XIM Community

xim 4 does not respond to the app  (Read 208 times)

Offline Shosho

• View Profile
xim 4 does not respond to the app
« on: 07:42 AM - 02/12/19 »
I plugged everything in properly and when I go into the application and press one of the keys on the Xbox remote control it does not show anything, all the bulbs work properly, to note that I used to play until a month ago was a recent update that needs to be changed?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: xim 4 does not respond to the app
« Reply #1 on: 10:38 AM - 02/12/19 »
Welcome to the community. Has anything in your setup change since the last time it worked, controller, cables, peripherals, console?

If all that has changed is time you may need to just charge the controller directly with the console. Stability issues like this can occur when the controller has a low charge and or your setup as a whole isn't receiving enough power. XIM should be disconnected while charging.

If this doesn't help I would recommend a console hard reset next, it can sometimes fix this issue. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM then connect XIM to the console.

Note that removing the power cable while off has been reported as necessary by some users.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ccheng187

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:53 AM - 02/13/19 »
Iam having the same issue here. Other than that  mine also show 3 yellow electric symbol and my controller is fully charge.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:04 AM - 02/13/19 »
This is a power fault, your setup is attempting to draw more power than is available from the console. You can resolve this by:

1) Connect the controller directly to the console to charge for 1-2 hours
2) Charge other battery powered peripherals direct with the console as well
3) Disable LEDs on your peripherals
4) Add additional power to your setup. XIM4 users can attach a USB 2.0 powered hub between XIM4 and their peripherals to provide additional power to their setup. The hub must include an AC adapter that attaches to a power outlet.
5) Use low power peripherals
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos