two as it requires more than a XIM. I personally have power on the T2 and Apex, otherwise I have issues with the Azeron and Fragpedals.
Thanks, I'm going to add the source now. Hopefully it works.

Offline radroy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:40 PM - 07/25/19 »
My Apex also just stated glitching out since last week. I'm not sure what's going on. It worked perfect for 14 months so I'm hesitant about changing the setup.

Admin