XIM Community

I'm a little bit disapoint that most of players want Aim Assist  (Read 666 times)

Offline qt00tp

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: qt00tp
  • PSN ID: toddy66qt00tp
I was a former professional player on PC, recently I came to console for casuel game.
For the shotting game(FPS,TPS,etc.) I can't play it with controller, because I love the feeling to aim with mouse, that's why I came to the XIM. I'm always looking for the way to absolutly erease Aim Assist.

After I dig deeper in this community, I find that most of the players here are looking for a better way to play with aim assist, that's really disapoint me.

Is XIM a kind of cheat ?
Maybe, it's just a great work which to make up the deficiency of consoles.
KB/Mouse and controller are two different Human-computer interaction modes, Mouse gets advantages in shotting game with no doubt, that's why the controller gets Aim Assist. So I think KB/Mouse VS Controller with AA, that's OK, but KB/Mouse with AA ? I think it's just too close to the "cheat".

Just a topic to talk about what I feel, that's all.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
Most people here are creating curves to break out of the aim assist bubble so not sure what youíre talking about.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
Most people here want to play the game the way it was designed on console, with aim assist . Why? Because is a big disadvantage having it off

Offline qt00tp

• View Profile
Most people here want to play the game the way it was designed on console, with aim assist . Why? Because is a big disadvantage having it off

You know I'm telling the truth.

Some games can also turn on the AA by connecting a controller on PC. Some person connect a controller as secondary controller for turn on the AA, and play with KB/Mouse. What do you think about that ? XIM with AA is just something like that.

Aim Assist is born to be a controller feature, everyone knows it, just not everyone wants to admit it.

Offline qt00tp

• View Profile
I know this post can not change anything, I just want everyone to look back. At the first,"looking for a habitual way to play game" may be the main reason for using XIM, but later, may be it just changed.

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy (Smurf Account)
Xim allows you to use M&K on console, while itís great at making it feel like PC, PC and console are two entirely different things.

1. Console has a max turn speed cap which greatly hinders mouse movement and prevents most flicks, using a low sensitivity combined with this makes it really difficult to turn properly.

2. Some games have very poor look mechanics that Xim can do nothing about and aim assist is basically a crutch for that broken leg. Overwatch is a great example, itís almost impossible to use a Xim on the game without aim assist because it has such poor look mechanics.

3. A lot of Xim users come from PC like you and just choose Xim because it allows them to use what theyíre most comfortable with. I.E. a mouse and keyboard.

Not everyone that uses a Xim uses it competitively, a lot are just out for a casual experience which should be respectable, so I can see why a lot would not bother turning aim assist off.

4. Some people have disabilities which can affect how they use a mouse, Iíve had a friend that got his right ring finger cut off in a car accident and it severely hurts him when he uses a mouse, you can imagine he isnít going to be that robust in the aiming category. Aim assist helps him line up shots and not strain his fingers as much.

People have different reasons for keeping it on, mine is the poor look mechanics that OW has. I turn it off in COD and many other games but donít notice a difference in my performance so I just keep it on and forget about it.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
Play some games with the option to turn aim assist of and you will immediately notice its nothing like pc. There is much more input delay, there will never be a pc like 1 to 1 mouse feel and acceleration will most likely always be frlt slightly. Most pc players tend to use very low aim assist settings in game or compensate with curves or other aettings if the aim assist setting is not adjustable. Aim assist is truely disgusting and offers as many negatives as advantages but it is necessary to some degree depending on how well the games can be translated into mouse movement. Cod fells great and aim assist shouldnt be necessary but overwatch for example feels like hot garbage.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
Iíll turn off AA when XIM offers mouse feel that is 100% identical to native PC. Which it wonít, because it is literally impossible, through no fault of the device itself or any of the developers.

Offline parjn

• View Profile
I was just playing Battlefront 2015 last night and I got accused of being a modder for the first time. But no, I think the aim assist just works great with a xim on that game at least. But it isn't always the case. I know real modders (everyone calls them modders anyway) and I can't do anything against them. I play with aim assist off on battlefront 2017.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
When you can aim with Xim without aim assist ( or even with ) as you can on PC, hit me up.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline 1me

• View Profile
When you can aim with Xim without aim assist ( or even with ) as you can on PC, hit me up.

here!

I play without aa in blackout, it's not difficult at all (you're playing against ppl with primitive input devices). I have it on for multiplayer though, because I like the "Aimbot" feeling

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I was a former professional player on PC, recently I came to console for casuel game.

and there we already have the problem
your mouse aim is most likely several times better than the one of an average xim gamer
you cannot blaim a person with average aim to evaluate options to increase their accuracy

everyone with a half competitive mindset wants to become better in the game, which ofc also includes testing out some aim assist options

you are basically not that much different
as you wrote you dislike the aiming with a controller so you looked into other options to increase your gaming performance to enjoy the games you play
you decided to buy a xim to have a better aim while other ximmers decide to use aim assist to have a better aim
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
XIM with AA is just something like that.

Wrong

Aim Assist is born to be a controller feature,

Yeah aim assist exists because of controllers. XIM allows players to use mouse in controller FPS games on console. But does XIM behave exactly like native mouse on PC? No, itís emulating. Emulating what? A controller. As a result, mouse movements with XIM are not extremely precise like native mouse on PC hence why you still need aim assist with XIM.

Go ahead and play Overwatch (a game with subpar look/aim mechanics) with XIM and set aim assist strength and window to 0, your aim will be poor. If you want to handicap yourself be my guest but donít come in here and shame people about something which you lack understanding of
« Last Edit: 11:49 PM - 02/12/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hi qt00tp

I came from the same place, I used to play competitive Halo, CS, Quake back in my younger less responsible days.

Granted and I agree with you, I don't approved people who spent energy tweaking XIM to get the most aim assist possible. Some even complain with the XIM dev demanding this. Every time I see someone who plays on PC buy XIM and ask the forum how they can improve its aim assist, I dislike, make fun of them or completely ignore, because they have no excuse and only give us bad name to XIMers.

That being said, I think you might be informed about the limitations on XIM but not quite yet aware of it (big difference), to the point that you don't truly understand the role of AA on XIM.

On PC we can do different techniques to polish our aim, and are possible like 90, 180, snap back-and-forth to the same point, twitch aiming, etc. you aim to the target more precisely due the true 1:1 tracking, you are limited to your personal dexterity.

On XIM flickshots are not possible, due: console turn limit, poor aim/lock mechanics, dreadful deadzone implementation.

On PC you don't have external limits to aim to your target, only your dexterity.

On XIM you lead to the aim assist bubble, same as a controller user does with a stick but using a more natural and precise device, in essence you keep doing the same thing, the controller user does. However he turn faster than you, and gets out easier of the aim assist bubble. If you are mouse user with a develop aim you can aim and follow target better than him.

Here is where most XIM users try to do, remove aim assist as possible to get out of the bubble, still having aa to be anchor by it on turn, flickshots is the only way to do it.

There are some games where the ST is so close to PC and I don't play with AA at all, I can feel there is where I truly have a huge advantage vs controller players.

I don't judge to those who wants more aim assist, everybody can use their stuff as they pleased. I will keep mocking people using XIM on PC though hehe, the small aim assist they got is going to be so little to an average PC player with good aim who can turn and aim fast.

Offline qt00tp

• View Profile
you decided to buy a xim to have a better aim while other ximmers decide to use aim assist to have a better aim

I'm using xim for fun and pure human performance instead of better aim. Because I'm used to use mouse, I can not get any fun by using controller, and I have to turn on the AA when I use controller.

Basicly, I need to thank to XIM first, because without XIM, there is no FPS game on console for me. I will go back to PC for playing FPS games.