XIM Community

[ACTIVE] My Xim 4 Doesn't Want To Work Connected To My PS4  (Read 48 times)

Offline valenzuela

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: valenzuel_a
I got the xim4 for a month now and I've tried many solutions to try to fix it and none seem to work. the xim registers all things connected to it but it won't seem to flash green for 4x when connected. it flash white like around 10x and it won't recognize when I press key on my keyboard but it does detected my keyboard and my mouse as well as my controller but it doesn't want to let me turn my controller on and yes I have it put to usb on my ps4 and I already changed the settings for it but it simply won't. ive also updated as well as did a factory reset but nothing seem to change I still have the same problems and Im not getting any solutions from any of your guys sources and that makes me upset cause ive waited a while to get this and ive just gave up on the xim 4 until today when my friend said there is a new update so I tired it again and now I'm looking for any other solutions if you guys have any. :(
« Last Edit: 10:23 AM - 02/12/19 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: My Xim 4 Doesn't Want To Work Connected To My PS4
« Reply #1 on: 10:23 AM - 02/12/19 »
Welcome to the community. A white light can indicate corrupt configs or a crash cause by an attached device or cable. The controller light turning on can be normal, XIM can disable this light.

Could you please share the firmware version number in Manager's menu-about? Thanks.

Also, is the console communication method set to USB instead of bluetooth? This is required if the controller supports it.

Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline valenzuela

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: valenzuel_a
yes I have the controller setting set up and everything and the firmware version is 4.00.20181019 and the manager version is 4.00.20171001 the only problem is that the controller will not turn on when plugged to the xim and when pressing key on my keyboard the xim app does not indicate the keys im clicking on.... >:(

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Thanks for confirming. When the controller isn't authenticated your mouse and keyboard won't respond in Manager or the game. Using the bluetooth communication method and an outdated firmware would prevent authentication so with these out of the way we can look toward other potential causes.

About those white flashes, please reconnect XIM4 to the console with only the controller attached to port 3. Verify that you see 4x green flashes during startup then connect only the mouse next to port 1 and test in a game.

Also, could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: third party usb hub, usb switch, extended usb cables, titan, cronus?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos