XIM Community

"Standard Translator" question  (Read 1879 times)

Offline chdude3

• View Profile
"Standard Translator" question
« on: 03:28 PM - 12/13/10 »
I tried a search for Standard Translator as well as reading the FAQ but didn't find information on this.

Will there be any "options" you can set for the Standard Translator?  Is it simply invoked when you run a game with no Smart Translator available (and/or enabled)?  What I'm after is whether the Standard Translator will know - or have a user settable paramter - for something like Aim Assist or Sticky Aim, if the user knows whether or not a game has that enabled or not.  Or if we find out if there's a circular or square dead zone.

Or is it simply a one-size-fits-all Standard Translator?  I'm assuming that's the case but had nothing to lose by asking.  Thanks!

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
Re: "Standard Translator" question
« Reply #1 on: 03:35 PM - 12/13/10 »
a standard translator is basically a manually set-up config the same as the current xim2 configs.  I believe a smart translator is somewhat more accurate due to the way it works out the deadzones and deadzone shape.  Correct me if im wrong somebody :)

Offline chdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:40 PM - 12/13/10 »
Yeah I'm pretty sure I understand the Smart Translators, but since I've not used any XIM before I didn't have any XIM2 experience to build on.  I'm not clear on whether the Standard Translator has any configuration options, or if as I said it's a one-size-fits-all and you're stuck with whatever defaults have been assigned.

Thanks for the info though it is appreciated.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 03:54 PM - 12/13/10 »
d0nskii, didn't I review a instructional video where you cover standard translators? Did I not post it?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline chdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:25 PM - 12/13/10 »
d0nskii, didn't I review a instructional video where you cover standard translators? Did I not post it?
My apologies if I did not find it, but I checked both the Dev Blog thread as well as the Beta Video thread, and I didn't see anything regarding standard translators.  The gameplay vids all seem to be for games utilizing a Smart Translator.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 06:59 PM - 12/13/10 »
Yeah, it's not there. I hope I didn't forget to post one of d0nskii's videos. I *swear* I saw one on standard translators. I'll ask him. :)

Offline chdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:25 PM - 12/13/10 »
Yeah, it's not there. I hope I didn't forget to post one of d0nskii's videos. I *swear* I saw one on standard translators. I'll ask him. :)
Thanks OBsIV, I'll watch for your reply.  I'm looking forward to more info or even seeing the Standard Translator in action.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 05:21 PM - 12/16/10 »
Thanks OBsIV, I'll watch for your reply.  I'm looking forward to more info or even seeing the Standard Translator in action.

Ok, I wasn't losing my mind -- I just wasn't posted. It's up now: http://xim3.com/?page_id=187

It's not last video on the page.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:32 PM - 12/16/10 »
Clears up alot of my questions.. Thanks Obsiv for posting that.  ;)

Offline mikey1804

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:11 PM - 12/16/10 »
i do have one question id like you to clear up, just watched the video and i noticed there was an option for acceleration could you explain a little on this. and i also noticed the most important option wasn't there(translation exponent) or is there a second page?
much appreciated, mike

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 06:14 PM - 12/16/10 »
Acceleration is the new name for TranslationExponent, because, that's what it really is. :)

Offline RedTalon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:17 PM - 12/16/10 »
It was discovered a while back now that some players actually wanted some mouse acceleration for fast turns even though they were using a slow config for aiming.

I think most XIM users try to eliminate all acceleration for consistency (and muscle memory). But, enough wnated it and it was easy for OBsIV to add so he did.

If you don't understand what mouse acceleration is I'll leave that up to one of the techies to explain.

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Gamertag: Donskii HD
« Reply #12 on: 06:23 PM - 12/16/10 »
I tried a search for Standard Translator as well as reading the FAQ but didn't find information on this.

Will there be any "options" you can set for the Standard Translator?  Is it simply invoked when you run a game with no Smart Translator available (and/or enabled)?  What I'm after is whether the Standard Translator will know - or have a user settable paramter - for something like Aim Assist or Sticky Aim, if the user knows whether or not a game has that enabled or not.  Or if we find out if there's a circular or square dead zone.

Or is it simply a one-size-fits-all Standard Translator?  I'm assuming that's the case but had nothing to lose by asking.  Thanks!

That's my fault, I somehow missed the section on Standard Translation when I sent all the links to OBsIV :P

Hope the video clears things up for you
Proud owner of a XIM3

Youtube.com/d0nskiii     Xfire: Galvaniz3d     Xbox: Donskii HD, vIIv Don

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:33 PM - 12/16/10 »
...idk if I really need to do that, but its a good added feature...at least I can still play those old games i got...

really nice OBsIV...

Offline chdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:38 PM - 12/17/10 »
Ok, I wasn't losing my mind -- I just wasn't posted. It's up now: http://xim3.com/?page_id=187

It's not last video on the page.
Fantastic, just what I was looking for.  Thanks OBsIV!