XIM Community

Xim4 PC  (Read 317 times)

Offline sentenced

• View Profile
Xim4 PC
« on: 11:36 AM - 02/12/19 »
I updated to latest firmware and controller for XIM4 and plugged my Xbox 360 controller into Port 3, Mouse (G502) into port 1 and keyboard (Ducky One Two) into port 2. Then connect everything to my PC and the Xim 4 manager detects it all, but Game Controller on Windows doesnt and I can't use anything on my KBM / Controller when in any games. Am I doing something wrong? And is there any specific game I should select inside the Xim4 manager? For example I can't select the Xbox 360 controller if I wanted to click Cod BO4. Am I missing some drivers? My Xbox 360 controller is lit up green as if it were normal and my Keyboard/Mouse are also lit up (turned on) while everything's plugged in.

This is an attempt to play with KBM on PC games recognized in game as using a controller

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim4 PC
« Reply #1 on: 01:10 PM - 02/12/19 »
Welcome to the community. XIM does not support PC as a gaming platform but some players have been able to use XIM with their PC games by connecting a Microsoft wireless Xbox One controller or a Microsoft wired Xbox 360 controller to their XIM. Note that if using an 360 controller it must be wired, wireless + play and charge kits do not send data over the cable. Licensed third party controllers are not supported.

Is the controller a true wired Microsoft controller and does it work with Windows with XIM disconnected?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline sentenced

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:23 PM - 02/12/19 »
Thanks for the reply, I understand it doesn't support it but I see many people who have had success with this.

With just the 360 controller (I don't know if it's directly from Microsoft, but I do have a scuf Xbox one controller if that'd work)
The 360 is wired by default and the xbox one controller I have the USB cable attached to it. Neither are recognzied by games / Windows Game controller while plugged into the XIM4
Regardless both of these work on Windows the XIM disconnected.
« Last Edit: 01:34 PM - 02/12/19 by sentenced »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:18 PM - 02/12/19 »
Thanks for that info. These should be working, is your XIM4 currently working on 360 or X1 using the same cables?

Offline sentenced

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:29 PM - 02/13/19 »
Yes it works fine on Xbox One I tested. I still haven't been able to fix this issue

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:34 PM - 02/13/19 »
It should work on PC as well then using the same cables and controller. The only thing that comes to mind is that you may have XIM4 attached to a USB 3.0 port. Sometimes these can be an issue even when using the flash tool.

Offline sentenced

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:58 PM - 02/13/19 »
Thanks, surprisingly enough for me that was the issue. Didn't even know my computer case had built in USB 3.0s instead of 2.0's.

I run 400 DPI and 0.08 ingame sens in Fortnite with 0.70 ADS, is there a way to calculate this in the XIM4 Manager? Sens/DPI wise? My main mouse is a Finalmouse Ultralight Phantom so I can use one of those DPIs it allows as well.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:16 AM - 02/14/19 »
That's good to hear. Sorry, this can't be converted. One tip I can give though is that fortnite's PC look mechanic uses a different deadzone than the supported consoles. Add boost as needed while slowly moving your mouse to compensate for the deadzone difference.

Actually, I think fortnite just added deadzone adjustment settings in-game. You may be able to adjust the right stick deadzone in game to compensate instead. Either way works but this should be the better method.